[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Dr Javaid K. MEng, MBA
Old Birmingham Rd, Lickey, Worcestershire, B NU
I am MBA qualified with experience of Management Consulting, Project Management and Marketing roles within both blue chip organisations and also smaller companies. I am a Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing Specialist and Consultant with advanced knowledge of Social Media platforms and their application in varying scenarios. I have excellent proven written and oral communication skills at all levels both internally and with customers and suppliers, as evidenced by the contracts and projects I have completed. I have an indepth understanding of ecommerce and digital marketing from working in Digital Marketing for almost years. I understand the importance of customer engagement through Social Media channels. I have proven experience in developing and implementing top class social media strategies and digital communications campaigns. I have excellent written English and copywriting skills from working with numerous clients both nationally and internationally.
Clients amongst others have included: Virgin, Olympus, HSBC, First Direct, M, i, Eurotunnel.
Experience of working in following verticals: finance, IT, the legal sector, the medical sector, the fitness industry, property firms, retail, engineering and telecommunications companies. However, my skills and expertise are transferrable to any vertical market.
* Almost years experience of Digital Marketing including at least the following elements:
Website design and marketing including `stickiness&; and conversion strategies, Website enhancement strategies, split A/B multivariate testing, Copywriting, SEO techniques, Social Media marketing Facebook, Twitter, Video Marketing techniques, Blogging Strategies, Google Places, LinkedIn Marketing, EBay Marketing, , Google and Facebook advertising methods, PR and article/white paper marketing, Google Places strategies, List building, Database Management, Email Marketing strategies, Affiliate Marketing, Traffic Management, Relationship nurturing and building trust through proven online techniques.
* Have built a community of over ,+ contacts via Digital Marketing strategies.
* Helped a client go from no presence on Google to over , entries within just months.
* Assisted a client in obtaining over , prospects using Social Media techniques alone, all within months.
* % increase in profit for a client using Digital Marketing techniques.
* Achieved Page Google ranking for an accountancy firm within days.
* Helped a Business Networking client achieve multiple entries on Page of Google and over , contacts on Social Media channels within months.
* Have completed multiple Digital Marketing strategies for numerous clients including full implementation from inception through to completion.
* Created on a very low budget and have achieved No. on Page of Google for the search term "Coventry Accountants" which was the most searched for term for people looking for an accountant in Coventry.
* Have achieved Google Page Organic Search rankings for at least the following: "Social Media Manager Birmingham", Social Media Manager Walsall"
* Have personally built several websites from scratch including for example , .
to current Magnetic Marketing Services, Digital Marketing Agency
Online Marketing and Social Media Manager
* Continued self education and training to ensure the latest techniques and technologies are adapted for use in social media campaigns for clients of various descriptions.
* Spreading the message of online marketing and social media benefits via online media and conferences and workshops.
* Managing Google Pay Per Click campaigns and Facebook Ad campaigns.
* Email marketing strategies using platforms such as mailchimp, getresponse, aweber, shoppingcart, Infusionsoft CRM.
* Web copy and designing other online and offline marketing material.
* Multivariate A/B, split testing on `live&; websites with `live&; traffic to ensure optimal customer experience and website conversion rates.
* Branding and campaigning via PR, blogging, white paper and article marketing and Social Media.
* SEO and managing Social Media campaigns for relationship building, reputation management and building up of client base.
* Ensuring all work compliant with client code of ethics and current legislation at all times.
* Managing social media teams to help implement social media strategies for clients.
* Weekly/monthly Social Media analytics reporting and presenting to clients.
* Integration of Social Media strategy with organisations&; Marketing Strategies.
* Project Manager leading Social Media Marketing projects from inception to completion.
* Tying offline marketing activities with online strategies to ensure maximum exposure to marketplace.
* Programme Manager managing several projects concurrently, ensuring each receives the attention that it deserves.
* Completing marketing audits encompassing such things as competitor analyses.
