[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Horsham Ave, Toronto, ON MNZ
A well qualified resultsoriented, highenergy professional with a successful record of accomplishments in the financial
industry, seeking assignments in Process Management, Operations and Client Relationship Management.
Major strengths include exemplary leadership, interpersonal and management skills, excellent analytical
and communication skills, strong team player, attention to detail, dutiful respect for compliance in all regulated
environments, as well as ability to concurrently direct multiple complex projects and bring them to successful
BANK OF AMERICA July ‘ to Jan’
Loss Mitigation Officer
Primarily responsible for collections, customer servicing and other loss mitigation or recovery activities for delinquent, charged
off, or highrisk customers Also, to work with customer to establish full balance repayment plans or settlements. The role
involved understanding and educating customers on account terms and alternate payment programs and methods.
• Received many accolades both from customers and members of the leadership for excellent performance
• Recommended to be promoted to CAST position, which is an individual who possesses knowledge
and advanced skills to assist an entire department.
BARCLAYS BANK PLC June ‘ to Jan’
Since the bank was just starting up in the country, this role involved multiple activities including hiring, systems testing,
process development and implementation, vendor identification besides Conceptualizing, Developing, implementing and
managing Retail Liability Operations.
Manager, Retail Liability Operations
• Responsible for managing operational process of Account opening, Account servicing, NRI Banking, Term Deposits,
Overdrafts, Transaction processing , Salary Processing, Channel Operations from account fulfillment to
reconciliations and dispatch
• Construct efficient process controls that steer the process and comply to AML, CIPP, KYC and other
• Designed, tested and successfully launched Mobile Banking, ATMs, Internet, Doorstep and SMS
• Performance Improvement Leader for Liabilities, Branch Banking and NRI operations, Barclays
• Develop and implement operational processes , financial policies, regulatory reporting , systems and
• Work with legal and compliance to institute effective policies, procedures, processes and controls
• Setting up targets, managing Service Level Agreements, setting and maintaining CTQ Critical to
Quality / CTP Critical to Process targets and involved in planning for the process
• Recruit, develop, train and manage reports and cross train to ensure backups are functionally well
• Started from scratch and scaled up to a capacity of accounts a month within months
• Set up system parameters and operational procedures for Account opening, Account servicing and
• Implemented a LEAN process review to reduce account opening turnaround from days to
• Developed and managed a robust Business Continuity Plan
• Underwent and cleared an indepth, week internal audit within months of launch
• Successfully implemented “Active Capacity Management”
• Completed Performance excellence projects and saved the bank USD ,
• Ensured successful clearance of BIA, Concurrent audit, Data Privacy, Compliance, RCR &
• Awarded the PrestigiousÊ“BEYOND LIMITS”ÊAward in recognition of my superlative contribution for the year
by CEO, Emerging Markets and by MD, Barclays India
• Awarded “STAR OF THE MONTH”ÊAward for consistently overachieving the targets by COO, Barclays India.
CITIGROUP GLOBAL SERVICES LTD April’ to Oct’
Deputy Manager, Fixed Income Securities FIS April’ to Oct’
Executive, FIS Feb’ to March’
Providing specialized investment services to high net worth NRI clients across the globe.
• Product Knowledge: Possess indepth knowledge in complex models and operating structures of structured
products and International securities. Good understanding of closely aligned operations with Investment Banks,
Structured product teams, Treasury, Clearing houses for execution of deals.
• Key Responsibilities
• Overseeing operational Processes of Investments in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Managing Corporate Actions processing like dividend, coupons and call backs
• People management and System skills to manage rapidly changing processes,
adapt systems and train team members to ensure compliance with policies.
• Continuous streamlining of existing procedures. Work with Technology
management team to identify area for enhancements and suggest effective
solutions to occurring problems in terms of related process & systems.
• Timely US TAX reporting on investment accounts as per US regulations.
• Manage Record Retention
• Compliance and Policy Adherence– Reviewing Service Level Agreements,
Information Security etc.
• Manage Continuity of Business Plan COB
• Successfully taken the team through Quarterly Selfassessments, ARR, ISO Audit, SOX Audit.
• Saw through stringent ARR audit Twice with NIL comments/observation in the areas directly managed
• Developed very good rapport with the Relationship Managers, Security Dealers,
Custodian, Citibank NRI centres’, Credit service team and treasury unit
• Designed, coded & implemented inhouse applications to facilitate the daytoday
activities such as: Tested Telex generation, Coupon Calculation, Loan Servicing,
• Developed new modules with the help of the Technology whereby reducing the
turnaround time and increasing the productivity and accuracy on New Loan
Booking and Transaction Processing, Loan Originating System, MTM
Enhancements and Composite Overdraft System
IMD Redemptions NRI Business June’Jan’
Project for redemption of India Millennium Deposits Year Bonds issued by State Bank Of India in December . Issue
Size: Approx $ Billion % of volumes being from Citibank. The project, the biggest project for NRI business in ,
involved handling humongous volumes, projected to involve more than , customer applications, to be redeemed by th
• Key Responsibilities
o Project Management, Planning & time management to work towards set targets.
o Centralized processing, Quality assessment and Managing Information System
o Coordinate with SBI, Location and backend supports for processing of requests &
o Deal with Treasury and Financial Control for reconciliation of related accounts.
• Achievements in the Project
o Seen as the instantly recognizable face of the entire IMD Redemption project across Citibank.
o Recipient of the prestigious “Citibank Service Quality Award” conferred by the CFO, Citibank
Executive, NRI Credit Operations April’ May’
Examining Credit Proposals with respect to the Product Program, Identifying customer’s suitability to the loan.
• Product Knowledge: Possess in depth knowledge in various products including: Loans, Leverages, Simple
/Composite Overdraft, Currency Trading, NonDeliverable Forwards, Leverage Premium Deposits, Forwards.
• Tracking and Reporting : Customer exposure towards notes, structures and issuers , Cross Border, AB/ Reg W
lines Citigroup Entities and Note / Issue wise exposure, Risk Level exposure with counter party
• Collateral Monitoring : Monitoring of Collateral for the mark to market process , Handling Swaps/ Portfolio re