[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Christopher L. S., Ph.D.
Edmond, OK PHONE:
A versatile industrial scientist with extensive experience in diagnostic and therapeutic areas including; clinical assay and therapeutic development, clinical trial design, and laboratory and project management, particularly in the areas of autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases.
// University of California, Los Angeles, CA
Department of Biological Chemistry
Ph.D. Biological Chemistry December,
// University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
B.S. Molecular Biology May,
// Washington University, St. Louis, MO
/ Senior Manager Haus Bioceuticals, Inc., Oklahoma City, OK
Assisted in securing funding Angel and grant for startup natural productsbased therapeutic company. Evaluated and coordinated new product pipeline.
/ ViceChairman Bioscience Roundtable., Oklahoma City, OK
Scheduled and coordinated presentations for monthly meeting of Oklahoma scientists, entrepreneurs and government officials.
// Senior Director Crescendo Bioscience, Inc., Oklahoma City, OK
Created and organized grant program for research and development of genomic and proteomic clinical assays. Secured more than $. M in nondilutive capital for research programs within corporate guidelines. Coordinated with architects on design of laboratory for CLIA regulated medical testing laboratory.
// Vice President of Operations. Riley Genomics, Inc, Oklahoma City, OK
Created and managed CLIA regulated laboratory operation. Facilitated both inbound and outbound sample logistics for clinical rheumatology testing. Assisted in management of teams for; assay development and automation, grant writing, business development and writing of business plan. Assisted in the securing of outside funding from both private placements and institutional groups. Designed highthroughput systems for robotic scaleup of sample processing. Designed and optimized assays using Luminex, Meso Scale and inhouse classical ELISA testing. Designed and optimized automation for these assays using Beckman Biomek FX, Qiagen biorobot, and Perkin Elmer Janus robotic assay systems.
// Secretary, Board of Directors. Riley Genomics, Inc, Oklahoma City, OK
Cofounded Riley Genomics, Inc., a diagnostic company focused on clinical rheumatology. Established articles of incorporation. Organized board meetings, kept stock ledger and company contracts, Secured funding, and handled corporate agreements. Assisted in the name change from Riley Genomics to Crescendo Bioscience.
// Manager of PostPCR Operations National Genetics Institute, LA, CA
Managed operations of people in hour/ day FDA licensed viral testing laboratory. Designed procedures to improve highthroughput screening utilizing custombuilt technology resulting in a % increase in overall productivity. Organized and supervised twofold increase in sample flow. Performed process engineering including; handling of timelines, budgets and integration into controlled system. Handled all personnel issues for facility. Wrote, modified and enforced SOPs. Optimized automation for assays using Tecan and custom genetic robotic assay systems.
// Senior Research Scientist Prometheus Laboratories, San Diego, CA
Designed and implemented two patent protected diagnostic assays. Transferred intellectual property from CedarsSinai and UCLA to Prometheus Laboratories. Assisted in design and evaluation of novel diagnostic technologies. Received funding for two SBIR grants involving design and commercialization of assays.
// Project Manager Santarus, Incorporated, San Diego, CA
Evaluated new products for purchase and subsequent marketing. Performed scientific due diligence on prospective compounds and therapies for bowel diseases. Assisted in design and evaluation of pre and postclinical protocols for drug commercialization. Organized and managed Scientific Advisory Board. Monitored filing of domestic and worldwide patent applications.
// Visiting Assistant Researcher Department of Pathology, UCLA
Continued involvement in inflammatory bowel disease related research projects. Obtained UCLA approval for animal experimentation Animal Review Committee approval and use of human materials Human Subject Protection Committee approval.
// Postdoctoral Researcher Department of Pathology, UCLA
Conducted Postdoctoral Research in the Etiology of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Helped Design Research Protocols for Independent Project. Managed Technicians and Graduate Students in Laboratory Procedures for the Jonathan Braun Laboratory.
// Postdoctoral Researcher XOMA Corporation, Santa Monica, CA
Conducted Postdoctoral Research in the Expression of Human AntiBacterial Agents. Cloned Promoters for Two Human Genes and Evaluated Expression Patterns in HepG Sarcoma Cells. Wrote Paper for Publication based on Original Research. Wrote and Evaluated Internal Reviews of Products for Efficacy, Activity and Quality Control.
// Graduate Student Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA
Designed and Evaluated SemiSynthetic Nucleases. Published Research in Peer Reviewed Journals. Participated in Active Research program involving Protein Targeting of Chemical Nucleases. Dissertation: "The E. coli repressor of Tryptophan Biosynthesis as a SemiSynthetic Nuclease "
Ph.D. Dissertation filed and accepted /
// Research Associate Hana Biologics, Alameda, CA
Performed General Biochemical Support for Cell Biology based Company. Developed Bioassays for In House use. Evaluated Lipid/Antibody Based Assay System Product Support. Wrote Standard Operating Procedures SOPs for GMP Production.
// Research Associate Waisbren Research, Milwaukee, WI
Designed and completed Independent Research Project: Evaluation of Monocyte and Macrophage Maturation using Scanning Electron Microscopy.
// Undergraduate Research University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Prepared Computer Model of Molecular Biological System for teaching
purposes. Senior Research Project.
NIH SBIR review committee Immunology section
Moore Norman Technology Center Advisory Board
,, Antibody materials for an IBDassociated polypeptide July ,
,, Diagnosis, prevention and treatment of Crohn&;s disease using the OmpC antigen November ,
,, IBDassociated microbial nucleic acid molecule July ,
,, IBDassociated microbial nucleic acid molecules November ,
,, IBDassociated microbial antigens and methods of using same
Filed Patent: Case August,
* Wei B, Huang T, Dalwadi H, S. CL, Bruckner D, Braun J. "Pseudomonas fluorescens encodes the Crohn&;s diseaseassociated I sequence and Tcell superantigen" Infect Immun. Dec;:.
* Dalwadi H, Wei B, Kronenberg M, S. CL, Braun J. Related Articles, Links "The Crohn&;s diseaseassociated bacterial protein I is a novel enteric t cell superantigen" Immunity. Jul;:.
* S., CL, Kim, J, Yamane, A, Dalwadi, H, Wei, B, Landers, C, Targan, SR, and J. Braun. "Identification of a novel bacterial sequence associated with Crohn&;s disease" Gastoenterology Jul;:.
* Cohavy, O, Harth, G, Horwitz, M, Landers, C, S., CL, Targan, SR, and J Braun "Identification of a novel mycobacterial histone H homologue HupB as an antigenic target of pANCA monoclonal antibody and serum IgA from patients with Crohn&;s disease" Infection and Immunity Dec;:
* S., CL, Barry, M, Walsh, M, Targan, SR, and J Braun. "Familial expression of antisaccharomyces cerevisiae mannan antibodies ASCA in affected and unaffected relatives of Crohn&;s disease patients" Gut, Jan; :
* Dalwadi, H, S., CL, Wei Bo, Yamane, A, Targan, SR and J Braun, "Identification of a novel IBDassociated microbial agent by representational difference analysis "Gastroenterology, :G
* S., CL, Rotter, J, Targan, S R and J Braun "Disease related and Familial Expression of a marker antibody in Crohn&;s Disease" Gastroenterology :A
* Centola M; Lin K, S. C, Berenson JR, Kunkel LA, Rosen L, Hahn BH and RR Robinson. Leuk Lymphoma "Production of antierythrocyte antibodies by leukemic and nonleukemic B cells in chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients." Leuk Lymphoma Feb; p
* Landgraf,R., Pan,C., S.,C., Pearson,L., and D. Sigman . "Engineering of DNA binding proteins into sitespecific cutters: reactivity of Trp repressor,phenanthroline chimeras" Protein Engineering , p.
* Sigman, D.S., Bruice, T.W, Mazumder, A. and C.L.S.. . "Targeted Chemical Nucleases," Accts. Chem.Res. , p.
* S., C.L., Mazumder, A., Chen, C.H. B., and D.S.Sigman. . "Transforming the E. coli Trp Repressor into a SiteSpecific Nuclease," Biochemistry, , p.
* Mazumder, A., S., C.L. and D.S. Sigman. . ",PhenanthrolineLinked E. coli Trp Repressor as a SiteSpecific Nuclease Scission Reagent. Metal Ion Requirement" Inorganic Chemistry, , p.
* Christopher L. S. "The E. coli Repressor of Tryptophan Biosynthesis as a SemiSynthetic Nuclease" Ph.D. Thesis. UCLA Medical School, Department of Biological Chemistry.