[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Anil Kumar T.
Broadview Road, Apt , Parma, OH, ,
+ years of professional work experience in human/animal research projects in designing, implementing and troubleshooting experiments; automating the process of acquiring, analyzing and reporting experimentation data in health care research industry. Compliant in IRB, IACUC, FDA and HIPAA regulatory rules and policies. Internal consultant for various projects involving medical device/technology, neuromodulation therapies and, novel data acquiring, analyzing and reporting techniques. Experience in designing electronic circuits in Cadence and electronic hardware prototyping on breadboards/PCB. A result driven and detail oriented individual with proven expertise in software programming. Proven outstanding relationship management skills with ability to train, mentor and lead high performing teams.
Experience in Biomedical Research Areas · Spinal cord injury: . years of experience in "functional electrical neural stimulation" FES / FNS & partial body weight support PWS neurorehabilitation techniques. · Parkinson&;s disease: . years of experience in "deep brain stimulation" DBS & "forced exercise FE" therapies. · year of experience in the research of respiratory control mechanisms. · year of experience in stroke rehabilitation and concussion management research areas. Device Development and Deployment · Designed, prototyped and built new devices to acquire data for various motor control projects that quantifies the efficacy of neurorehabilitation and neuromodulation therapies. · Modified existing devices to reduce device form factor by % and to simplify device operation for end users. Excellent MATLAB Programmer · years of experience in MATLAB programming. · Developed signal processing techniques to analyze biomedical signals ECG, EMG, EOG, Phrenic nerve signals and to analyze force/torque/pressure/D kinematic data. · Developed image processing routines to analyze ultrasonic image data. · Developed stand alone Graphical User Interfaces GUI of analysis routines for untrained end users. Excellent LabVIEW Programmer · years of experience in LabVIEW programming. · Developed real time force/torque/pressure/accelerometer data acquisition. · Developed real time signal processing techniques to control external devices. Compliant in conducting Human and Animal studies · Engaged in obtaining Institute Review Board approval process for human studies. · Facilitated in obtaining Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee approval process for rodent and nonhuman primate animal studies. · Knowledge in Food and Drug Administration approval procedures of medical device development & Healthcare and Health Insurance Administration took relevant coursework at Case Western Reserve University CWRU. Research Project Management · Developed budget and procured required equipments and components within the project limits. · Conducted team meeting and managed team resources to ensure timely project deliverables. · Identified required equipments, components and personnel. · Designed and developed research protocols. Technical · Intermediate skills in statistical analysis using SAS and SPSS. · Basic knowledge in C, C++, C and Objective C programming. · Intermediate knowledge in Access, mySQL database programming and in PHP scripting language. · Developed processes using a database client server model to create automatic data backup, analyses and report generation processes. Communication · Published peer reviewed manuscripts in scientific journals and presented in scientific conferences through oral and poster presentations. · Assisted in composing research documents for grant proposals. · Awarded second best oral presentation at the National Rocky Mountain Biomedical Symposium. · Awarded oral presentation in the Biomedical Engineering Society at Duke University. Teaching, Training and Mentoring · Taught biomedical signal processing and biomedical instrumentation laboratory courses. · Trained postdoc, project coordinators & mentored students in development of devices and data analyses.
Anil Kumar T.
Broadview Road, Apt , Parma, OH, ,
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH Sep Present Research Assistant Jan Present and Research Engineer Sep Jan
· Implementing, analyzing and reporting projects that evaluate the efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation parameter adjustments in Parkinson&;s disease patients. · Managing, implementing, analyzing and reporting concussion research. · Functioning in the role of internal consultant for device development, data collection and analysis software requirements for several projects carried out by postdoctoral fellows, research scientists in our research group. · Developed Biomedical Instrumentation Laboratory course for senior undergraduate students at Case Western Reserve University to teach the fundamentals of acquiring and analyzing biomedical signals. · Responsible for nonhuman primate studies
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ Laboratory Coordinator/ Research Engineer
· Managed resources, personnel and data collection processes for projects involving functional electrical stimulation therapy in incomplete spinal cord injury rodents. · Documented written and video standard operating procedures SOP for all the research techniques, protocols and instructions for research equipment use.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA Visiting Scholar
· Performed experiments for the project to understand the synaptic plasticity memory and learning involving rodent surgery, management and data analysis. · Provided technical and analytical assistance to the scientists and postdocs in the lab. · Modernized research equipment, space rearrangement and computer hardware.
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY Research Assistant
· Played an active role in projects aimed at understanding the recovery after Spinal Cord Injury by performing rodent surgeries, and animal care, designing experimental setup and analyzing D kinematic data in synchronous with EMG signals using MATLAB and LabVIEW.
Swarn Jayanthi Samudaik Hospital, Mathura, UP, India Biomedical Engineer InCharge
· Installed various biomedical equipments and designed a layout for different laboratories in a newly commissioned Bed super specialty hospital. · Provided training for paramedics and orientation programs to doctors for safe equipment handling. · Maintained warranties and service contracts of laboratory equipments ensured prompt service through vendor coordination, performed regular service and troubleshooted malfunctioned equipments.
