Resume for Winston S. for IT / Technical Support / Broadcasting, News & Journalism in Detroit, Michigan
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
• Network administrator and engineer with extensive LAN/WAN wireless experience specializing in
network security & computer forensics.
• Deployed HP enterprise wireless access points and wireless laptops along with resolving
wireless connectivity problems.
• Capable of troubleshooting problems on internet based, digital, and analog phones.
• Experienced in creating computer accounts for users and setting up and operating the
Microsoft Outlook email client.
MB & MT International
Consultant to present
• Support Windows XP, Vista, and
• Support Windows Server , , as well as Small Business Server
• Support Novell, Netware, Linux, and Apple IOS IPod Touch systems
• Provide phone support and hands on as well as receive calls per day
• Provide Hardware and software support including installs, upgrades, and replacements as needed
• Troubleshooting connectivity, password lockouts, resets
• Utilize Remedy, Manual Reports, and Vantive for ticketing
• Provide desktop, server, and printer support.
• Business Mentor with Tech Town
• Created website and Blog for corporate website
• Provided technical writing for Baseline magazine.
• Authored Training Today’s Youth for Tomorrow’s Technology©
• Created lessons plans for Detroit Midtown Academy for the Career Exploration,
Entrepreneur, & Computer Applications I classes for grades th – th grades.
Colin Powell Academy, Detroit, MI
Academic Technology Coordinator –
• Provide printer support such as part replacement
• Support Scantron systems
• Setup database and access rights and security
• Liaison between contractors and school administrators
• Created activity logs daily regarding steps and resolutions for system support.
• Authored demographical & statistical reports to document student achievement.
• Assessed upgrade of operating systems and advised remaining with the Windows XP:
resulting in savings of thousands of dollars on hardware upgrades.
• Set up and repaired desktops, wireless laptops, wireless access points, and printers;
repaired PCs, laptops and peripherals in the building.
• Trained staff, teachers and students on the use of wireless laptops and software in classrooms
and pc lab.
Guardian Security Services, Southfield Michigan, MI
LAN Local Area Network Application Specialist II
• Built & repaired PCs, installed Microsoft Outlook email clients and connected them to the
Microsoft Exchange Server.
• Create reports for tracking support information
• Backup servers utilizing a variety of software as well as VERITAS Backup Exec software,
CD copies, and data tapes.
• Resolved user calls for Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office, Windows XP,
Windows , reset user passwords, and did onsite PC, laptop , desktop support.
• Monitored network operations, resolved LAN/WAN issues in plus server Network
National Heritage Academies, Detroit, MI
• Set up PC’s and laptops, established Follett library data base and check out system.
• Support of Windows
• Utilize Altiris for imaging
• Customize user ID’s such as a student ID, Teacher ID, Payroll online
• Support of Wireless laptops
• VOIP setup and installation
Holy Cross Children’s Services –
• Proctored SCANTRON testing online to students, taught Microsoft Word, Excel and
Edison Schools, Detroit, MI
User Service Technician
• Set up PC and Apple laptops, resolved PC issues in the classroom.
• Established faculty voice mail system.
Bachelor of Science Business Administration Wayne State University
CERTIFICATES SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Certificate of Appreciation January ,
Wayne State University
Certificate of Achievement Cultural Awareness, Arabic Language & National Security Workshop –
August and at WSU Center of Academic Excellence CAE.
Microsoft Office Detroit – All day events at GM Renaissance Center with training from
Microsoft on Windows , Share Point Server, & Microsoft Exchange Server; includes free software for
Windows enterprise bit, Office Professional , & Project .
Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center
Applying Microsoft Security Guidance Hands on Lab
Novell certified Technical Education Center/EDS
Novell Intranet ware: Netware . Administration Trained on Microsoft Exchange Server –
supporting users on GM account in EDS call centers in Troy, and Auburn Hills, Michigan. Also used
the same skills and supported user laptops for the Xerox Technical Support Center TSC account
when I was promoted at EDS.
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!