Born on the th of July
P.O.Box: Beirut, Lebanon.
• Special Investigation Commission Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing – Central
Bank of Lebanon.
Compliance Unit April April & February till date
Examining banks and other reporting entities to ensure compliance with AML/CTF
Preparing reports that reflect compliance of reporting entities with AML/CTF regulations.
Suggesting procedural measures aimed at enhancing supervision for fighting ML/TF.
Conducting trainings for banks and other reporting entities.
Financial Investigation Administrative Unit August February
Studying foreign regulations and recommending amendments to be made to those
enforced in Lebanon.
Recommending internal auditing procedures to all sectors in order to prevent ML/TF
Carrying out requested studies.
Conducting trainings for competent authorities.
Audit & Investigation Unit April August
Gathering evidence on operations that may constitute ML/TF offences.
Submitting reports on audited accounts and ML/TF investigations.
• Lieutenant in the Lebanese Army, the Human Resources Investigation Department,
• Lebanon’s Representative in the FATF Africa/Middle East Regional Review Group
ICRG, since .
• Member of the MENAFATF Training & Typologies Working Group TATWG, since
• Member of the Middle East Task Force of the Association of Certified Antimoney
Laundering Specialists since .
• MENAFATF Representative in the FATF Global Threat Assessment GTA project
In charge of drafting the “Environmental / Jurisdictional Features” Chapter.
• Legal Assessor in a joint FATF/MENAFATF Mutual Evaluation, Oman .
• MENAFATF Representative in the FATF Working Group on Typologies WGTYP
Meeting, Paris .
• MENAFATF Representative in the FATF/CFATF Typologies Meeting, Cayman
• Guest speaker at the Conference on AML/CFT Compliance Requirements, Damascus