[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Germán Augusto Hernández Roncancio
Date of birth: .. / Place: Bogotá Colombia
Calle B Apto , Bogotá, Colombia
Email: :: Telephone: :: Mobile:
Senior International Executive
Enterprising attitude, leadership based on objectives, oriented toward results and focus on high profitability, business development, integration of motivated and professional work teams, market analysis and development for innovative technologies, management of key accounts, integral approach to solve problems and decision making, easily adapted to to multicultural environments, creativity, vision for business, technical sales and industrial marketing oriented to consumers at the pyramid&;s base, communication skills. Solid experience and knowledge on different segments and processes of the food industries. Deep knowledge of the beverage and food products markets in the Andean, Central America and Caribbean regions.
* Food Engineer from Universidad de Bogotá Jorge Tadeo Lozano; graduated in .
* Post graduate studies in Marketing at EAFIT, in , Bogotá.
* Specialized in BB and BC relations with years of experience in an international company that is leader in the flavours area as supplier to the food industry. .
* Broad international experience and knowledge in the Andean, Central American and Caribbean regions.
:: Strategic vision :: Business integration
:: Sales and business development :: Productivity and performance improvement
:: Experience in budget preparation processes :: Reorganization and change management
* Team Building
Commercial Director, Flavours Division Andean, Central America and the Caribbean Regions From to December ,
Directly in charge of the operation, strategies and business development in the area under responsibility reports. Firmenich is a company that is renown in the flavor market and is one of the major suppliers of novel concepts and technologies for clients in the food and beverage sectors. Reported to the Sales Vice President for Latam, who is based in Sao Paulo, Brasil.
* Achieved an important increase in sales, specially in the beverages segment well above the average market growth rate, as well as in profitability for the Company.
* Identification of opportunities and design strategies with their best alternatives, covering multicultural diversity and taste preferences throughout the area of responsibility.
* Member of the category cometee for the beverages in Latam Zone, in charge on the developing ideas, strategies and actions for these products.
* Management and direct reporting of the Marketing, Sales and Technical area resources, seeking satisfaction of the work team while identifying the needs of our clients.
* Internal and external identification of consumer needs, developing relationships along the Regions.
* Generated innovative solutions assessing different options for problem solving and validation of opportunities. .
* Promotion of team work through examples to be followed. Creation of multidisciplinary work groups and high performance units where growth was achieved.
* Promoted dissemination of learning&;s obtained by members of the team, sharing successful cases and learning from work errors to avoid repeating them. This allowed the identification and development of skills and talents within the team.
Account Manager Flavours Division, Firmenich thru
Directly responsible for the development and service to strategic and regional clients in the area of responsibility. Sales of USD Mio. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director for the Andean, Central America and the Caribbean regions.
:: Increased sales in the market assigned and development of the accounts for a period of five years, generating new businesses with most of the Key Accounts and regional clients.
:: Optimization of the portfolio or references purchased by the clients, achieving for the Company a reduction of operation costs and increasing profitability by to %.
Griffith Laboratories Bogotá Colombia thru
* Technical Sales in Colombia
Promotion and sales of the different technologies and products for diverse clients, one of them being the major meat processing group in the country, as well as snack companies. Business development.
Productos Quaker S.A. Cali Colombia thru
* Research and Development Engineer
Development and generation of innovative solutions for the different brands in the Quaker portfolio among them, FrescAvena, Areparina, Torta Quaker, Toddy, Gatorade.
* Food Engineering Degree Fundación Universidad de Bogotá Jorge Tadeo Lozano
* Post graduate studies in Marketing at EAFIT Bogotá
* Several training and courses at Firmenich on: Coaching, Negotiation, Leadership, Finance, Development Management Talent.
* Advanced Negotiation: "Simply the Best".
:: Member of the Board of Directors of the Flavours and Fragrances Chamber of ANDI National Association of Industrialists in Colombia.
:: Professional active member of the Institute of Food Technologists IFT, Chicago, E.U.A., since
:: Nationality: Colombian
Languages: Spanish, English
Hobbies: Squash, gym workout and travel
References will be provided upon request.