[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
JOAN L. P.
Warner Hill Road, Unit H:
Stratford, CT C:
DEGREED ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONAL
Extensive experience with Senior Management to add value for strong producers in corporate and engineering environments. Practical, articulate and creative; utilize all available resources; prioritize projects and assignments, and complete highquality results on or before deadline. Proven track record of managing and/or actively participating in team effort to achieve targeted goals. Anticipate needs, assume additional responsibilities, and resolve problems when necessary. Wellorganized and proficient at multitasking. Adept at Microsoft Office, including , and Internet savvy.
* Office Management
* MS Outlook
* Accounts Receivable
* Windows XP & OS
* MS Access
* Inventory Control
* Customer Service
* MS PowerPoint
* MS Word
* Event Planning
* MS Excel
* Problem Solving
* PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
* Volunteer while searching for permanent employment. Present
* SIKORSKY AIRCRAFT CORPORATION, Stratford, CT UTC Global Downsizing
* Executive Assistant
* Supported two Program Directors and Department Managers with Engineers.
* Produced extensive PowerPoint Department Weekly Status Report for helicopter customer and interacted with numerous departments for data.
* Compiled Weekly Director Status Reports for Senior Management.
* Created PowerPoint and Excel ad hoc reports as well as usage of intracompany software.
* Responsible for extensive meeting, event, calendar management, and communications in Outlook.
* Managed logistics for staff, interns, and contractors.
* Computer software administrator for all helicopter program staff.
* Conducted orientations and trained new hires, interns, and contractors on company Intranet software.
* Negotiated with vendors for facility/equipment/catering at offsite events as required.
* Began as temporary employee in and hired to permanent status in .
* Contractor Executive Assistant
KLM INDUSTRIES, Monroe, CT Company Closed
Initiated/processed purchase orders and monthly office billing payments; project management; ordered office supplies/equipment.
* Organized and coordinated schedules for General Manager and six divisional staff members with annual $M sales.
* Invoiced Accounts Receivable monthly billing totaling near $K.
* Implemented office procedures to upgrade workflow processes and supervised office building maintenance.
TIME WARNER CABLE, Division of AOL TIME WARNER, Stamford, CT AOL Takeover
Senior Executive Coordinator
Reported to Finance Senior Executive, consolidated spreadsheets of monthly divisions&; financials for Senior Management and FCC.
* Setup and implemented records retention files system, correspondence, calendar maintenance, telephone contact, expense reports, and project management.
JOAN L. P. Page Two
* Contractor Executive Assistant and Office Manager
ASEA BROWN BOVERI INC. ABB, Windsor, CT Formerly Combustion Engineering
Division Sold to Competitors
Based on criteria set by Energy Systems and Services Division and budgetary restraints, hired vendors to train staff, offering courses that included engineering and computer skills, sales techniques, foreign languages, improving metrics, etc.
* Developed a marketing strategy to promote available courses, which generated % profit margin with annual operational budget of $, with Oracle software for Division.
* Managed PC Lab and two administrative support staff members.
* CHAMPION INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION, Stamford, CT Sold to IP
Reported to the Controller and Human Resources Director for Vice Chairman&;s Business Unit.
Composed correspondence, spreadsheets, travel arrangements, expense reports, records retention, telephone contact, and calendar maintenance. Consolidated monthly and quarterly financial reports from divisions and subsidiaries for Corporate Senior Management.
* Formulated and maintained annual Training Plan for Vice Chairman&;s business unit as liaison with management professionals.
* Coordinated major on and off site meetings.
* Maintained logistical databases, correspondence, and agendas for executives as member of Senior Management Meeting Team.
Albertus Magnus College, New Haven, CT
Management in Information Systems, Organizational Behavior, Contemporary Ethical Issues
Business Undergraduate Courses: Accounting, Microeconomics, Economics, Marketing, Intro. to Business
Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT
M.S., B.S. Education