[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Owen C., MBA
Reynier Drive, Phone
Brampton, Ontario. Cell
LZ L Email:
Profile: An accomplished business professional with extensive experience in corporate management, sales and business negotiations:
* A skilled executive that knows how to apply his outstanding interpersonal, communication, negotiation and people management skills with uncompromising integrity to achieve bottom line results.
* Proven ability to devise and implement effective policies and procedures that enhance corporate culture, productivity, and increase workplace efficiency.
* A versatile, enthusiastic and skilled negotiator who enjoys "working the details" into agreements; opening new opportunities for "win win" scenarios.
* Experienced in conflict resolution, soft skills that enhance relationships help maintain momentum and positive results. Applying these skills will empower employees in maintaining Strong Customer Service focus!
Ontario Racing Commission
Provincial Government Regulator / Agency
Technical Advisor Consulting
* Conducted Research and Authored Specification Documents that set new standards for "video on demand" that will move the industry towards centralized adjudication of the Horse Racing Industry in Ontario.
* Deliverable was a comprehensive RFP for Video Race Patrol and Photo Finish Services for seventeen horse racetracks in Ontario.
* Provided guidance for HD TV transition and video streaming
* Presented specification data to top industry stakeholders.
* The RFP, having gone beyond the original plan path of the assignment, met all expectations, was delivered on time and below budget in February .
TelePhoto Technologies Inc. Mississauga, Ont.
Horse Racetrack Gaming, Sports and Entertainment Venues supplier
* "Account Managed" relationships with business units, customers and industry regulators that resulted in an excellent service record, satisfied customers and years of growing repeat business, bolstering an excellent reputation countrywide.
* Directed strategic operational planning and implementation, reviewing key policies on an annual basis to adjust to changing business needs.
* Negotiated contracts and managed difficult contractual relationships with Vendors and major clients including Governments In Canada.
* Managed corporate fixed asset logistics to maintain high levels of accountability.
* Maintained high levels of customer loyalty throughout difficult recession periods.
* Refocused Technical/Operations Management, conducting hardware reviews and Facilities Maintenance improvements across Canada.
* Interviewed, selected and mentored over technically minded bright employees for various positions throughout all enterprise categories.
* International Horse Racing Industry business consulting televised surveillance.
* Developed and implemented a wide range of corporate policies and procedures authoring service manuals and handguide booklets for service staff.
* Managed business mistakes by owning them and learning from them.
The following experience illustrates my progression within TelePhoto Technologies. Having worked my way up from an entrylevel position at the age of fifteen to the President of the company I understand the value of hard work, patience and perseverance.
Executive Vice President
* Supported major accounts, coordinated and performed contract negotiations, working with client managers to reduce risks to the enterprise through effective contract terms and conditions.
* Implemented staffing cuts and cost saving initiatives improving profitability
* Successfully reworked key account contracts resulting in many new long term service agreements and partnerships.
* Effectively managed and developed highly skilled Technical Operations teams with a staff of over employees.
* Hired, trained, managed schedules and supervised Operations Managers.
President Contempo Timing Systems Inc. a subsidiary of TelePhoto Technologies
* Created, analysed, grouped and interpreted technologyrelated research using industry data to identify trends and techniques that would support sales.
* Developed all sales leads that resulted in active accounts.
* Provided the leadership to become Canada&;s dominant timing systems supplier for Horse Racing by identifying and implementing effective and creative solutions.
* Increased profitability by % through innovation, niche marketing and by implementing effective operational efficiencies.
* Prepared with great attention to detail RFP tender documents that won "Video Race Patrol and Photo Finish" Federal Government service contracts back to back each exceeding $ million.
* Personally won back a $. milliondollar West Coast account previously lost.
* Managed, hired and trained employees located in five provinces.
Assistant General Manager
* Extensive training was undertaken in all aspects of General Management.
* Prepared quotations, contracts and purchase orders for equipment procurement.
* Selected by the President to find, hire and train technically minded field operators in several cities across Canada.
* Implemented facilities maintenance and vehicle service solutions that reduced these costs by % over months.
* Managed staff of and operated as Technical Director television production.
* Demonstrated my quick learner aptitude by identifying problems for the service department when equipment was returned for service.
* Became the lead installer and "test pilot" for new television production units.
* Became the goto troubleshooter in our television production and photo finish operations throughout Canada.
* Worked seasonally in the warehouse testing equipment, prechecking, and shipping.
* Trained as a mm film camera operator, working part time.
* Began training other camera operators in my second season at the age of sixteen.
* Cross trained to all operational positions at the Windsor site before the end of the second horse racing season and became the site supervisor full time.
* MBA Graduate, Queen&;s University Kingston Ont.
* Health and Safety certification WHSC, .
* Served as "team leader" during the building campaign that raised over $, in weeks, for St. Jerome&;s Parish in Brampton.
* Volunteer, organized old records into computer data files for St. Cornelius Cemetery my data entry work facilitated ongoing computerized recordkeeping.
* Volunteer, Technical Maintenance services, Hospice Caledon, Bethell House.