[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Richard P. A.
A highly experienced accounting controller and project manager who helps businesses more effectively marshal their financial and human resources. An expert planner, able to map out realistic budgets and schedules that translate strategic plans into tactical realities. An insightful Project Controller who can identify expense issues before they impact project or business results. A skilled project manager with a proven record of onbudget, onschedule, and onscope deliveries.
* Directed planning, accounting, cost control and reporting for annual expense budgets of up to $ million.
* Designed and successfully managed complex, integrated project plan for $ million initiative.
* Developed budgeting and accounting policies that streamlined planning and improved expense oversight.
* Introduced new technologies to enhance the organization, analysis and dissemination of financial data.
* Rationalized competing priorities to create operating plans that addressed key business imperatives.
Deloitte Consulting LLP Harrisburg, PA Present
Senior Project Controller
Assigned as the Project Controller on the MultiYear project, responsible for the following key activities:
* Maintain an accurate budget model to track hours, fees, and expense forecast vs. actual and explain any variance.
* Provide the financial impact of staffing scenarios to managers for decision making.
* On a fixed fee Project, effectively track project cash flow by timely invoicing of deliverables and forecasting unbilled balances for project management. Updating invoicing and staffing changes on a daily basis to discuss results and additional changes.
* Provide pricing analysis and modeling support for future release staffing plans and understand the availability of client funding for future work.
* Sheppard the staffing process by reviewing the project needs with management and post the requests with the appropriate team.
* Monitor project profitability and provide insight to project management.
* Work to decrease overall Subcontractor blended rate to meet requirements of new contract: improve leverage model.
* Educate Management Team on impact of staff mix and leverage model.
* Extracts Actual cost from SAP and through the use of Queries, download to Excel Budget file for reconciliation and variance analysis.
* Pricing Model used to develop "GoNo Go" decisions relating to projects. Model predicts Profit Margin, Recommended discount rate given optimal staff leveraging.
* Periodically briefs Senior Management on financial health of projects, detailing all risks and opportunities.
Keating Building Corporation [A Tudor/Perini Company] philadelphia, pa
Directed all budget, cost reporting, accounting and billing activities for major construction projects of this Fortune construction services company.
* Served as controller for projects costing $+ million and involving tens of subcontractors.
+ Hollywood Casino/Race Track Harrisburg PA
+ Mohegan Sun Casino/Race TrackWilkes Barre PA
+ Phila PA Convention Center Downtown Phila PA
* Oversaw successful project completions with no postproject claims or closeout delays.
* Primary interface with all subcontractors, base billing and change order management.
* Provided accounting input for planning and execution of company&;s project management system conversion.
* Participated in major Financial and Project management software conversion Using PC based CMIC.
* Responsible for recording of all receivables, and processing Sub
* Practiced accrual accounting to ensure all financial forecasts reflected total expected cost.
Menaker & Associates raleigh, nc
Responsible for all aspects of large home construction for this regional building company, including estimating, cost control and field management.
* Applied design and building expertise to accurately estimate residential home construction costs.
* Managed subcontractor resources and negotiated home sales.
AmerGen Energy middletown, pa
Business Operations Manager/Director
Led financial and administrative operations for Three Mile Island, Nuclear Power Station TMI, and Responsibilities included management of strategic planning, accounting, budget planning/reporting, financial statement preparation, KPIs, treasury functions, contracts administration and workforce planning/scheduling. Accountable for up to person staff and $ million annual O&M budget. Reported directly to the Station VP.
* Designed performance indicators that have since been adopted by all of the company&;s nuclear power plants.
* Developed aggressive budgets that kept the business competitive despite deregulation in the utility industry.
* Produced timely and accurate budget performance reports for department and division management.
* Served as lead liaison for two major accounting system conversions, ensuring all business needs were met.
* Devised work process, still in use today, to certify safe completion of maintenance after prolonged outages.
* Benchmarked best practices and then established accounting, budget and project management procedures.
* Maintained General Ledger for a profit center practiced estimated accrual accounting.
* BA Planning Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
* AA Architectural Technology Burlington County College, Pemberton, NJ
* United States Air Force veteran
* Extensive knowledge of project management and scheduling methodologies CPM, P, CMAC, etc..
* Hands on experience with numerous accounting software systems DPS,CMIC, CGC, PeopleSoft.
* Certified Teamwork and Leadership facilitator.
* Certified Nuclear Plant Reactor Operator Senior Management Program.