Resume for Khari W. for Engineer / Aerospace & Defense in La Mesa, California
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Khari J. W.
Lake Park Way Unit , La Mesa, CA
Mr. W. is a technical professional with more than years of experience in combat systems/tactical data link systems, years
of experience in providing test and evaluation, systems engineering, and project management services to the private sector as well
as the military. Mr. W. has a strong background in systems analysis and design, network communications, Independent
Verification and Validation IV&V and computer systems management. His expertise further encompasses the areas of large scale
program management, risk assessment, documentation, and proposal development.
* Active Secret
Combat Systems/Tactical Data Links Lead Systems Engineer
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, San Diego, CA
October – Present
Responsible for the interoperability, test and evaluation and training of combat systems and tactical data links.
Responsible for the disciplined application of systems engineering, hardware and software integration, risk
management, quality assurance and program management principles in support of Foreign Military Sales
contract. This is accomplished by bringing together all of the functions that have a stake in product or process
performance to make integrated decisions that affect that product or process. Work efforts focus on the
* Training Lead
* Curriculum and course development of combat system and tactical data link systems with multiple
foreign national agencies to provide understanding and practices and in the areas of Joint
Interoperability, Link employment, Multilink Operations, Network Management, Message
Standards, Command and Control and Terminals as well as other Tactical Data Link protocols and
other Data Exchange Mediums.
* Develop course syllabus, instructor and trainee guides, master course schedules, scenarios and job
sheets for execution in classroom and hands on instruction.
* Subject matter expert for FMS and CONUS command and control, combat systems, and fighter data
* Integration and Test Lead
* Lead Engineer for Tactical Data Link TDL, combat and weapon systems integration, interoperability,
test and evaluation. Subject Matter Expert for the integration of the Global Command and Control system
GCCS and Command and Control Personal Computer CPC with foreign national legacy equipment
to provide a nearreal time capability in the areas of Situation Awareness, Common Operating Picture
COP, and Command and Control C.
* Expertise concentrates on communications systems and system level integration, troubleshooting, fault
isolation, and repair.
* Extensive experience with preventive and corrective maintenance of Tactical
Data Link communications equipment and such as the shipboard Joint Tactical
Information Data System JTIDS Link, MIDS On Ship/ Multifunctional
Information Distribution System MOS/MIDS Link, Tactical Data Information
Links and ancillary equipment.
* Defined an outlined approach in order to fulfill Integration Plan requirements.
* Providing forecast dates for accomplishing activities and milestones in the Integrated Master Schedule
* Supports system installation and test at foreign military locations as the Subject Matter Expert SME
* Software Installation and Checkout
* Performs software installation of command and control, combat system and tactical communication
* Provides system maintenance, integration and checkout of software and
hardware at foreign national operating centers and field service locations.
* Ensures newly installed software is interoperable with legacy systems.
* System of Systems SoS Architecture
* Developed design requirements for the SoS System/Subsystem Specifications SSS.
* Participates in design reviews with the US Government and the foreign national customer.
* System Level Design
* Develop System/Subsystem Specifications SSS to define system design requirements.
* Develop Interface Requirements Specifications IRS to outline system
* Develop System/Subsystem Design Description SSDD to describe system
* Requirements Management
* Performs Requirements Analysis RA and Requirements Integration RI for System of Systems SoS
Platform Integration and Testing.
* Ensures traceability of requirements between multiple IPTs and Interoperability.
* Assists lead engineers in Link systems requirements decomposition for interoperability at the bit level.
* Test and Evaluation
* Test and Evaluation Lead responsible for the oversight and verification of interoperability and test
* Develops test plans/ test procedures that ensures interoperability is established between all platforms.
* Test Coordinator/Director for System of Systems Integration and Test events SOSIT and other US
government formal test events.
* Providing system architecture and data link training for foreign national customer.
* Supports platform specific training requirements development
* Earned Value
* Supports prime contractor “Earned Value Management” policies and procedures
* Cost Account Manager CAM trained
Senior Systems Analyst/ Data Link Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, San Diego, CA
February – September
Mr. W. acted as task leader for platform requirements integration using the Interoperable System Management and
Requirements Transformation ISMART process and for the MLST testing using developmental TADIL software. Mr.
W. performed independent evaluations of multiple program builds, and supported precertification/certification
testing to ensure successful software delivery. Work efforts focus on the following areas.
• Systems Analyst
* Lead engineer for Link integration effort for foreign national customer
* Performed hardware and software configuration of Link NILE Reference
System NRS and subsystems.
* Utilizing ISMART, conducted platform mission system design and development
for the Joint Strike Fighter JSF and Multi Mission Aircraft MMA.
* Performs requirements analysis for data link software implementation.
* Provided analytical and operational support for Lockheed Martin, US Air Force, US Navy, and other foreign
• Data Link Engineer
* Working knowledge of live and simulated TDL environments
* Conducted testing, modeling and simulation, and data analysis of Data Exchange
Mediums Satellite Link STJ, JTIDS Range Extension JRE Link TDL J,
Link TDL A, Link FSeries Messages, and Link /A.
* Provided training on Data Link Simulation programs and formats.
* Utilized Clear Quest Rational to generate, confirm, and track internal and external
Software Trouble Reports STR.
Lead Test Director/ Test Analyst
Navy Center Tactical Systems Interoperability, San Diego, CA
July – January
Mr. W. planned and directed Interoperability Certification Testing of Tactical Data Link and CI systems for U.S.
Navy and Joint military services. Work efforts focus on the following areas:
• Lead Test Director
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!