GROUP CAPTAIN A K S.
• Result oriented professional with over years experience across aviation operations and maintenance,
procurement, contracts, warranty negotiations, liaison, setting up of maintenance facility and training of
• Setting up of infrastructure for Depot/Operator level maintenance of UAVs; and indigenisation of spares and
• Supply Chain Management inclusive of vendor management.
• Leadership, team building and good communication cum organising skills.
• Multiskilling and multitasking towards effective and economical operations.
• Contract & warranty formulation, its maintenance as well as implementation.
• Operational flying experience of hours as a Flight Engineer on a medium lift fixed wing aircraft.
Strategic Decision Making; ÊBusiness Development; Vendor Management; Resource Management; Procurement;
Liaison and Coordination; ÊEvents Management; Team Building; End user satisfaction; Interpersonal skills.
• Playing a key role in ensuring the continuous air worthiness of the multiple types aircraft fleet ensuring
operators satisfaction through timely delivery of aircraft and mission role equipment.
• Integral role in managing and supervising maintenance, repair, snag rectification, preflight, turn round and
postflight checks of aircraft.
• Work oriented skills and competencies attained:
o Requisitioning of spares; vendor management, tendering and contracting.
o Compliance of service bulletins, technical instructions, modifications, preservation and distribution of
o Overhauling, maintenance, repair, modification, failure trend analysis and non destructive testing,
performance testing, micrometry, quality control of aircraft power plants and its accessories.
o Procuring materials through indigenous source and vendor development.
o Conducting Training for maintenance staff for aircraft overhauling and maintenance.
o Maintenance and indigenisation associated with UAVs unmanned aerial vehicles; Herons and
Searchers; pay load integration.
Aircraft Experience: Flying and Maintenance
• Mi, Mi and Mi V Maintenance
• AN Flying, logged hours, Cat ‘A’ rating
• UAV Heron & Searcher maintenance and indigenisation.
• Embraer Supply Chain Management
• Business Boeing Jet Supply Chain and maintenance solutions
Since Jan’ at Indian Air Force.
Aug’ Sep’ ÊÊ Senior Engineer Aircraft
• Identification and rectification of bottlenecks in maintenance of newly inducted systems.
• Fleet maintenance of Boeing Business Jets BBJs, Avros, Dorniers and Mis VIP version
• Formulation of draft for Mission Ready Management Solutions for OEM foreign.
• Liaison with field service representatives of Embraer and Boeing for smooth maintenance.
• Identification of local vendors and capability development.
Aug’Aug’ Research Fellow
• Worked on a research project involving precision weapon systems at the Centre for Air Power Studies, Delhi.
• Research on use of UAVs and precision weapons in Gulf War.
• Management of international and national seminars.
Jun’Aug’ Chief Engineering Officer
• Led a team of personnel having technical background in diverse fields, e.g. Helicopter maintenance,
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles UAV Maintenance, Armament management & storage, Communication
conventional land lines, SATCOM and Tropo, Maintenance of Airfield Aids, Management of mechanical