[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
MARK H. P.
Wheatsheaf Road Home:
Springfield, PA Cell:
Financial and accounting professional experienced in all aspects of cost accounting. Knowledgeable in all areas involving financial, general ledger, internal auditing and fixed asset accounting. MBA with strong business acumen and adaptable to change with focus on identifying opportunities for improving the bottomline. Extensive experience and knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and can develop/maintain business relationships with significant experience working with external auditors.
ENDO PHARMACEUTICALS, Chadds Ford, PA
Managed the maintenance and changing of cost standards in SAP. Performed monthend general ledger reconciliation and adjusting journal entries. Performed quarterly physical inventories and assisted private internal auditors in review of inventory and standard cost data.
* Managed the reconcilement of all inventory received to insure that the correct cost is used.
* Established cost procedures/reports for monthly calculations of inventory and Cost of Goods Sold which improved accuracy and streamlined the ability to determine product cost.
* Calculated/expensed foreign exchange fluctuations with our suppliers resulting in a more accurate reflection of inventory costs.
* Developed inventory worksheets to adhere to the Sarbanes Oxley Requirements for inventory and discovered raw material waste by outside manufacturers which saved the company ~$K/year.
* Restructured Inventory worksheet to assist the Marketing Department in maximizing Company revenue by having the ability to better understand actual costs related to future sales.
ALLOY SURFACES, Chester Township, PA
Senior Cost Accountant & Internal Auditor
Allocated daily labor and material charges in a job/contract based costing environment using MACOLA System. Developed and maintained job cost reports to assist in operations and finance. Reviewed/approved all production entries to ensure proper allocation of material to each job and analysis of waste.
* Provided progress billings and supporting documents for Defense Department Review.
* Managed all labor and material charges to insure accuracy in a job/contract cost system.
* Assisted the Vice President on many special projects for the Department of Defense.
* Performed monthend physical inventories and prepared progress billings/supporting documentation for the DCAA submittal. Worked closely with VP on special projects for analysis/costing of future contracts with DCAA.
BURGOYNE, INC., Philadelphia, PA
Senior Cost Accountant
Compiled daily production and labor activity reports, including variance calculations. Administered customer rebate programs, price reductions, and commission disbursements for various sales groups.
* Assisted in construction and auditing integrity of Bills of Material in the switch of EDP systems.
* Participated in constructing and auditing integrity of bill of materials and routings for all new card designs and cost changes.
* Analyzed, expensed, and priced proposed product designs and supported outside auditors in the review of inventory and standard cost data.
* Worked closely with senior management, sales, and marketing divisions on the development of ad hoc analytical reports, including profitability analysis by product and by customer.
THE ROBERTS FILTER GROUP, Darby, PA
Assistant Controller/Cost Accountant
Allocated direct/indirect labor charges in a job/contractbased costing environment using DBase. Perform monthend general ledger reconciliation and prepare adjusting journal entries for site and calculated, analyzed and reported monthly individual and consolidated cost of sales for seven companies
* Approved and reviewed all journal entries submitted by affiliated companies
* Performed MonthEnd General Ledger reconciliations and adjusting entries for manufacturing site
* Assisted outside accounting firm through analytical support to facilitate the annual audit
* Developed automated inventory pricing and information system using Excel.
* Participated in the conversion of a manual inventory/cost system to an Accessbased system.
Other Related Experience
PURATOS CORPORATION, Pennsauken, NJ
Directed monthend physical inventories and prepared line item variance analyses. Prepared and reconciled financial statements and all supporting reports and schedules. Performed internal audits using the MRP system and reviewed operating and accounting procedures.
FIBERTECH, INC., Landisville, NJ
Performed monthly material inventory, monitored raw material flow from receipt through billing, and performed all associated accounting functions. Allocated all utility fuel, employee benefits, and other operating expenditures to various cost centers.
MELITTA NORTH AMERICA, INC., Cherry Hill, NJ
Conducted physical inventories, time studies, scrap material reconciliation, and operational observations at domestic and international production facilities. Facilitated monthly closing, reconciled financial statements, prepared general journal entries, and administered budgets
THE BUDD COMPANY, Philadelphia, PA
Developed and executed cost accounting procedures for this international automotive parts manufacturer. Prepared accounting reports, budgets, forecasts, and efficiency documentation.
* Developed and implemented computerized programs for labor costing and reporting using the MRP system.
* Chaired Employee Involvement Group; developed procedures to improve efficiency and saved $,.
M.B.A., Accounting, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
B.S., Accounting, Delaware Valley College, Doylestown, PA
Proficient in Excel, Word, Lotus , Access, Windows, Professional Write, WordPerfect, and SAP.