[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Daniel J M.
New Durham, NH
Highly dynamic Financial and Operations professional with extensive years of training and implementing strong internal controls and reporting to allow operations management to respond rapidly to the ever changing business environment, in Markets such as DOD, Aerospace , Medical Device, and Electronic Components. Seeking a position that allows me to capitalize on my business skills, my endless drive to succeed and be creative with the fast pace of dynamic business. I have continued to demonstrate my skills in Financial and Business Processes including Project Cost Management, Manufacturing Operations, Management Reporting and Resource Management. IExpertise in Oracle, Epicor EB, and Mapics ERP and Financial Systems, with a strong knowledge of Hyperion Financials and Microsoft Office.
Accellent Inc: $MRevenue Medical Device Manufacturer
Controller Controller Positions eliminated //
* Responsibilities Include: Overall direction of Accounting and Information Services for a $M Division which include Full Accounting, Budgets, Forecasting, and Standard Costing and setting of Labor and Overhead Costing and Quoting Rates.
* Partnered with Supply Chain Management: Decreased Inventories by %, and improved turns . to . which allowed for quicker reaction to ever changing customer demands.
* Partnered with Finance Team: Implemented Balance Sheet Controls for monthly accounts&; reconciliations creating proper Profit and Loss Reporting
GE HealthCare Whatman PLC: $BRevenue Medical Device Manufacturer
Plant Controller Plant closed / /
* Responsibilities Include: Overall direction of Accounting and Information Services for the US Manufacturing Facility to include Standard Costing, Inventory Analysis, Budgets, Forecasting and Financial Reporting at the Gross Margin Level.
* Partnered with Operations, Engineering, and Supply Chain: Evaluated and made the necessary changes to our BOM&;s and Routes, completing the project months early. Reviewed the top % of the revenue dollars shipped in the last months allowing us to be more competitive and project lead times that are more realistic.
* Partnered with Inventory Control: Implemented a Cycle Count Program performance improved from % accuracy to % accuracy in the first months allowing us to improve our "on time" deliveries and lead times.
Smiths Tubular Systems L&S: $BRevenue Aerospace Component Manufacturer Commercial and DOD
Financial Controller / /
* Responsibilities Included: Direction of all Accounting and Information Services for Divisions with a combined Revenue of $M which included Full Accounting, Budgets, Forecasting, Standard and Actual Costing.
* Partnered with Operations: Consolidation of plants reducing overall cost % and allowing us to be more competitive in a very competitive Aerospace market.
* Partnered with Management and Finance: Reduce Closing cycle time form days to day, by using more Accrual Accounting and better management of Inventory Transactions and Reporting, thus providing Management Financials on a more timely basis and the ability to react quicker to the changing Aerospace Customer demands
* Partnered with Finance: Implementation of stronger Balance Sheet controls so all accounts were reconciled monthly s to avoid any new earning announcement. Prior to my arrival Company announced $ M cash write off
New Hampshire Ball Bearings: $MRevenue Aerospace Components Manufacturer Commercial and DOD
Controller / /
* Responsibilities Included: Direction of all Accounting and Information services for a $M Division including Full Accounting, Standard Job Order Costing, and Financial Reporting
* Partnered with Management and Finance: Reduced Closing cycle time form . days to day, by using more Accrual accounting and improved management of Inventory transactions and reporting also providing Management Financials on a more timely basis and the ability to react quicker to the changing Aerospace Customer demands
* Partnered with Materials CoChairman and Corporate Finance: Implemented New Mapics Financial and Material Reporting Package, completed on time and under budget
* Partnered with Planning CoChairman: Implemented New Mapics Version Advance Planning System therefore reducing lead times and allowing plant to be more competitive in the Aerospace Market.
Annalee Mobiltee Dolls: Collectible Doll Manufacturer and Retailer
Controller / /
* Responsibilities Included: Direction of all Accounting and Financial reporting for a $M manufacturing and retail Subchapter S Corporation which included Full Accounting, Financial Reporting and HR Risk Management
* Partnered with Senior Management and Family Owners: Implement the company&;s first monthly Cash Forecasting Model and first Monthly Financial Letter allowing Management and the Family the necessary resources to develop new products and "grow the business"
* Partnered with the family: Established a line of credit of $.M allowing additional growth opportunities.
Executive Masters in Accounting Southern New Hampshire University expected graduation mid
Masters in Business Administration Rivier College, New Hampshire
Bachelors of Science in Accounting Bentley College, Massachusetts
* Instructor in accounting I and II, Intermediate, Cost Accounting I and II, Managerial Accounting, Financial Management MBA Level and Federal Taxes
Rochester Rebels Assistant Director and Coach
* Organization to promote AAU Summer Basketball for girls in New Hampshire