* Maintaining and enhancing business reputation via online marketing channels.
* Harnessing relationships with key decision players in complimentary markets to build affiliate networks.
* Team management responsible for managing a team of marketers, web designers and graphics designers.
* Recruitment, management, appraisal and development of staff to maintain high standards and timely completion of jobs.
* Have built a community of over ,+ contacts via Social Media platforms alone.
* Completed online branding exercise for a small business ensuring brand consistency across all platforms.
* Have built social media communities encompassing thousands of people for clients that have started from ground level.
* Managed PPC for several clients.
* Coupled direct marketing campaigns with online campaigns to ensure maximum results.
* Consultant to a diverse range of businesses to help improve branding and build client base through Digital Marketing and Social Media techniques.
* Reduced new customer acquisitions costs via effective email marketing strategies.
* Complete ownership of online marketing campaign strategies for several clients.
* Achieved cost reduction in marketing budget through effectively managing online campaigns and reducing offline marketing spend.
* Successful in providing both content creation and distribution and reputation management solutions for my clients.
* Day to day moderation and community management for clients from various business sectors.
* Presented Online Marketing strategies at conferences, events and seminars all over the World and UK.
Social media marketing using the latest strategies, Video marketing strategies using keyword rich terms, Blogging Strategies, Facebook Marketing, Google Places high ranking strategies, LinkedIn Marketing, Online Marketing Strategies, Twitter Marketing, YouTube Marketing, EBay Marketing, Copywriting, Google and facebook ads, Website design including `stickiness&; and conversion strategies, Website enhancement strategies, PR and article/white paper marketing, SEO techniques and backlink strategies, Google domination for niche markets, Google Analytics, Online prospecting for clients using name capture techniques, List building, Database management and email marketing strategies, Relationship nurturing and building trust through proven online techniques, Google Plus strategies.
to Mikan Properties, Property Consultancy
Online Marketing Director
* To develop a business model to include an online arm from which to market property related and personal development products.
* To develop a database of individuals interested in property investing and personal development.
* To manage a small team of website developers and designers to complete projects on time and within budget.
* Resource planning, forecasting and preparing monthly action plans to ensure targets are met.
* To own all digital marketing activities and prepare a strategy for successful execution.
* Managing and maintaining relationships with external suppliers.
* Monitoring competitor activity and performing analyses on a regular basis.
* Development of budgets and plans and ensuring activities are on target and meeting milestones.
* Owned a portfolio of properties worth several Poundmillion.
* Developed strategic financing techniques so that acquisitions were effectively `no moneydown&;.
* Built up a team to handle all aspects of property development and management.
* Recruited and managed a small team of technical staff and marketers.
* Negotiated with external suppliers to drive costs down by %.
* Wrote and marketed ebooks on property investing resulting in profits in excess of Pound,.
* Developed and ran a personal mentoring and training programme.
* Successfully completed Digital Marketing activities included at least the following:
+ Email marketing strategies to help retain existing customers and assist them in further buying decisions, to draw in new customers and manage relations between the organisation and customers.
+ Affiliate marketing strategies to provide alternative product choices to existing customers and provide our product range to joint venture partners.
+ Built a database of over , potential customers and clients.
+ Social Media management strategies using at least the following: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Blogging techniques and over a additional online marketing channels.
+ Writing white papers and articles providing up to date content and ultimately promoting the company&;s products and services.
+ Copywriting creating web copy and copy for courses, seminars, course manuals and presentations.
+ Using SEO techniques to help build web presence and increase customer optins.
+ Database management.
* Managed a team of contractors for website and graphic design projects.
* Fostered strategic joint venture relationships with other organisations to help with marketing of our products and services.
to Management Consultant
SIMON KUCHER & PARTNERS, Strategy & Marketing Consultants Ltd, London
* Delivery of strategy and marketing assignments for clients of varying sizes:
+ Work ranging from market positioning to corporate marketing strategy including organisational change.
+ Focus on service excellence at all times.