Osmania University, Hyderabad, AP, India Jun Aug Instructor Jan Aug and Research Assistant Jun Jan
· Taught Biomedical Signal Processing BMSP laboratory course for final year undergraduate students and maintained computer network at the BMSP center. · Developed MATLAB routines to reduce speckle noise on digitized ultrasonic.
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH Sep Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering Specialization: Neural Engineering Thesis title: "Biomechanical Assessment of Normal and Parkinsonian Gait in the NonHuman Primate during Treadmill Locomotion" University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY May Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering Specialization: Rehabilitation Engineering and Signal Processing Thesis title: "Neuromechanical Control of Locomotion in Intact and Incomplete Spinal Cord Injure Rats" Osmania University, Hyderabad, India Jun Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering Thesis title: "Development of Electromyography EMG data acquisition system" Page of
Anil Kumar T.
Broadview Road, Apt , Parma, OH, ,
Alberts JL, Hallahan K, T. A, Noecker AM, Vitek JL, McIntyre CC, Reducing cognitivemotor declines associated with bilateral subthalamic deep brain stimulation through computational modelling in a Parkinson&;s disease patient. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. , , L. Rosenstein, A. L. Ridgel, A. T., B. Samame and J. L. Alberts, Effects of Combined Robotic Therapy and RepetitiveTask practice on upperextremity function in a patient with chronic stroke, American Journal of Occupational Therapy, , , A. K. T., S. Carlson, E. Knapp, B. Thompson, and R. Jung, Neuromechanical Control of Locomotion, Journal of Neurotrauma, , , . T. A., Carlson S., Jung R. Recovery of locomotor function after treadmill training of incomplete spinal cord injured rats, Biomedical Sci. Instrum, , , Oral presentation at Annual Rocky Mountain Biomedical Symposium, Copper mountain, CO Engineering Society, April,
ABSTRACTS AND PRESENTATIONS
A. K. T., W. Xu J. R. Hirsch, Z. I. Wang, J. Zhang, J. L. Vitek, J. L. Alberts, Upper extremity motor function assessment for nonhuman primates, a novel modification of the Klüver board task and computerassisted analysis of movement kinematics Society of Neuroscience, ./P, Nov , , San Diego, CA. A. K. T., I. Z. Wang, K. Baker J. Zhang, W. Xu, J. Vitek J. L. Alberts, Biomechanical assessment of normal and parkinsonian gait in the nonhuman primate during treadmill locomotion, ./CC, Society of Neuroscience, Oct , , Chicago, IL. A. K. T., C. Maks, C. C. McIntyre and J. L. Alberts, Deep brain stimulation parameter selection with quantitative biomechanical and computational models, Society of Neuroscience, ./N, Nov , , San Diego, CA. A. K. T., C. Maks, C. C. McIntyre and J. L. Alberts, A Biomechanical And Computational Approach To Deep Brain Stimulation Parameter Selection, Biomedical Engineering Society, P., Sep , , Los Angeles, CA. M Mukherjee, A Belanger, T Kanchiku, J Lynskey, A T., JJ Abbas, R Jung. Functional neuromuscular stimulation after incomplete spinal cord injury in rodents promotes recovery of locomotion, National Neurotrauma Society, Nov , , Washington, DC. Journal of Neurotrauma : P OCT R. Jung, S. Carlson, E. Knapp, A. T., B. Thompson, N. Ravi, J. Alton and T. Coates., Locomotor training in a rodent model of incomplete spinal cord injury. Journal of Neurotrauma : P, pg. , . R.Jung, S.Carlson, E.Knapp, A.T., B.Thompson, N.Ravi. Kinematics of Rodent Gait After Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury, Society of Neuroscience, ., Nov Nov , ,Orlando, FL. Jung R., E.A. Knapp, A.K. T., B.T. Thompson, S. Mulligan, N. Ravi, A. Quick, Quantitative outcome measures nd for assessing motor control in a rodent model of spinal contusion injury, Proceedings of the Joint EMBSBMES Conference, pg. , Oct , , Houston, TX. Jung, R., Carlson, S., Knapp, L., T., A., Thompson, B., Ravi, N., and Coates, T. Locomotor training in a Rodent th Model of Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury, Annual Spinal Cord & Head Injury Research Symposium literature. June , . Embassy Suits Hotel. Lexington, KY. A. K. T., R. Jung and J.J. Abbas. Adaptive control of endpoint position by weighted activation of force fields, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, , S, Oral presentation at Annual Fall Meeting of the Biomedical Engineering Society, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina. Oct. , A. K. T.. Kinematic and Electromyographic analysis of treadmill walking after locomotor training in a rodent th model of incomplete Spinal cord injury, Department of PM&R, Kentucky Clinic, June , , University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY.