[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
MICHAEL S. T.
Proven team leader and strategist with highly developed analytical, organizational, and conceptual planning skills.
years of experience in:
* Systems Engineering
* Program Management
* Acquisition Management
* Verification, Validation, and Accreditation VV&A
* Engineering and Manufacturing Modeling and Simulation M&S
* Decision Management and Analysis
* System Analysis and Operational Modeling
* Strategic Planning
* Customer Communication
* Accreditation Review Panel Chairman leading the VV&A of DDG Ship Segment M&S to prove credibility at Naval Sea Systems Command NAVSEA ship milestone reviews.
* Systems Engineer conducting requirements management, analysis, and verification of DDG design and M&S requirements.
* Facilitator providing leadership of strategic and tactical business decisions with business and technical product teams to ensure the achievement of program objectives.
* Technology Integration Lead providing strategic and tactical solutions in cost reduction, profitability, quality, and productivity.
* Principal Engineer building organizational acceptance for shipbuilding knowledge management and decision processes for continuous improvement of ship design and construction capability.
NORTHROP GRUMMAN SHIPBUILDING
Principal Engineer V
* Provide executive leadership with a knowledge management strategy plan to increase organizational ability to consistently resolve engineering and manufacturing problems.
* Lead business sector manufacturing simulation integration to improve capacity utilization, production throughput, and workload balancing.
Systems Engineer III
* Ship Segment Accreditation Review Panel ARP Chair leading the VV&A of DDG engineering M&S to ensure performance to requirements.
* Lead VV&A activities of M&S CPT and multiple contractors including development of artifacts, requirements management and analysis, and delivery of CDRL submissions.
* Implement the program strategies of simulation based acquisition, design feasibility verification, and risk mitigation.
* Facilitate the Navy certification of DDG destroyer topside safety to prevent ship damage and crew injuries.
* Analyze product development business methods and recommend process improvements for all , engineers, designers, and other personnel in General Motors Engineering.
* Analyze General Motors software technology product portfolio and cancel redundant contracts resulting in annual cost savings of $.M.
GENERAL MOTORS / ELECTRONIC DATA SYSTEMS
* Conduct strategic planning projects at the Corporate Decision Support Center using the Decision Dialogue Process to improve executive decision quality on vehicle program capital investments.
* Integrate Saturn procurement processes into the Global Purchasing System to leverage corporate purchasing power and procurement of common parts.
* Project Manager for the development of TOXSCREEN which predicts the level of paint volatile solvent emissions and eliminates $.M in annual environmental consulting expenses.
* Manage implementation of metal forming analysis and simulation software products to remove $$M in vehicle development cost.
* Lead the technology transfer of proprietary Design for Manufacturing DFM software products to the operating groups to reduce vehicle cost while increasing product quality and manufacturability.
GENERAL DYNAMICS ELECTRIC BOAT
* Manage Internal Research and Development IRAD Projects for submarine fire research to minimize fire risk and optimize evacuation plans.
* Analyze compartment pressurization during a snorkeling air refresh operation using Trident Submarine modeling and simulation software resulting in sailor injury risk reduction.
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo,
B.S. in Chemical Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo,