[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Central Ave,, Caldwell, NJ
Home: cell: ::
Summary of Qualifications
Ph.D. Research Scientist with demonstrated success working on multiple project teams. Over years extensive biotechnology industry experience in multiplexing immunoassay development and validation utilizing beadbased Luminex xMap technology. Experienced in problem solving in a highthroughput industrial R&D setting. Quick and enthusiastic learner, dedicated to the generation of highquality and timely results. Diverse background in molecular cloning, protein biochemistry and immunoassays. Skilled in all areas of lab operations as well as designing and troubleshooting experiments. Good communication skills, strong analytical skills. Excellent record of productivity and performance. Medical background built from eight years practicing of medicine in a hospital setting.
Familiar with regular molecular techniques:
● Microsphere bead conjugation/Biotinylation
● Luminex XMAP multiplexing technology
* Cell culturing
* Antibody, DNA and protein purification
* cDNA library screening
* Western Blot
* Immunofluorescence assay
* DNA microarray
* Immunohistochemistry assay
* DNA sequencing
* DNA Primer design, DNA cloning and subcloning
* Tissue array
* Cell transfection and protein expression
MILLIPORE CORPORATION St Charles, MO Present
MILLIPORE is a leading provider of technologies, tools and services for the global life science industry
Research Scientist II R&D
Develop and implement multiplex biomarker assays using Luminex xMAP technology, providing quality detection tools for research labs. Facilitating R&D product transfer to manufacturing by providing SOP, QC and manufacturing documents and troubleshooting problematic transfers. Providing R&D support to Marketing, technique support team.
* Expertise on Luminex beads conjugation both polystyrene and magnetic bead, antibody biotinylation and antibody screening for sandwich immunoassay.
* Familiar with antibody purification and buffer exchange.
* Extensive experience in assay development and trouble shooting with Luminex XMAP technology platform.
* Experience in kit performance validation including sensitivity, Intra or Inter assay CV%, spike recovery, dilution linearity, cross reactivity, specificity, stability and interference analysis.
* Expertise in using STALIA, Beadview, MilliplexAnalyst and Luminex xponent software to analyze Luminex output file.
* Familiar with Luminex , , FlexMap D machine operation, calibration and maintenance. Knowing Luminex MagPix new generation machine well.
* Familiar with BioTek ELx plate washer, automation setting and maintainance.
* Familiar with Standard Product Development Process PDP and manufacturing, quality control Standard Operation Procedure SOP.
* Familiar with cell signaling assays.
* Developed, validated and technique transferred Human Cytokine/Chemokine panel and Mouse Cytokine/Chemokine panel kit plex and plex.
* Developed, validated and technique transferred Human mouse Cytokine/Chemokine expansion panels.
* Developed, validated and technique transferred Human TIMP Tissue Inhibitors of Metalloproteinases panel, MMP matrix metalloproteinases panel and Human Sepsis panel.
* Initiated and developed Human CVD Cardial Vescular Disease expansion panel.
* Validated and techniquetransferred Human Cytokine/Chemokine Magnetic beads panel with automated plate washer.
* Evaluated/validated the next generation Luminex Platform FlexMap D and xPonent software. Detailed software comparison between STALIA, BeadView, MiliplexAnalyst and xPonent.
* Provided training and supervision to newhires on assay development strategies, trouble shooting, and software tutoring.
* Trained sales representatives and field specialists, demonstrated instrument applications and assay procedures.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT EL PASO, El Paso, TX
Lab Instructor of Developmental Biology, Microbiology, Anatomy and Physiology, ,
* Communicated ideas from lecture; incorporated into laboratory setting.
* Trained students on dissection techniques.
* Supervised and evaluated students working in the lab.
* Assisted, organized, and prepared developmental biology, anatomy, and physiology labs.
Research Assistant in Cancer Research Lab,
* Identified and characterized cancerrelated antigens using autoantibodies in sera from cancer patients for immunoscreening cDNA expression library.
* cDNA sequencing and analysis.
* Primer design, molecular cloning, subcloning and protein expression of target genes.
* Developed sandwich ELISA immunoassay to run patient samples. Frequencies of positive reaction in different patient groups were compared.
* Evaluated usefulness of identified antigenantibody system as marker for cancer diagnosis.
* Evaluated sensitivity and specificity of different antigenantibody systems and further developed "cancerassociated antigen array" system to enhance cancer diagnosis and prediction.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT EL PASO, El Paso, TX May,
Ph.D. in Biology
* Dissertation: "Identification of TumorAssociated Antigens as Markers for Immunodiagnosis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma," Advisor: Jianying Zhang
ZHEJIANG UNIVERSITY OF CHINA, Hang Zhou, China
Medical Doctor in Clinic Medicine
HANGZHOU NUMBER ONE HOSPITAL, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Completed clinical training in internal medicine, specifically diagnosis and treatment of respiratory, cardiac, endocrine, digestive, blood disorder and urinary system disease.
HANGZHOU SIXTH PEOPLE&;S HOSPITAL, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Professional diagnosis and therapy of epidemic diseases and contagions in China, such as measles, mumps, hepatitis, chickenpox, hemorrhagic nephrosonephritis, typhoid, rabies, and cerebritis. Expertise on acute & chronic hepatitis, liver cirrhosis and liver cancer diagnosis and treatment.
* Guogen Zhao, Yao C., et al. Clinical efficiency of oral herb Shandon roots in the treatment of hepatitis B. Zhejiang Journal of Epidemic Disease , : P.
* Guogen Zhao, Yao C., et al. The application of scraping therapy in hepatitis B and C. Zhejiang Journal of Chinese Medicine , : P.
* Yao C.. Sample Cases of genetic enzyme deficiency diseases confused to liver cirrhosis. Periodical of Zhejiang Institution of Medicine , : P.
* Looi KS, Bi L, C. Y, Megliorino R, Zhang JY. Expression and purification of tumorassociated antigen p and its application in cancer detection. Journal of Medical Laboratory Technology , :.
* Looi KS, Megliorino R, Shi FD, peng XX, C. Y, Bi L, Zhang JY. Humoral immune response to p, a cyclindependent kinase inhibitor in human malignancies. Oncology report ; :.
* Zhang JY, Megliorino R, Peng XX, Tan EM, C. Y, Chan EKL. Antibody detection using tumorassociated antigen miniarray in immunodiagnosing human hepatocellular carcinoma. Journal of Hepatology ; : .
* C. Y, Lin P, Qiu S, Megliorino R, Zhang JY. Autoantibodies to Ca+ Binding Protein Calnuc Might Be a Potential Marker in Colon Cancer Detection. International Journal of Oncology ; : .
* C. Y, Zhou YS, Qin SM, Wang KJ, Liu SW, Peng XX, Zhang JY. Autoantibodies to tumorassociated antigens combined with abnormal alphafetoprotein enhance immunodiagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Letter .
Experienced with STALIA, Milliplex Analyst software, Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Perl; miniTab; SigmaPlot and Adobe Photoshop.
Excellent references will be provided on request.