[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Full Name. Amitabh S.
Current Address. Mitchell Road
UK MK TE
Countries Worked In
India, Italy, Singapore, United States, Sri Lanka, Seychelles, Myanmar, Russia.
FTMBA at Cranfield School of Management, UK.
A highly skilled, dynamic leader with over sixteen years of experience in operations, strategic perspective planning, project, technical management, and capital budget handling. Result oriented &;gogetter&;, with finely honed interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability in spearheading strategic restructuring programs in extremely challenging environments.
Created the strategy document, managed and implemented an Pound ,, networking project to provide an unbroken coastal sensor chain for three foreign countries, including successfully planning, budgeting and coordinating their industry effort.
Successfully planned, strategized and achieved networking for the entire Navy. Awarded the prestigious Chief of the Naval Staff commendation for outstanding professionalism, foresight and competence.
Created the `National Concept of Maritime Awareness&; paper, outlining a National response against coastal threats,a multimillion pound project, which was adopted by the Government in for enhancing security of the coastline.
Business Advisory , Change Management , Project/Programme Management , Strategy , Supply Chain Consulting , Combat Leadership
Business Strategy , General Management , Government , Project Management
Finance & Accounting
Supply Chain Management
Government , Military , Operations
Scored in GMAT
Awarded Gold Medal for Best Dissertation for Masters in Science Defence Studies, DSSC, Madras University, India
Joint Director, Net Centric Operations, Naval Headquarters New Delhi, to Apr
The Directorate of Net Centric Operations DNCO, with officers and sailors , including in the Naval Commands, was created by the Chief of Naval Staff specifically to make the Navy network centric. This Directorate handled projects worth GBP million.
* Created a new strategic model to grow Navy&;s networking operations. Analysed future challenges and created a vision document. Successfully obtained approval of the highest Naval decision makers and directed the change to achieve a fully networked Navy. Consequently, awarded CNS Commendation for outstanding professionalism, dedication and competence.
* Engaged by the Government as a leading consultant for a new coastal security networking system. Successfully implemented and directed a consulting team of twenty to analyse, design and present a multimillion pound project called the &;National Concept of Maritime Domain Awareness&;, aimed at enhancing coastal security. This was later adopted as the Indian Navy and the National Committee of Secretaries for implementation by Ministries and State Governments.
* Deputed to a foreign country to guide and assist the government authorities in relief efforts. Set up a Naval simulation network, negotiated budgets and managed the acquisition of all technical infrastructure for their Navy.
* Managed a massive network and enabled a multi agency Maritime Operation Centre, involving networks for exchange of information between Coast Guard and Naval centers in all major Indian cities, under a budgetary allocation of Pound m. Managed varying teams and budgets of over Pound, to transform information sharing methodologies between various agencies.
* Successfully managed a team of six officers to complete a coastal networking project for a foreign country. This project involved analysing strategic information, negotiating funding, managing budgets and executing the coastal sensor chain, laying networks and connecting Command Centres. Completed the project in the time assigned and was recommended by the authorities of that country for award of a commendation in recognition of outstanding work carried out.
* Headed the team of four officers for modeling the requirements, negotiating with the Ministry of Defence/Finance for funding and implementing the infrastructure for networked information sharing with US Navy and Singapore Navy. Recognised and commended for completing this complex, multi government projects on time and within budget.
Joint Director Staff Requirements, Naval Headquarters, , with officers and staff Instrumental in successfully completing important deals. Successfully evaluated, negotiated and completed a major missile acquisition and a frigate acquisition project, with a budget of Pound. million, both of which have provided the Navy with a significant leap in combat capability.
* Successfully resolved a stalled weapon acquisition project worth over two million pounds to equip new frigates with advanced, state of the art missile defence systems. Analysed the technical capability of the system and influenced decision making with all concerned government department functionaries and heads, including the Defence Minister and the National Security Advisor, to explain the entire case and the changes brought about. Obtained approval and concluded the case successfully.
* Instrumental in successfully pushing through important deals. As Joint Director, successfully concluded the a major missile acquisition and a frigate acquisition project. Also successfully handled a budget of INR crore for implementation of these two major projects, both of which have provided the Navy with a significant leap in capability.
* Also successfully completed an acquisition project, which had been stalled for four years. Was able to negotiate with all concerned government department heads and joint heads, influence and convince them of the merits of the project. Discussed the entire case and gave about presentations to all senior members of the Indian Government, including the Defence Minister and the National Security Advisor, to finally obtain approval for implementation
Commanding Officer Coastal Security Unit, Gunnery School, , with officers and staff
The Gunnery School is responsible for the training of weapon specialists in warfare and formulates policies and doctrines for Fleet exploitation. It is also responsible for coastal security of the Kochi coast.
* As Commanding Officer of the Coastal Security unit, with officers and staff, achieved compete sanitisation of the Kochi coast against seaborne threats, including against poaching. Not a single incident was reported in my tenure.
* Instructed the prestigious weapon and missile class, consisting of officers every six months, in missile tactics and warfare. This responsibility is given only to the best instructor at the school.
* Designed and directed the biggest demonstration for the civil populace of the Kerala state, including the Governor of the state. This included formulating the budget of Pound. million and negotiating approvals. Four Naval ships, aircraft and about a hundred Naval officers and men participated in the demonstration, which was attended by about invitees and was also open to the general public.
Staff Officer Weapons, Work Up Team West
Responsible to the Flag Officer Sea Training for the fighting efficiency of ships of the Flotilla.
* Completed the Weapon and Tactics Work Up of all ships, by reviewing and analysing the material efficiency of the weapons and the training to achieve combat and tactical efficiency of the men manning these weapons and achieved the highest level of efficiency of the flotilla. Consequently commended by the Captain workup for professional competence.