[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
MARIA A. S.
Experienced Marketing Professional with experience in Latin America and the US Multicultural . Creative strategist who obtains results from the use of consumer understanding and data. Successfully leveraged consumer packaged goods and consumers services skills across industries. Extensive experience in:
* Consumer Segmentation
* Advertising & Media Strategy
* Brand Management
* Product Development
* Market Research
* P & L Responsibility
* Building & Management Teams
* Sales Promotions & Sponsorships
* Public & Media Relations
* Local Marketing and Grass Root Programs
* Fluent in Spanish, Italian & Portuguese
Hispanic Marketing Director
Responsible for assessing and launching Hispanic Business.
* Lead cross functional team to develop and implement degrees infrastructure and marketing plans needed to serve multicultural markets through multi channel strategies online and catalog in line with overall business strategies.
* Launched espanol.fingerhut.com. Managed all aspect of the project, including digital agencies
* Provide leadership to advertising, media and research agencies to support brand initiatives in the multicultural market
* Responsible for key P&L areas sale forecasts, promotion costs, new customer acquisition, advertising ,etc and ROI of all consumer and marketing initiatives.
* Responsible for all digital strategy, content , marketing and P&L
* Leverage consumer and marketplace insights to optimize positioning ,communications and multichannel strategy
* Develop and implement innovative marketing tactics by using nontraditional channels.
* Develop and implement business analytics to track business experience in all distribution channels.
* Monitor competitive activity and market trends to proactive lead competitive response
ANHEUSERBUSH COMPANIES, Inc. St. Louis, MO
Hispanic/Multicultural Market Sr. Brand Marketing Manager
Developed and implemented relevant brand programs, and secured required budgets among Field leaders and Wholesalers nationwide, to support key portfolio of Market Leader Beer Brands: Budweiser, Bud Light, Budweiser Select and Busch Family. Work closely with the designated brand teams to guaranty growth, leadership of the brands in the Hispanic market.
* Develop and execute annual Bud Family brand/ product marketing objectives, strategies, and plans .
* Developed, implemented and managed nontraditional media initiatives that increased loyalty and trade activity nationwide. Examples: Live radio DJ programs, city murals, etc.
* Created competitive and new promotional programs by leveraging existing media buys. Programs generated increased in sales and guaranteed competitive retail space in key accounts nationwide.
* Created strategy for promotional packaging. Worked closely with all areas involved to guaranty success at retail.
* Worked closely with the Innovations team to develop new product strategies, including the positioning, formulation, packaging, advertising, merchandising, and pricing, ex Chelada beer and Tomato juice mixed, following extensive consumer research and product understanding. Chelada reached nationwide distribution after six months of testing on selected markets.
* Managed key sports and entertainment properties as, Mexican National Team, World Cup, Juanes, Carlos Vives and Montez de Durango. Leveraged properties by developing and implementing promotional activities in key accounts that generated sales increase of over % and media campaigns that increased brand loyalty.
* Managed first ever internet campaign for Bud Light in the Hispanic market. Campaign generated the most hits ever in the number one site in the Hispanic market.
* Managed advertising campaigns. Led the production of TV spots, over Radio spots, print and Internet
* Function as liaison to field marketers and key wholesaler personnel in local markets to drive execution of national marketing plans.
TXU ENERGY Dallas, TX
Sr. Group Marketing Manager Segments
Developed and exploited segment opportunities; Hispanic, Creditchallenged, and Low Income. Worked strategies across functions setting advertising, DTC, pricing/fees, payment tools, collections policies, operations support and IT reporting. Set up classic research capabilities, methodologies and processes in new competitive market. Supervised staff of and an $. million budget.
* Championed `Bad Debt&; reduction plan across organization, delivering +$M EBIT with policy, operations, pricing and DTC changes. After , programs continued to reduce debt another $M
* Led Hispanic segment&;s acquisition strategies using Direct Mail and Telemarketing. Outbound telemarketing exceeded goal by %.
* CoLeader in the development, establishment and management of the Assurance PrePaid Energy Business, targeting the highest risk segment of the market. Received the Dalton Pen Awards for excellence in "Illustration Logos" for the development of the Assurance Energy Brand.
* Developed, implemented and managed a Social strategy designed to profitably serve low income customers. Received the Telly Award . Finalist, NonBroadcast Video, PR, for the efforts on the Low Income segment, and the Media Fair "Best inhouse produced web application for conducting energy assistance programs", for the TXU Energy&;s Social Agency Web Portal.
WESTERN UNION INTERNATIONAL Montvale, NJ
Global Promotions Senior Manager
Responsible for strategic promotions, alliances and grass roots initiatives globally.
* Created the Global Promotions area. Defined short and longterm strategies for ethnic national promotions to be implemented in the United States and worldwide.
* Implemented national/ethnic promotions through a network of ,agents in the United States and overseas. Contributed to a record high increase in transactions and revenues by %.
* Developed extensive knowledge of the different ethnic groups living in the United States, especially Hispanics, Africans, South Asians, Eastern Europeans and Asians, through research and the implementation of cross functional marketing strategies.
CITIBANK Caracas, Venezuela
Marketing Assistant Vice President
Responsible for the all marketing activities related to nontraditional banking channels in the retail area and wholesale banking.
* Implemented Customer Focused Marketing Program to develop specific client productivity goals and assist product managers in developing customized products.
* Conducted client segment analysis and assessed opportunities from existing and potential markets.
* Conducted a quality service program to research customers&; satisfaction.
* Implemented new nontraditional channels of distribution such as phone, ATMs, and specialized sales
* Regional project coleader in the launching of Citibank ATMs and Debit Card systems.
* Implemented Citibank&;s phone service strategy CitiPhone and designed a marketing strategy to educate consumers on banking over the phone.
UNILEVER Caracas, Venezuela
Product Group Manager, Personal Products Pond&;s, Vaseline, Cutex, QTips.
Brand Product Manager, Detergents; Fabric Softener, Dishwasher, Household Cleaners.
Brand Manager, Fabric Softener Snuggle
MBA, Northeastern University, Boston, MA .
Special assignments as part of the curriculum:
* Consultant for Bay State Gas, Westborough MA. Prepared business requirements for fixed assets system.
* Six month CoOp assignment at UBS AG Private Banking Americas Division, IT Department, New York City. Designed the year plan for the region and prepared IT budgets for the region.
B.A Business , Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA .