[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Overhill Road North Scituate, RI
A proven Strategic Sourcing, Procurement & Project Manager for multiple Fortune organizations and an individual with success in capturing P&L cost savings approaching $MM since ; exceeding yearly P&L cost savings goals in excess of %, while completing over projects per year from through . Contain a comprehensive background in providing strategic direction for senior management on business & technology solutions.
Summary of Core Competencies
Cost Savings MultiCommodity Expertise Manufacturing
Interpersonal Skills Building High Performing Teams Strategic Sourcing
Sourcing & Procurement Project Management Vendor Management
RBS Citizens, NA Providence, RI to
Senior Purchasing & Sourcing Group Manager
PROVIDE SUSTAINABLE P&L COST SAVINGS and eliminate risk. Optimize value from our suppliers on a global basis; Develop and implement sourcing and vendor management strategies in conjunction with internal commodity group leaders within RBS Citizens, NA and across the RBS Groups in the Americas.
* Exceeded yearly P&L cost savings goals between & totaling over $MM and completed an average of projects per year, exceeding yearly goals by %.
* Sourced a comprehensive, cutting edge Consumer Finance management software solution that enabled an internal business partner to realize a $.MM P&L cost savings and increase operational efficiency.
* Developed global sourcing agreements with key suppliers that contributed to additional $.MM annual P&L cost savings by leveraging the combined spend.
* Directed team that developed the firstever purchase to pay PP, budget tracking and reporting system using Oracle and Ariba platform tools.
* Strategic direction, vendor negotiations and contracts for the procurement of product & service commodities for travel, health benefits, marketing, financial products, facilities, professional services and HRIS.
* Implemented Green Purchasing Program for all purchased goods and services.
* Create & develop User Manuals, Business Proposals, Troubleshooting Guides, White Papers, Policies & Procedures, Business Continuity and Emergency Preparedness & Response Programs. Eight technical writings adopted by senior management.
FleetBoston Financial, Providence, RI to
Senior Purchasing Manager
Leadership of relevant sourcing commodity groups; oversee acquisition policies & practices for enterprisewide indirect & direct spend; utilize the RFx process inclusive of state of the art eprocurement technologies; contract negotiations with toptier suppliers; responsible for SOP for procurement systems, supplier management, commodity sourcing & program management for various spend categories.
* Exceeded yearly P&L cost savings goals by more than % totaling nearly $MM and completed an average of projects per year from through .
* Directed a staff of procurement personnel.
* Developed and managed sourcing commodity strategies, key supplier management programs and vendor spend analysis for internal business customers.
* Reduced operating costs by $K per year by outsourcing "inhouse" printing department.
* Negotiated longterm agreements and programs with key suppliers, generating an additional $.MM in annual P&L cost savings over a five year period.
KeyTech, Inc Subsidiary of Cookson America, Warwick, RI to
Manufacturing Electrostatic Printing Technology
Purchasing, Inventory and Materials Manager
* Directed a staff of procurement and operations personnel.
* Comanaged MRP system with Quality Control Group.
* Responsible for project management of a renovation/buildout of new manufacturing facility. Project came in under budget with a cost savings of $k.
* Managed project coordination, contract negotiations, presentations, budgeting, logistics, vendor management, process development, cost control, import/export and networkingclient relations.
* Comanaged materials and inventory control with Quality Assurance Manager.
* Responsible for JIT purchasing of materials with a shelf life.
* Average cost savings per year due to aggressive supplier negotiations was $.MM.
General Electric Co. Schenectady, NY to
Manufacturing Plastic Materials Division
Buyer, Plastics and Office Products/Services
* Responsible for supplier management, contract negotiations, process and procedures development and cost control.
* Average cost savings per year as a result of supplier negotiations was $k.
* Assisted with management of inventory control.
Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Ariba, Oracle, SAS, Dun & Bradstreet, EWorkforce Management, RTA
Education & Professional Development
BA, Business & Psychology, State University of New York, Potsdam, NY, . GPA
Management and Certification Programs: Wharton Business School, Bentley College, University of Rhode Island, NAPM, ISM, Six Sigma Institute.