[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Hilton Drive Southfield, MI Email:
Experienced Accounting Professional
Finance Analyst with an international background including Three years in Budgeting, Accounting and Taxation. Skilled in:
Budgeting & Forecasting Financial Accounting Tax Advising & Preparation
Payroll GAAP & IFRS Fixed Asset s
Financial Reporting & Documentation Auditing SAP FICO
Financial Statement Analysis Reconciliation Cost Accounting
Education & Training / Professional Designations & Memberships
* MS, Business Administration Finance, Argosy University Chicago, IL. GPA . Dec.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State Nigeria GPA .
CPA Student Member
Professional Experience & Accomplishments
Accountant/ Finance Analyst, CareFirst Community Health Services, Michigan March, Nov,
* Manage payroll and accounting through preparation of financial statements.
* Process accounts payable and accounts receivable, preparing monthly reports to Budget & forecast trends.
* Consult with various departments to advise on structuring payments to ensure contractual agreements are met, credit rating is positive, and cash flow is sufficient to support business operations.
* Recommend and assist company in strengthening internal controls and documentation; Help to train management and accounting staff.
* Manage aging and delinquent accounts as well as computerized and manual cash batch, data entry, purchasing/invoicing, and sales journal.
* Perform budget forecasting which helps determine the course of all department over a period of time that extends into future business period.
* Responsible for performing analysis of the expenditures in relation to the budgeted figures.
Accountant/Budget Analyst, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, Nigeria NNPC,
* Oversees the review of expenditures and preparation of operating budgets for various departments which ensures conformance to budgetary limits
* Monitored company&;s WIP account and Budget records for management Decision
* Highly skilled in determining depreciation on both existing and new assets, calculation of fully depreciated assets for asset disposal.
* Managed month end journal entries and fixed asset account; coordinated the month end fixed asset reporting.
* Initiated the use of WIP account to hold assets that are not to be recognized as assets in the current month, saving millions of dollars. Developed WIP account format.
Audit & Tax Specialist, Osigwe Foods & Agro Ind Co.Ltd, Nigeria,
* Analyzed data for the preparation of financial, other statements, and accounts as well as management reporting.
* Assisted with planning and monitoring of business performance.
* Evaluated control risk on clients&; accounting systems and controls, recommending improvements.
* Monitored and reported on budgets.
* Prepared clients&; taxes and advised on tax liabilities and payments to ensure future limited tax liability.
SAP FICO Word PowerPoint Peachtree Accounting
MS Excel QuickBooks Medlin Payroll Accounting PeopleSoft system.