[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
CAROLINA B. V.
Thornberry Ct, Mason, OH
Experienced brand manager and research consultant with demonstrated abilities in product management, brand building, advertising, media, qualitative and quantitative research design and analysis, international and multicultural marketing and research, people development and crossfunctional team leadership.
/Present ILLUMINATION RESEARCH Loveland, OH
/Present Hispanic Division Director
Responsible for Hispanic strategy, business and capability development.
* Developed and aligned vision for the Hispanic research and consulting offerings, including target audience, pricing strategy and marketing plans.
* Developed Hispanic offerings portfolio, sales materials and trained the organization on Hispanic research and marketing nuances, as well as up selling strategies and tools.
* Designed and implemented marketing plans, leading to Hispanic business growing to % of company revenue within one year, including several Fortune and companies.
* Recommended and vetted suppliers for Hispanic specific work.
* Oversaw all company RFIs and proposals for Hispanic work, resulting in inclusion in ethnic research supplier official roster of a Fortune company.
/Present Insight Strategist In addition to Hispanic Division Director responsibilities
Strategic consulting across various industries with expertise in outstanding consumer and shopper insights.
* Full service, holistic solution for all clients&; research needs from qualitative to quantitative, BC or BB, from local to global, General Market or Multicultural.
* Guide clients in research journey by understanding their business and objectives designing and conducting research, including questionnaire development, discussion guide development, interviewing, debriefing, action planning, data analysis, through presentation of findings and recommendations written and presented.
* Developed and led the research and ideation for multiple billiondollar brands.
* Conducted hundreds of consumer interviews, including ethnographies, IDIs, Focus Groups, Online research, and immersive research.
// PROCTER & GAMBLE Cincinnati, OH
// Brand Manager
Pantene & Head & Shoulders US Hispanic Responsible for deep understanding of target consumers/shoppers and category dynamics in Hispanic markets.
* Created and executed $ million consumer marketing plan for $ million in net outside sales.
* Stabilized Pantene among USH, growing at $ share IYA through the recession, despite % less marketing dollars and unprecedented competitive spending and pricing activity.
* Led strategic target understanding and prime prospect definition for both brands, identified potential and sold reluctant management on opportunity to focus on men as a secondary target.
* Developed new advertising campaign that achieved record high ASI scores for the brand across all initiatives, and marketing plan that was % more efficient and drove imagery improvement of between % across all key measures.
* Increased H&S Hispanic media ROI +% by recommending targeting Adult demo vs. Women.
* Defined a year vision and presented strategy and marketing plan recommendation to brand VP that secured funding for largest investment in Hispanic in the history of the brand.
* Developed customer strategy and programs that delivered % greater merchandising in Hispanic stores.
* Trained and consulted with Hair Color category on Hispanic targeting strategy helping them assess the landscape, understand their Hispanic target consumer and recommended approach, resulting in first ever bilingual packaging and Hispanic specific high scoring TV copy for the brand.
* Helped develop the Hispanic shopper strategy for P&G&;s Walmart team.
* Responsible for the management and professional development of three direct reports.
// Senior Assistant Brand Manager
Iams /Eukanuba North America Influencer Marketing Responsible for development and executions of Veterinary Channel Strategies and Plans to drive sales and recommendations.
* Led development and alignment of defense plans against competitive launch of allergy diets. As a result, allergy volume up to vs. YA in participating clinics, while total allergy volume up IYA.
* Led the development, qualification and implementation of a new marketing model for the veterinary channel focused on diving recommendations for OTC sales.
* Identified potential points of entry / switching for pet owners and their overlap with key veterinary concerns and developed kits to be used as tools by vets and be handed to consumers by their vets, including New Puppy / Kitten kits, Weight Kit, and Dental kit.
* Reinvented Iams presence in the Veterinary channel, including brand architecture and development to inmarket execution rebranding and relaunching the Rx line up.
* Led crossfunctional team in developing and aligning Rx innovation strategy and three year pipeline of product improvements / news.
* Developed, qualified, and launched an Iams Super Premium OTC product in the vet channel, later launched on a national level and exceeding expectations.
* Worked with ER and veterinary field sales in development and execution of plans to mitigate impact of recall.
// PROCTER & GAMBLE LATIN AMERICA Caracas, Venezuela
// Assistant Brand Manager
Clairol Retail Hair Color Responsible for Miss Clairol and Motif brands in the Latin American region.
* Led the restage of Motif, increasing share +% to points and improving equity of the brand behind new concept, packaging, product lineup, Well Above Normal TV copy and BASES optimized support plans.
* Developed and qualified a new lowinvestment sustaining model for Motif following, growing +% despite an aggressive competitive launch and reduced focus and support.
* Developed trade objectives and responsible for the review and approval of all incremental regional programs.
* Led Category Initiative Analysis with Market Research that determined the required pace of innovation required to win in the hair color category.
* Led crossfunctional team in developing three year pipeline of product improvements / news, aligning with management and getting buyin from the countries.
* Led development of the first shade initiative for Miss Clairol, exceeding distribution objectives by % in both grocery and mass merchandisers and resulting in % growth for the family.
* Developed an automated tool for indepth shade analysis, significantly reducing the complexity and time required to gather and organize the data, for use by all the brands in the category.
* Turned around business decline through the first Commercial Innovation for the hair color category after acquisition, delivering % volume growth after a long period of decline.
* Indepth key competitor Global Colorants business model analysis to allow the organization to anticipate their actions in threatened markets; which was deployed and used globally.
// Assistant Brand Manager
NutriStar ABM Venezuela MDO Test Market
* Researched and qualified alternate forms to leverage the technology in NutriStar product and recommended against new product form.
UNIVERSIDAD SIMÓN BOLÍVAR Caracas, Venezuela
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering. May
* Honorific Mention in Thesis
Procter & Gamble Excellence Challenge Award Caracas, Venezuela
* Bilingual English / Spanish.
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
* Taught English as a Second Language for over years.
* Enjoy reading, biking, and snorkeling.