[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
KAMAL UDDIN M.
Montreal, QC, HX B
Motivated and innovative individual with FEA based product development experience in aerospace industry, acquired research and academic project management experience, looking to work on challenging projects. Applied stress analysis and design optimization using NASTRAN and ANSYS for aerospace projects. Analytical stress calculation. Experienced CATIA v and Pro/E user. At NRCIAR National Research Council, worked on projects funded by Pratt & Whitney Canada, RollsRoyce Canada, DND and DRDC. Performed design and FEA in NRCan National Resources Canada project. At Biman airlines, performed overhaul and testing of GE CF DC and PW Airbus A aircraft engines. Good knowledge of certification standards in MRO and R&D. Technical conference presentation experience. Critical thinker, team player, strong work ethics, multitasking.
B.Eng. Aerospace Engineering Aerospace Structures, Systems and Vehicle Design, Coop option
Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Carleton University Entrance Scholarship valued at $,
Eligible for registration as Professional Engineer
IDB scholarship $, approximately
Practical Stress Analysis for Design Engineers, professional certification program by JeanClaude Flabel
Expected completion date: June,
Familiar with `Analysis and Design of Flight Vehicle Structures&; by E.F. Bruhn
Fatigue and Fracture Analysis
Finite Element Methods
Computer Aided Design and Manu.
Materials Strength and Fracture
Aerospace Design and Practice
Feedback Control Systems
Dynamics of Machinery
Aerospace Systems Design
Computer Integrated Manu. Systems
Systems and Simulation
* M., K., Laliberte, J., BenyaminSeeyar. A., , `An Unmanned Aerial and Ground Vehicle System for Protection of Canadian Military from Improvised Explosive Devices IEDs&;, Proceedings of the Unmanned Systems conference, Halifax, Canada
* National student paper finalist. Current: UAV design using CATIA, FEA using Patran/Nastran for certification
. G. Laplante, K. M., T. Teng and C. Li, , `Test Procedure for Static Testing of Bonded Joints Under Mixed Mode Loading&;, laboratory report LMSMPLLMSMPL, SMPL, NRCIAR, Canada
. In peer review T. Crochon, K. M., M. Barnes, M. Levesque, C. Li, `Thermal decomposition mechanisms of high temperature polyimide&;, journal paper,
. In peer review K. M., M. Barnes, C. Li, T. Crochon, `Coupled thermogravimetric, mass spectrometry and infrared spectroscopy of a high temperature polymer for application in aerospace structures&;, laboratory report, SMPL, NRCIAR, Canada
Part design, assembly design, kinematics, knowledgeware tools, stress Analysis
Static, fatigue, laminate modeler, vibration, impact, optimization
NAS MSC software course Analysis of composites using Patran/Nastran
Attended MSC Composites Technology Day in Montreal st March,
Part design, assembly, sheet metal design Pro/M: static, thermal, fatigue, optimization
Static structural, thermal, modal, explicit dynamics impact, buckling Integrated analysis, CAD model repair, basic APDL
Others: Matlab, MS office, GE SAGE Engine Trend Monitoring
Professional Development Workshops
Working and communicating as a team May
Motivating yourself and others June
Dealing with difficult attitudes and behaviour in workplace June
Analytical thinking and problem solving June ,
Research Assistant Visitor, National Research Council, Ottawa From May to April,
INSTITUTE FOR AEROSPACE RESEARCH IAR STRUCTURES AND MATERIAL PERFORMANCE LABORATORY SMPL.
Thermogravimetric analysis of high temperature polymer for application in aerospace. PWC and RR funded project. Fourier transform infrared integral and mass spectrometry. Project planning and data analysis. Laboratory report. Journal paper.
Static and fatigue testing of composite specimen using MTS frames as per ASTM standards. Department of National Defence DND funded project. Material to be used in helicopter blades. MS Excel macro coding for data analysis. Laboratory report.
HOLSIP of metal/composite specimens study. NRC internally funded. Hand calculation of stress. FEA using NASTRAN. Targeted application for F/A structural health monitoring SHM program. Autoclave, Wet Layup of samples. Project proposal.
