[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
ref PLACEHOLDER IF ref USERPROPERTY WorkStreet Error! Bookmark not defined.="" "[Street Address]" ref USERPROPERTY WorkStreet Perry Street Perry Street * MERGEFORMAT[ E. nd St. Chicago, IL, ]
Seeking a research position in biological areas in either academic or commercial environment in order to utilize my qualifications while offering several opportunities to integrate personal enrichment with professional goals.
Master of Science Cell and Molecular Biology,
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
Bachelor of Science Biology,
Baha&;i University, Tehran, Iran
Research Assistant Cognitive Neurology Center, Northwestern University, Chicago
[/ to present]
Working on the Calpaincdk pathway and its correlation to pathology of tangle formation in AD brains utilizing a range of molecular biology methods.
Designing and planning the experiments and methods.
Statistical Analysis of the raw data and observations.
Attending weekly lab meetings, presenting detailed data, and working under close supervision of a research professor.
Providing regular lab research reports and ordering equipments and reagents under supervision of the lab PI..
Lab Technician Tehran Institute of Biotechnology, Tehran, Iran
[/ to /]
* Worked on the molecular pathways of two plant hormones Naphthaleneacetic acid and Indolebutyric acid and their effects on the invitro micropropagation as well as cell and tissue culture of lilium bulbs.
* Prepared culture media through diligent following of the lab protocols. Regularly harvested, sterilized, dissected, and implanted plant tissues and cells, followed by monitoring and developing the cultures.
* Established electronic statistical databases, continuous data entry, and wrote formal reports.
* Assisted the lab supervisor and made ready and refill the chemical agents for tests and lab equipments and ordered the depleted ones.
Medical Sales Representative Eskan Teb Asia Company, Tehran, Iran
ref PLACEHOLDER "[Insert Dates]" * MERGEFORMAT [ / to /]
Imported and documented laboratory equipment and reagents from Dako Co. Immuno histochemistry and Partec Co. Flowcytometry through close wellestablished formal communications.
Rendered regular presentations and workshops for the installation, functions, and utilization procedures of those equipments to the customers usually pathologists.
Installed and maintained IHC and Flowcytometry equipments through constant supervision.
Managed the office in which customers were presented for new products and protocols.
* Techniques and Methods Practiced:
+ Western and Southern Blot,
+ Cell Culture,
+ Gene cloning, DNA extraction, and PCR,
+ Confocal Microscopy, Stereology, Densitometry,
+ Protein extraction from tissue and cultured cells,
+ Concentration assays,
+ Histology: tissue sectioning, mounting, coversliping,
+ Staining: immunohistochemistry IHC, Crystal Violet CV,
* S., R., Riascos, D., Guo, L. and Geula, C. Loss of Calcium Buffering Leading to Tangle Formation May Explain Selective Vulnerability of Basal Forebrain Cholinergic Neurons in Alzheimer&;s Disease. Soc. Neurosci. Abst., Session ., . of society of neuroscience.
* S., R., Khazei, N., Effect of plant hormones on the tissue culture microporpagation of Lilium ledebouri Boiss, a native Iranian endangered flora. J: New Thoughts, Vol:, Tehran, Iran
* Language: English fluent, Persian fluent, Turkish conversational, Spanish simple conversations.
* Computer savvy: MS Office word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, InSTAT, Graphpad, ImageJ, Network, and Windows trouble shooting.
* Assistant nurse volunteer at University of Chicago Bernard Mitchel hospital in oncology and surgery department. [ / to present]
* Volunteer teacher at Illinois Instit. of Tech. for children classes. [ / to present]
* Member at Middle East Music Ensemble of University of Chicago. [ / to present]
* Member at Bahai House of Worship choir in Wilmette, Chicago. [ / to present]
Changiz Geula, PhD, Neuroscience research professor, Northwestern University,
* Email: ,
* Cell phone:
Xialing Xiang, PhD, Cell Biology Assistant Professor, Illinois Institute of Technology,
* Email: ,
* Office number: ..
Ling Guo, MD, Postdoctoral fellow, Northwestern University,
* Email: ,
* Cell phone: