[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
B, Building , Street , Tel: Office
Block , Mobile
Salwa, Kuwait. Email:
A Chartered Accountant with thirteen years’ experience in financial accounting, financial analysis, auditing, taxation,
internal control, treasury management and vast exposure to various business functions of organisations in a wide
range of industry sectors with passion and dedication to the work.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
CA Chartered Accountant of Sri Lanka
IPA Public Accountant of Australia
CMA Certified Management Accountant of Sri Lanka
|PERIOD |ORGANISATION |POSITION |
|June to date |AlMailem Group of Companies, Kuwait |Finance Manager |
|Dec to May |Agalawatte Plantations PLC |Manager – Financial Accounting |
|Dec to Nov |Eastern Maritime Colombo Ltd. |Internal Auditor |
|Feb to Jun |Hays Document Management |Executive – Finance |
|Jan to Feb |KPMG |Auditor/Audit Supervisor |
Jun – To
AlMailem Group of Companies Kuwait
AlMailem Group is one of the oldest companies in Kuwait Celebrated Years in involving Trading Tires, Auto
Spare Parts, Auto Glass, Batteries, Lubricants, Garage Equipments and Real Estate. The AlMailem Group has now
emerged as one of the leading Groups in Kuwait focused business activities in the field of automotive products and
have expanded its business in Dubai – UAE, Iraq & Jordan.
The Group is currently the authorised distributor for many world famous brands namely:
CONTINENTAL, GOODYEAR, TOYO TIRES, HANKOOK, SOLIDEAL, CEAT, RUNWAY TIRE, ACCELERA,
PRIMEWELL TIRES, TVS TIRES, ENOC LUBRICANTS, HANKOOK BATTERIES, TRW PARTS, HOFMAN & MANY
Responsibilities & Areas of Work:
• Overall in charge of the Finance activities of the Group.
• Ensure the integrity of financial reporting process and procedures by developing, modifying and
implementing proper internal controls.
• A thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting StandardsIFRS coupled with familiarity of
management accounting concepts & techniques.
• Preparation of the Annual Financial Statements, Quarterly/Monthly Financial
Statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting StandardsIFRS.
• Ensuring submission of timely monthly statement of accounts to the Management.
• Providing key financial information on time to facilitate effective financial
management, performance, profitability and project appraisals.
• Coordination and follow up with the budget and budgetary control in timely manner.
• Updating and keeping track of the developments in relation to all aspects of financial
activities in the Company.
• Constantly evolving environment buying with new developments and uncovering fresh
challenges and meeting deadlines on a daily basis.
• Implementation and functioning of computerised accounting systems including ORACLE EBUSINESS
SUITE i, IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Tool, GL Wand for Oracle & MS Office
• Covering all related company’s assets under insurance contracts with reputable insurance companies.
• Treasury Management.
• Liaising with Banks, Ministries, Auditors, Suppliers and other Statutory/External
. ORACLE EBusiness Suite i AlMailem Group of Companies
. COGNOS – Business Intelligence Tool IBM AlMailem Group of Companies
. GL Wand for Oracle AlMailem Group of Companies
. ACCPAC – Agalawatte Plantations PLC
. Shipping Documentation System Eastern Maritime Colombo Ltd.
. Navision FinancialsAccounting Package Hays Document Management
. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Microsoft
Cricket, Music, cards, movies, collecting stamps and watching news
Will be provided upon request.