[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Terry Glenn K.
Orchard Lakes Place East Toledo, Ohio
Highly respected and award winning broadcast executive who can bring to an industry leading organization expertise in program promotion, graphic design, media buying, sales marketing, utilization of new media, set design and event coordination. Ability to understand complex projects and successful at developing effective strategies. As a Creative Services Director, established a proven track record of improving television station ratings that resulted in increased sales revenues.
* Branding Expert
* New Media Development
* Creative Development
* Market Research & Analysis
* Media Expertise
* Team Building & Management
* Writer and Producer
* Budget Management
CREATIVE SERVICES DIRECTOR,
WTVGTV, DISNEY/ABC Toledo, Ohio
Define strategy, develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans to increase viewership up to an all time high for local, news, syndicated and network programming. Manage a forwardthinking team of writers, producers, graphic designers and editors to create effective advertising campaigns for all station media platforms. Prepare and manage media budget utilizing outofhome, print, cable, radio, newspaper and internet based products. Schedule all daily promotional spots on WTVG, WTVG Plus, WTVG Weather Now and WTVG/ABC News Now.
* Generated viewership of local news programming to the highest level in years by designing and launching a new marketing strategy.
* Developed sales related promotions, increasing marketleading revenue share.
* Consistently indexed as a number one or two performing television station amongst the ABC Network affiliates.
* Initiated the station&;s utilization of social networking as a marketing tool, creating viewer interaction with local news programming.
* Successfully launched new local news and public affairs programming which increased revenues and focused on issues of concern to the African American, Hispanic and Latino communities.
* Created local events, strengthening awareness of station personalities and programming.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND PROMOTION,
WTENTV, YOUNG BROADCASTING OF ALBANY, INC. Albany, New York
Developed marketing strategies for local news, syndicated programming and the station web site. Produced advertising campaigns utilizing broadcast television, radio, cable, print, outofhome, internet based technology and direct mail. Oversaw the daily content activity of wten.com. Primary negotiator of coop funds and grants from the ABC Television Network and other program syndicators. Manager of all local media placement. Developed onair and online sales promotions to increase market share and revenues.
* Launched the first ever television station website in the Albany/Schenectady/Troy market and hosted the first online coverage of a breaking news event.
* Created events and sales promotions for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy that received broadcast industry recognition.
* Received the ABC Television Network&;s first Alpha Award for best network/affiliated cobranding campaign.
* Selected to the Young Broadcasting Inc. internet technology committee, generating new media revenue.
* Consulted with the ABC Television Network to develop Brandopoly, resulting in a webbased tool for quickly producing custom sales marketing materials.
* Produced sales promotions for Adam Young Inc., the national rep firm for the Young Broadcasting Inc. group of television stations, increasing market revenue shares.
Other Related Experience
CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER
WTVOTV, YOUNG BROADCASTING OF ROCKFORD, INC. Rockford, Illinois
Responsible for all facets of commercial production, news production, station promotion, marketing and retail sales development. Managed a staff of employees.
VIDEOGRAPHER/EDITOR/SPECIAL PROJECTS PRODUCER
WLNSTV, YOUNG BROADCASTING OF LANSING, INC. Lansing, Michigan
Member of ENG crew, edited news stories and produced local programming.
WDIVTV, A POST NEWSWEEK STATION Detroit, Michigan
Camera operator for multicamera professional sporting events and other station programming.
WILXTV, ADAMS COMMUNICATION, INC. Lansing, Michigan
Producer, videographer and editor of local commercials, station programming and promotion.
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Arts, Telecommunication Michigan State University East Lansing, Michigan
Minors in Advertising and English
The Walt Disney Company/Harvard Completed courses in project management, creativity under the gun and leading effective meetings
The Walt Disney Company Completed courses in standards of business conduct
PROMAX Featured speaker at television station marketing and promotion sessions
Northern Illinois Epilepsy Foundation Board member
Michigan State University Alumni Association Vice President of the New York Capital Region Chapter
Awards Recognized by the Northern Illinois Ad Club, ABC Television Network, PROMAX and New York State Broadcasters Association. Also received Telly Awards for outstanding commercials, video and film productions.