[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Tom Hebert Road Lake Charles, LA
Seasoned Process Operator and Supervisor with a proven ability to oversee and manage daily refinery
process operations. Solid problem solver with a strong ability to anticipate problems and solve them before
they become issues. Train and manage crews in / industrial environments so that work gets completed
safely and correctly.
• Promoted to supervise units from based on ability to lead teams, plan effectively and handle
• Supervised crews of up to in a variety of units and departments.
• Familiar with and able to operate many kinds of equipment safely, including scheduling maintenance, performing
minor maintenance and maintaining good operating status.
Hovensa, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
Previously a Hess facility, Hovensa is one of the top ten largest refineries in the world.
• Supervised eight operating units and oversaw their product quality and all environmental concerns.
• Reported to Area Manager and Area Superintendant.
• As Field Supervisor, managed a team of eleven Operators.
• Received promotion to Console Supervisor, overseeing a crew of eight Console Operators.
• Managed daily job planning and performance, including meetings with Engineers and Plant Maintenance.
• Ran safety meetings with operators to pretask each job to be performed.
Westlake Petrochemicals, Lake Charles, LA
Westlake is a quality manufacturer and global supplier of petrochemicals, plastics and fabricated products.
• As Acting Supervisor, directed a team of nine operators.
• Worked with steam turbines, compressors, boilers, cooling towers, and water purification units and as a DCS
• Conducted water sample testing to ensure they met specifications.
• Performed equipment lock out/tag out for maintenance.
• Tested and loaded ships, barges, trucks and rail cars at the Marine Terminal.
• Assisted in the startup and commissioning of the styrene unit.
Hess Oil, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
• Safely operated plant equipment, including pumps, compressors, fin fans, heaters, control valves.
• Took unit readings, prepared equipment for maintenance and performed minor maintenance as required.
• Promoted and worked in the Control Room as a Board Operator.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
Minerva College Port of Spain, Trinidad
Electronics Training Fort Gordon, GA
Certified Forklift Operator
Certified First Responder, State of Louisiana