[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
MAI A. A.
Stoney Brook Square, Leesburg VA ?
Seeking a flexible full or part time position to gain experience in the Interior Design
field. Highly adept at
working with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Fluent in English and Arabic.
B.A., Interior Design, Expected December
Marymount University, Arlington, VA
Credits Completed toward B.A. degree, January – December
Northern Virginia Community College, Sterling, Virginia
Intern, Washingtonian Interiors Mclean, VA, August – January
• Assisted designers with research for clients
• Assisted clients with fabric/color selections
• Worked with vendors to order samples and CFA’s
• Processed new fabric books/wall coverings
• Organized materials library and keeping inventory
Intern, World Bank Group WBG Washington, D.C, August – Present, May
October , ; February – June
• Prepared AutoCAD drawings for the Spring and/or Annual Meetings of the
IMF and The WBG.
• Prepared the graphic documents for the installation of Spring Meetings
• Organized space data.
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND SALES EXPERIENCE
Marymount University Admissions Arlington, Virginia
Student Ambassador, August – August
• Collaborated with other student ambassadors, Admissions and Student Development
Offices to plan for campus tours, campus visit days and other special programs for
prospective students and their family members.
• Answered questions about campus life, academic courses, clubs and student
organizations and fun things to do in the Washington, DC/Metro area.
• Participated in extensive training to learn key facts and stats about Marymount and the
student body as well as leadership training.
Admissions Student Assistant, January – August
• Provided help with data entry, bulk mail preparations, filing, and answering multi phone
• Assisted Admissions staff with general office work.
• Communicated extensively with Admissions Counselors via email and telephone during
their travel season.
Bookseller, Barnes and Nobles College Bookstores Sterling, Virginia, January –
• Helped stock books and create attractive displays
• Provided excellent customer service through quick and correct transactions by cash, credit and
• Tendered the cash register with high accuracy and helped with routine inventories.
MAI A. A.
CAMPUS LEADERSHIP ROLES & ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
Clubs and Organizations
• Commuter Advisory Board, Marymount University, Arlington, Virginia, January–May
• International Club, Marymount University, January Present
• Student Advisory Council, Northern Virginia Community College, Loudoun, September
• Children’s International Summer Villages C.I.S.V, Egypt, –present
Junior Staff, Washington, DC
Delegate, Washington, DC, Copenhagen, Denmark
Member, Publicity and Publications Committee, Cairo, Egypt
Member, Fundraising Committee, Cairo, Egypt
Leadership Development Training
• Student Leadership Conference and Training, Marymount University, January , August
• Student Leadership Conference, Virginia Beach, representing Northern Virginia Community
College, Loudoun Campus, November
• Entrepreneur Society Convention, American University in Cairo, Egypt, February–April
Phi Theta Kappa, National Honours’ Society, March – Present
Dean’s List, Spring , Fall
Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Office Word/ PowerPoint/ Excel AutoCAD and MapGuide
Graphic Design Software, Google Sketchup and QuickBooks
Language Skills: Perfect command of both spoken and written English and Arabic
Excellent Public Speaking and Communication Skills
REFERENCES FURNISHED UPON REQUEST