Strain measurements of structures using strain gauges and LUNA optical fibre. SHM project funded by DRDC. Data processing.
Researcher, Carleton University, Ottawa From March to Present
Research project with collaboration with Professors from Carleton University, Concordia University and researchers from NRCIAR. Development of innovative design of integrated UAV/UGV system. Hand calculation of stress. Stress analysis using NASTRAN for static and dynamic loads. Impact analysis using Dytran. Design optimization using Nastran and SimXpert. CAD modeling using CATIA v. Technical support from NRCIAR. Partial funding from Carleton University.
Stress Analyst, National Resources Canada NRCan, Ottawa From September to April
Research project at Carleton University funded by NRCan. Advanced CAD modeling using Pro/E. Design optimization: Static structural, thermal stress and modal analysis using ANSYS to meet design objectives set by scientists at NRCan. Trihub burst analysis of turbine rotor using ANSYS Explicit Dynamics workbench. Hand calculation of stress. Group lead of four stress analysts.
Student Engineer, Biman Engineering Hangar Complex, Dhaka, Bangladesh From May to September
Modular assembly buildup and disassembly of GE CF C DC and PW Airbus A engines. Full throttle ground testing of aircraft engines. Engine Trend Monitoring using GE SAGE ETM software. Fan blade replacement of Aircraft engines. Trained on powerplant system of CFMB Boeing . APU installation and testing. Planning maintenance checks as per aircraft maintenance manual AMM from OEM, service bulletin SB and airworthiness directive AD from FAA, EASA. Familiarization with Structural Repair Manual SRM. Familiar with maintenance work on aircraft landing gear.
Detected hydraulic oil leak in APU section during preflight inspection of DC, previously unnoticed by on duty inspection personnel. Aircraft was repaired prior to flight. Presented my internship experience in fourth year course at Mechanical and Aerospace department at Carleton University.
Other Professional Experience
Private tutor, Carleton University and Ottawa University From September to Present
Tutoring upper year courses in aerospace and mechanical engineering disciplines. Taught: mechanics of solids I & II, lightweight structures, composite materials, fluid mechanics I & II, aerospace materials, vibration analysis, aerospace design and practice, systems and simulation, computerintegrated manufacturing systems.
Shift Supervisor, KFC, Ottawa From June to August
Managed a team of associates at a time. Managed the restaurant efficiently at peak hours. Was offered full time Assistant Manager position.
Academic Voluntary Experience
* On Professor&;s request given in class presentation on "MCD and Hydraulic Oil Leak": Sharing my personal experience on maintenance of GE CF C, PW and CFMB engines from my internship at Biman Airlines. Also discussed hydraulic oil leak detection in APU compartment of DC aircraft, during preflight inspection. AERO course Aerospace Systems and Design, Fall
* Mindthrust Leadership Program, Sprott School of Business, Carleton University. Leadership training by CEOs in Ottawa.
* Blackbird UAV: Student project at Carleton University. FEA using ANSYS and CAD design optimization of UAV. Participant of Unmanned Systems Canada UAV Competition, May . Obtained rd place for UAV demonstration.
* UAV th year project volunteer at Carleton University: General machining of pitot tubes for low speed wind tunnel test of the airfoil of the UAV, Winter
* Fundraiser activities for natural disaster in Bangladesh at Carleton University. Achieved target of $,, Winter
* On stage performance in front of an audience of +. Cultural event at Carleton University, Winter
Canadian Undergraduate Technology Conference CUTC, Toronto, April
* Carleton University ambassador: leading delegates from Carleton University
FBW conference at CANEUS International, Montreal, June
* Arranged tour for delegates at Pratt and Whitney Longueuil facility. Appreciated for arranging transportation in limited budget during the tour
CASI AERO Conference, Montreal, April
* Incharge of front desk. Showing the presenters and attendees to the appropriate rooms.
Unmanned Systems Conference, Montreal, November
* Front desk: Collection and video editing of the presentations
* Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute CASI
* Unmanned Systems Canada
Scuba diving, soccer, salsa dancing, cycling, rockclimbing, swimming, skiing, drama, movies, music, aerial photography, aviation
Available upon request.