[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
CV: Paulina K.
A Rue du Château
Confident professional seeking career progression within the banking industry. Candidate has strong experience in fund management/marketing and fraud analytics, with an excellent bent towards customer service. Educated to master&;s level in business administration. Particular strengths include: a proven ability to carry out responsibilities in high pressure working environments; ability to adapt quickly to new situations and tasks; strong organisational skills; ability to write reports in many languages; an excellent background in data analysis, economics, logistics and marketing; business process improvement. Fluent in three European Languages English, French, Polish and a good knowledge of German.
HeriotWatt University, Edinburgh September May
* MA in International Management with Languages. Upper Second Class Honours confirmed: awaiting graduation ceremony.
* Financial Services Marketing, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Project Management, French Advanced for Business, German Advanced for Business.
* Dissertation: "Positioning cuisine within the UK food market: a study into consumer habits, perceptions and recommendations to gain quick mainstream acceptance of novel offerings." Considers the factors governing mainstream acceptance of food products in the UK, breaking foodstuffs into base components and proposing a novel method of calculating similarity to popular foods given a spread of components. This is used to advise on improving customer service provision within the sector.
ICN Business School de Nancy, Grande Ecole de Commerce et de Management, Lorraine, France
Outgoing exchange student of business in France for one year, with strong scholarship support.
Modules all taken in French:
* International Marketing, International Negotiation, Financial Data Analysis, Data Mining, Operational Management, Finance, Operational Marketing, Marketing and ecommerce, Logistics, Economics, Industrial Analysis and Strategy and Organisational Structure.
* Dissertation: "A report into the Marketing of Cosmetics for Ethnic Minorities in the UK and France: Consumer perceptions and suggestions for best practice."
Heidelberg University, Germany JulyAugust
* Scholarship student of German language and the political and economic aspects of contemporary Germany. "Gut" grade awarded. Participated in the full range of organised cultural and social activities.
The First High School in Cracow
Bilingual education in English and Polish.
Matura Diploma ALevel equivalent. Curriculum: Geography, History, Art, Literature, English and
The First Music School, Bochnia
* Conservatory school of music. Studied violin and piano, folk music and performing arts, composition and orchestral arrangement. This gave a strong sense of selfdiscipline and application to excellence.
June present: Fund Administration Assistant Financial Professionals Department IAM, Corporate, SIF, SICAR at ABN AMRO Luxembourg. The Financial Professionals team works to support client and fund investment decisions by offering fast and efficient transaction completion over a wide range of service options, from deposits and FX to stock and more advanced options. My duties include process improvement monitoring; daily contact/reporting with clients and intermediaries; the accurate filing of transaction records; executing bulk and adhoc transactions with followup of their execution; settlement of securities trades through brokers and general support of team functions as orders come through in unpredictable quantities and with strongly varying daily requirements. Act as Office Manager on a weekly basis in charge of efficient running. Have acquired excellent relationship management skills and have conducted highly worthwhile market research to gain new clients.
May Sep : Financial Fraud Analyst at the Royal Bank of Scotland. Headquarters, Edinburgh. Primarily involved in plausibility analysis for claimed fraudulent transactions across the spectrum of financial products offered by RBS and the enactment of swift refunds where appropriate. This involved detailed study of cases under pressure and extensive logging of novel fraud methods to improve future detection and resolution. Specialist software was involved and gained fluency in Back Office, Data Navigator and GACM.
April July : Sales Advisor for NEXT Princes Street, Edinburgh. Performed numerous duties in a flagship store of a major UK retailer, with a view to maximising sales and meeting customer needs. General duties included dealing with customer enquiries, stock control/inventory replenishment, sales and counting up cash.
Erasmus Scholarship to ICN. Covered my full tuition fees for a year of study at ICN and provided strong subsidy to my accommodation for the year.
Stevenson Exchange Scholarship awarded for academic year . Open to undergraduates of any Faculty and graduates of not more than twentyfive years of age of any Scottish University, and are tenable, normally for one year, at any French, German or Spanish University.
DAAD German Academic Exchange Service Language and Culture Exchange Scholarship awarded to study political and economic aspects of contemporary Germany at the Heidelberg University in summer . The initial selection process for this award was administered by the German Department of my home university, who then submitted my application to the DAAD London Office where the grant was awarded.
Other Relevant Skills
Market analysis: well informed regarding funds: product classes, fund scopes, Bloomberg, Reuters, Morningstar data sources.
Languages: fluent in spoken and written English, French and Polish with a good knowledge of German.
IT Skills: fully conversant with the Microsoft Office suite of programmes, both for word processing and numerical analysis, as well as general internet and email usage.
Music: I continue to play the violin to a high level.
Sport: I enjoy playing basketball and participate in swimming and athletics activities.