+ Customer and Client interviews.
* Business Development:
+ Researching and developing opportunities through contacts and networks.
+ Writing proposals and making subsequent presentations.
* Interviewing prospective candidates for Management Consulting roles within Simon Kucher.
* Development of European pricing strategy for an international organisation resulting in instant profit gains.
* Led a scenario planning workshop as part of marketing strategy for an international organisation.
* Developed an `expert judgement&; workshop to help client better understand market response to changes in prices.
* Product development strategy for a large corporate client.
to Business Consultant, Cranfield School of Management
Virgin Money: Strategic Direction For Next Five Years
Audit of Virgin Money&;s business model and their suitability to remain in the online financial services market.
Datamonitor: Viability Of A New Market Entry Strategy
Business audit including competitor analyses of Datamonitor&;s current position using traditional strategy tools.
Netsquared Small Website Design Company: Business Audit And Survival Strategy
Undertook a comprehensive business and organisational review, analysing internal readiness for new business strategy. Identified systems and organisational issues limiting business growth. Review of corporate governance.
i Late Stage Technology Investing In The USA
Analysed the competitive environment in the US existing players and their investment strategies.
Investigated opportunities for i as an outsider, to invest in late stage technology in the US.
to Strategic Product Manager, Granger Telecom, Surrey
* Accountable to the Board of Directors for product and business to business marketing strategy.
* Influencing and building credibility at Board level.
* New product development. Emphasis on innovation, competitiveness, quality and customer focus.
* Responsible for developing pricing strategy for core and subsidiary products.
* Management of any client concerns with reference to product portfolio.
* Investigated competitor technologies and prices, contributing to overall product and marketing strategy.
* Managed the introduction of two new products to the existing product portfolio.
to Project/Alliance Manager, Ericsson Mobile Communications Ltd, UK/Sweden
* Alliance Manager for large multinational suppliers Philips, Sony, Hitachi to Ericsson.
* Responsible for competitor product analyses.
* Primary interface between technical design teams and marketing function.
* Project Manager for key technology projects.
* Successfully managed two multimillion pound projects involving extensive work in Sweden and the UK.
* Continuous investigation and analysis of future technologies for potential use in Ericsson phones.
* Developed product and pricing strategies for next generation phones.
* Introduced measures to improve efficiency during high volume phone production.
* Managed cost reduction processes to bring project expenditure below budget.
Project Leader/Engineer, ThomsonMarconi Sonar Systems UK Ltd., Hampshire
* Project leader, overseeing the development of sonar systems for the British submarine fleet.
to Postgraduate Teaching Assistant, University of Birmingham Part Time
Research Engineer: Oct to Dec .
* Assisted in experimental field trials in the Mediterranean, involving French project partner, and provided technical support to existing projects within the research group.
* Responsible for the tutoring, mentoring and appraisal of undergraduate students.
Jul Attained status of Chartered Engineer Institute of Electrical Engineers
+ MBA, Cranfield School of Management
Specialised in Marketing incl. Digital Marketing, Business Strategy and Finance.
Ph.D., Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Birmingham
Analytical modelling of complex devices for communications applications. Six publications and speaker at international conferences.
+ MEng Hons, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, ., University of Birmingham
Engineering modules with specialism in management.
A Levels: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry. Foxford School, Coventry.
O levels including English and Mathematics, Foxford School, Coventry.
I am comfortable with using most computer programmes. I have expert knowledge of at least Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign CS. I also have experience of working with web pages, intranets and CRM programmes. Being analytical and technically minded I am able to pick up and utilise new tools very quickly.
Extensive travel throughout the world have visited continents. I have an active interest in Health and Fitness and currently play football once a week and attend the Gym times/week. I have a brown belt in Karate and have also trained in Aikido. At University, I was President of the Speleological Society and Hall Tutor responsible for the welfare of , mostly undergraduate students. I currently undertake voluntary work assisting students in schools and colleges with business, marketing and career advice.