[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
COHEN “AL” A.
Slumber Lane Fraser, Michigan
MANAGER: Human Resources, Business Management, Customer Service
Multiawardwinning professional with history producing dramatic quantifiable increases in performance,
profitability, and overall customer and employee retention for multimillion dollar organization.
• Create centers of operational and service excellence, devising highimpact metricbased
• Maximize bottomline while minimizing losses, spearheading strategic analysis, problem solving, and
• Provide transparency into key issues, transforming data into concise visual, written, and oral
• Cultivate staff talents and morale, breaking down complex concepts into clear instructional blocks.
• Build, motivate, and lead world class teams, leveraging highly decorated training and managerial
experience in United States Coast Guard Search & Rescue and Law Enforcement operations.
Strategic Analysis & Planning Operational & Service Excellence Inventory & Cost Control Risk
P&L Continuous Improvements Data Interpretations Problem Solving Forecasting Presentations
Team Building Training & Development Incentive & Reward Programs Employee & Customer
TRUGREEN, Rochester Hills, Michigan –
Part of Fortune ServiceMaster with +, employees in + nationwide locations; specializes in
lawn care such as fertilizing and weed control.
General Manager –
Oversaw and led all aspects of $.M branch; involved guiding and directing department heads, mid
level, managers, and employees in Operations, Business, Sales & Marketing, Warehousing, and
Production. Defined overall branch vision and tone of all activities including, but not limited to, strategic
plans, target growths, profitability, and customer and employee retention. Managed annual budgeting
process. Chaired weekly managerial meetings consisting of topics such as safety, sales and production
goals, performance, and problem solving. Interviewed, hired, trained, evaluated, rewarded, and disciplined
staff. Administered all employee files for HR. Tracked and maintained weekly chemical inventory.
Reviewed weekly payroll, imputed adjustments, and timecards for accuracy. Ensured % compliance
with all laws and regulations. Reported on branch activity and summarized performance on daily and
weekly basis through Excel, webbased sites, and intranet. Provided weekly forecasts. Served as conflict
resolution master for employee, computer, inventory, vehicle, customer, and any other issues that arose.
• Increased branch profitability from $.M to $.M, and boosted customer retention by .% in
• Drove continuous improvements in efficiency and bottomline margins, expertly analyzing costs,
quality, production, and resource utilization, and developing targeted enhanced processes.
• Bestowed with highest honor in company, being awarded “General Manager of the Year” throughout
entire company and Michigan region.
• Achieved highest score regarding accuracy companywide at % in corporate audit.
• Ranked as “Top Honor Graduate” from General Manager School out of companywide participants.
Operations Manager –
Coordinated and led all daytoday service delivery of + employees. Hired, trained, evaluated, rewarded,
and disciplined staff. Conducted weekly meetings. Devised continuous improvements.
• Boosted employee retention from % to %.
• Raised production by $K while lowering labor costs by %, enhancing employee efficiency
through improved training, incentives, and empowerment.
• Named “Operations Manager of the Year.”
Office Manager –
Managed all daily administrative activities of large fastpaced $M facility with employees; included, but
was not limited to, payroll, data entry, inbound customer calls, outbound accounts receivable calls, and
COHEN “AL” A. Page
• Improved writeoffs by highest % companywide, by % over previous year in uncollected monies.
• Enhanced departmental efficiency, implementing improved training and retraining methods.
• Strengthened branchwide communication, launching and serving as editor of branch newsletter.
• Awarded “Office Manager of the Year.”
• Advanced in only months from initial “Manager in Training” position as Office Manager Assistant.
UNITED STATES COAST GUARD USCG, Multiple Locations in Michigan & Florida –
of US uniformed services specializing in search and rescue and law enforcement.
st Class Petty Officer Honorable Discharge
Served multiple roles throughout tenure including Human Relations Council President, Operations Petty
Officer managing personnel, Computer Systems Manager training + operators, USCG Reserves
Liaison Officer overseeing personnel, Certified Federal Law Enforcement Officer training + personnel,
and Deck Petty Officer supervising personnel. Performed as rescue swimmer, boat crewman, and boat
driver for search and rescues.
• Conducted +, boarding’s and search and rescue missions personally, and logged +,
hours as boat captain.
• Increased accountability during search and rescue missions by % and conducted +% more law
enforcement boarding’sstops in year; led to “Enlisted Person of the Year” award for entire
th District of USCG.
• Voted “Sailor of the Quarter” times by peers, and named “Top Honor Graduate” of Law Enforcement
• Saved drowning victim through lifesaving dive into water; awarded “USCG Achievement Medal for
• Received total of formal commendations and numerous informal accolades for outstanding
performance, contributions, and leadership.
NOTE: Additional experience with USCG includes roles as: Defensive Tactics Instructor and Blue Falcon
Narcotics Testing Instructor. Details on request.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Currently working towards Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, expected graduation date is .
Top Honor Graduate
TruGreen General Manager School, Memphis, Tennessee
Interviewing & Recruiting, EEO Laws, Regulations & Progressive Discipline Procedures, Workplace
Violence & Service Excellence
TruGreen Management School, Lansing, Michigan
Top Honor Graduate
USCG Maritime Law Enforcement School, Yorktown, Virginia
USCG Officer in Charge & Executive Petty Officer School, Yorktown, Virginia
Fulton County Sherriff’s Street Survival, “The Tactical Edge” USCG Emergency Medical Service
Leadership & Management Course Coast Guard Computer System Manager Course
AWARDS & HONORS
TruGreen: General Manager of the Year x – Companywide & Michigan Region
Operations Manager of the Year Office Manager of the Year Lowest WriteOff % – Michigan Region
USCG: Good Conduct Award x Coast Guard Achievement Medal x Meritorious Unit
Sailor of the Quarter x Humanitarian Service Medal Coast Guard Unit Commendation
USCG Enlisted Person of the Year