[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Myrna D., BSc.
Toronto, ON MS A
A conscientious Bookkeeper with over fifteen years&; experience in accounting and taxation and a complete bookkeeping function. Effective communication skills, report and writing capabilities and strong timemanagement with the ability to set and fulfil priorities. Committed to a team environment and recognized as a loyal and selfdirected professional who adheres to company policies and procedures.
Bell Media Formerly CTV Globemedia and Chum Limited
* Maintained the General Ledger account analysis to ensure the accuracy of accounting records.
* Investigated, followedup and cleared all reconciling and unusual items discovered on or before monthend.
* Managed reconciling divisional charges of four TV stations. CIVI, CKAL, Bravo and CKX consistently balancing for monthend.
* Worked with Station Accounting Managers to coordinate monthend accruals, adjusting journal entries and variance analysis accordingly.
* Reached the timely and accurate closing of monthend deadlines of financial statements for the Chartered Accountants.
* Prepared various monthend schedules such as Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivables, and Employees Cash Advances to ensure balance with the GL account.
* Submitted all monthly remittances on or before due dates. GST, PST and nonresident taxes.
* Performed bank and monthend A/P reconciliations by monitoring the aging subsidiary schedule of payables and ensuring all totals balanced with the AP/GL account.
* Processed vendor and supplier invoices in a timely manner and also verified accuracy approvals, account coding and due dates for cheque processing and released on time.
* Prepared payroll for up to employees using Royal Bank&;s ADP payroll system.
* Supported and responded to freelance and department head queries regarding cheque requisitions in a timely manner.
* Substituted coworker when going on vacation as part of a team support.
MCI Doctor&;s Office
* Handled registration of walkin patients and answered incoming phone calls.
* Prepared family practice and walkin doctors&; fees for OHIP< WSIB and cash billing summary.
* Submitted end of the day closing transactions by reconciling cash report, printed individual doctor&;s report and faxed the day&;s summary report to MCI head office..
Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
Accounting software : Platinum, Lawson, Quickbooks
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
rd year level in CGA Program
B.Sc, Major in Accounting, Polytechnic University of the Philippines
Previous member of Association of FilipinoCanadian Accountants
St. Basil&;s Church Coffee Hour Volunteer