[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Carissa D. th St. NW; Sioux Center, IA ∙ ∙
Objective To obtain an entrylevel position in accounting.
Education Dordt College Sioux Center, IA Expected Graduation Date: May
BA Degree: Accounting and Mathematics Majors Overall GPA: ./.
Awards: Accounting GPA: ./.
* Dordt College Presidential Scholarship
* Pella Corporation Business Scholarship
* Martin Seven Mathematics Scholarship
Experience Accounting Intern
Sioux Center Christian School Sioux Center, IA September Present
* Document current procedures for the Tuition Reduction Incentive Program and work in collaboration with a local accountant on the school&;s Financial Board to achieve better separation of duties and internal control.
* Research scrip accounting software and determine effective accounting documenting procedures for scrip.
Apparel Sales Associate
WalMart Sioux Center, IA September September
* Provided customer service in apparel, jewelry, and fabrics.
* Folded and arranged clothes to maintain an organized and appealing look.
Accounting Summer Intern
Dordt College Sioux Center, IA May August
* Helped start up the campus coffee shop run by the Dordt College Business Club by offering accounting insight and input.
* Researched and learned the basics about QuickBooks and how to use it.
* Programmed the cash register and set up a QuickBooks account for the coffee shop.
* Assisted in finalizing the coffee shop product list and setting prices for the products.
Information Desk Attendant
Dordt College Sioux Center, IA August August
* Answered and directed phone calls and greeted visitors of Dordt College.
* Communicated information and directions effectively to inquiring parties.
* Trained new attendants before the fall semester.
Dordt College Sioux Center, IA Sept. Aug. , & Summer ,
* Managed workers and projects as Student Supervisor during the summer of .
* Worked hard and efficiently as a team member in cleaning the college&;s Science Building and performing outside work during three consecutive summers.
* Cleaned classrooms and offices as a workstudy during the school year.
Interests and Dordt College Business Club Board Member and Secretary
Activities Math Club
Women of Promise Bible Study
References Available upon request