Navistar Defense: Lisle IL. July Present
Contract Negotiator/Defense Parts, Engine and Fleet Support Team Lead
Manage successful team of subject matter expert Contract professionals who interpret
acquisition regulations and contractual requirements for all CONUS and OCONUS Navistar
Defense Parts, Engine and Fleet Support prime contracts, subcontracts and indirect contracts
which span multiple customers and program leads. Tasks include: solicitation review, risk
identification/mitigation, proposal drafting, proposal review, contract negotiation, contract
execution, modifications and contract closeout on Long Term, IDIQ, IDPO, FFP and FFP
EPA contracts. $M business
• Develop and lead employees to achieve long term career success through empowerment and
• Develop negotiation strategies, and ensure contract documents reflect agreements.
• Lead negotiations with United States Government, responsible for maintaining business goals
and profit margins while simultaneously exceeding customer satisfaction.
• Act as formal interface between Navistar Defense and customers. Interface with senior
• Develop strong and ethical customer relationships with USG Contracting Officers and
Specialists from MARCORSYSCOM, SOCOM, DLA and TACOM to achieve healthy,
• Establish, organize and lead crossfunctional, solutionsbased meetings where vested
business units meet to review and create proper responses to USG Requests for Proposals.
• Present formal Contract Management training to third party logistics locations and Defense
Dealerships on Federal Acquisition Regulations and internal compliance processes.
• Collaborate with Business Development, Program Management Teams and USG Customer
to develop and shape customer requirements.
• Received Bronze Award from DLA for elite contractor performance, % ontime