[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Globally Pr & Communications Agency Madrid, Spain June August
Public Relations Intern
* Under the guidance of Madrid&;s top communications and PR firm, I supported and coplanned the communications efforts for Europe&;s top nightclub PACHA in the efforts of extending its brand presence internationally. My responsibilities included preparing press releases, document translations, media planning as well as promoting the PACHA brand and its events globally through various media channels.
Atlantis Resort & Casino Nassau, Bahamas August April
Sales & Marketing Manager
Promoted from previous position as Guest Activities Account Executive after less than years, where I was then responsible for the general communications and marketing implementation of all Atlantis business units including Guest Activities, Entertainment and F&B, with the goal of attaining budgets up to million annually.
Tasks / Achievements:
* Spearheaded local communication efforts for key events such as the Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational, Atlantis Live Concert Series, Bahamas International Film Festival etc.
* Additionally, responsible for all event promotions at the resort, providing creative input as well as sign management.
* Wrote creative copy for local newspapers, T.V, and radio ads, alongside contributing to the design and content of the Atlantis brochures and website
Atlantis Resort & Casino Nassau, Bahamas February August
Guest Activities Account Executive
Developed and coordinated the marketing efforts for the Atlantis Guest Activities business units including: The Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Atlantis Kids Club, Club Rush and the Atlantis Theatre. Overall responsibility was to meet and exceed sale targets up to million annually.
Tasks / Achievements:
* Instrumental in leading the Earth & Fire Pottery Studio to profit generation for the first time in , exceeding its annual budget by %.
* Revamped and successfully launched a local membership program for the Atlantis Kids Club, thus increasing local participation by %. Success can be attributed to the development of an aggressive email campaign targeting locals.
Master in International Management, Instituto de Empresa University, Madrid Spain
Organization of American States Scholarship Recipient Awarded , Euros.
Class Ranking: Top %, GPA: .
B.A., Business Administration Marketing, Mount Allison University, N.B. Canada
A.C.E Committee Member Advancing Canadian Entrepreneurship Marketing Manager
Model United Nations M.U.N Represented Kenya in the M.U.N Conference at Harvard University. Debate Team
English: Native Speaker
Spanish: High level of speaking and comprehension
Skills & Interests
Software: High level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Publisher