[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Albion Ave Blackpool
David M S.
A high energy business and marketing professional; well organised, calm and focussed in response to fast, ever changing commercial environments. Delivers significant results through creative and strategic thinking and innovative business management.
* A highlyorganised administrator with proven office management skills and lots of initiative. Able to deal with people at all levels and capable of ensuring the office runs like clockwork.
* Experience of organising and supervising of the administrative activities in a busy office environment, all within budget and to tight timescales.
* Experience of using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases.
OCEANS, Blackpool, Lancashire
* Review and provide full business plans and marketing strategies
* Media, new media and print buying
* Web creation and optimisation
* Project Management
Pleasure Beach Resort, Blackpool, Lancashire
Theme Park and Visitor Attraction /Operator
Corporate Sales Executive
* Development of Conference and Events business through field sales activity.
* Undertook customer facing calls to managing directors, marketing directors, HR and other decision makers across the top companies in the North West of England
* Increased corporate business by % equating to an increase of Pound, in months
Rossall School Independent Day and Boarding School
Marketing and Business Development Manager UK & International
Created and implemented sales and marketing plans, created new sales literature, developed website and all other communication pieces. Diversified the business dynamic by using `non term&; facilities for hotel, conference, sports, adult education and events.
LEISURE PARCS LTD
Operators of Blackpool Tower, Winter Gardens, Theatres, Hotels, Piers and Amusements
Market Development Manager
Following success in building the consumer base I was promoted to apply my knowledge and expertise to develop new business from other market sectors; including travel trade, conference and events and with other `business to business&; partners. Achieved incremental business of Pound, in first year.
* Created new trade sales strategy and recruited field sales team to deliver objectives
* Launched new Conference and Events strategy
* Developed new trade sales initiative for owned hotels
Key manager in the strategic and commercial development of Leisure Parcs business objectives. Major contributor to the launch and establishment of the company in the first trading years achieving PoundM turnover, delivering % incremental profit. In the rd trading year profits increased by % year on year.
* Development and implementation of business strategies for the marketing of visitor attractions including Blackpool Tower, theatre shows, amusements and hotels achieving PoundM turnover P.A.
* Delivered Market Research, Product development, and Channel and Communications strategy
* Organised the `World Firework Championships&; held in Blackpool
* Produced and implemented all relevant marketing communications across business portfolio
Leisure company operating the Sea Life Centre chain of visitor attractions, Dungeons and other leisure businesses across Europe. Now trading as Merlin Entertainments Ltd.
Sales & Marketing Manager Trade
Implemented new travel trade sales initiative for visitor attractions throughout the UK achieving incremental business valued at Pound, in the first year. This was achieved through the groups, coach and travel trade markets.
Regional Marketing Manager
Having achieved a successful track record managing the sales and marketing of attractions, was promoted to take responsibility for achieving business performances for of the groups attractions located in the north of England, Scotland and Ireland. This included the launch of new businesses.
Area Marketing Manager
Promoted to manage the sales and marketing for visitor attractions located in the north of England cumulatively attracting over .M visitors, achieving a total turnover of PoundM. Exploiting the synergies of the attractions achieved consistent annual results exceeding financial budgets.
Marketing & Operations Manager
Responsible for the sales and marketing of the group&;s flagship visitor attraction Blackpool Sea Life Centre, achieving visitor numbers of over , per annum with an annual turnover of Pound.M. Key member of the senior duty management team responsible for all `onsite&; operations including animal welfare, staff, finance, security and health and safety.
GENERAL PORTFOLIO Financial Sales Consultant
WYRE BOROUGH COUNCIL Tourism Officer
PONTIN&;S Marketing Manager
BDH ADVERTISING Account/Production Executive
TELEFUSION plc Marketing Manager
NATIONAL SAVINGS Clerical Officer
Education and training
Certificate in Management Studies, Advanced Finance course, team building skills, communication and presentation skills. Experience using the European Business Excellence Model, `A&; levels and `O&; levels.
Personal Details Interests
Married with children Separated Photography, writing, music,
D.O.B. : nd November theatre, physical fitness
Full clean driving licence