[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Zaki M. Zaki
Saint Genie Square Kafr Abdu Flat , Alexandria
EMAIL , and
Date of Birth
Internal Training Conducted:
B.Sc in Chemical Engineering in, from
Cairo University, Faculty of Engineering.
I have worked in:
El Nasr Petroleum Refinery from // until //.
From //// as Shift Engineer in Crude oil & Petroleum products movement section.
From //// in Production Planning.
From //// in Programming Department as Senior Operation Programmer.
Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company ADMAOPCO from // until // in the Storage & Export section.
From // // as a Shift Supervisor.
From //// as a Day Training Supervisor.
From //// as Senior Day Supervisor from ////.
*From //// as a Storage & Export engineer.
For involvement & responsibilities of storage & export engineer in details, please refer to the following page.
From // till // as Training& Safety Manager.
Alex carbon Black Co.S.A.E is multinational company petrochemical industry, ISO, ISO, QS, certified TPM award, OHSAS ISO, ISO/TS and TQM "total quality management"
I participated in development of HR management through upgrading performance management system, competency evaluation& up grading suggestion scheme, incentive scheme& implementation of "TQM" total quality management system organization development and recruitment process.
*From // till // joint MIDOM "Middle East company for Operation& Maintenance of Hydro Carbon Industries" as a Quality Manager with the following responsibilities:
* Establishing and administering the Refinery Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality HSEQ Management System documentation and ensures the control of the HSEQ records.
* Encourage management support for HSEQ initiatives.
* Controls the HSEQ Management System documentation.
* Train Refinery Employees for HSEQ Activities
* Organizing internal audits of Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
* Follow up audits&; corrective and preventative actions ensuring their implementation.
* Responsible for the Refinery Site Incident Reports categorizing, logging, and reporting.
* Organizing and participating in HSEQ Management System Reviews.
From // signed a new contract to work as Chair man&;s consultant for Quality Assurance
* Communication & Interpersonal Skills
* Quality audit
* Risk assessment& management
* Process Hazard Analysis "PHA"
* Hazard and Operability "HAZOP"
* Better Communication & Human Relations at the Workplace
* Executive Communication Program
* Communication Techniques for Today&;s Manager
* Communicating to Reduce Stress on the Job
* Work planning and performance Management System
Conducting Overseas Training
* Twice in July& December, : conducted " Managing Employee Safety & Health Refineries MESH" to Sohar Refinery Shift Employees
* On April& June conducted" Safety Mgt. Thru. Change Behavior" for Sohar Refinery Management Team.
* On Sept. conducted "Refinery Economics" for Operation, Operation Programmer and Management Team in Sohar Refinery
* April, June conducted "Refinery Economics" for Operation, Operation Programmer and Management Team Qatar Petroleum in Doha Qatar
* Oil Loss Control System Capability and Technology Application for Custody Transfers and Mass Balance"; in Kuala Lumpur in the period //
* "Bulk Liquid Storage Tank": in Kuala Lumpur in the period Oct.,
* "Safety Mgt. Thru. Change Behavior" for Sohar Refinery; Management Team in July
* "Oil Movement, Storage & Troubleshooting" conducted in Yemen for Nexen Dec.
* "Oil Movement, Storage & Troubleshooting" conducted in Kuwait for KNPC in Jan.
* "Risk Management" conducted in Kuwait for KOC in Feb/March. contract for times attended so far
* External training attended:
+ Measurement and control of crude oil and petroleum products by SGS Redwood at Geneva, .
+ Management Training at UAE by UMC from // to //.
+ Appraisal Interviewing Skills at UAE by PST from // to //.
+ Education in Hazardous Area Operation at UAE by SIR from // to //.
+ Ruston Gas Turbine Maintenance& Operation by RGT at UAE from // to //.
+ Enriching your management styleThe Degree Way in Dr/ T.V.Rao Management centre Hiderabad India .
+ Managerial assessment of proficiency "MAP" at "Gyanodaya" Management training centre of AdityaBerla Group at Bombay .
+ Train the trainer Workshop to catalyze learning & change , at "Gyanodaya".
. Six Sigma Green Belt Training at ACBC by PMG India.
. ISO : Quality systems Lead Auditors Training by SGS IRCA Certified Course No.: A with successfully passed Grade A+, in .
. OHSAS : Occupational health and Safety Lead Auditors Training by SGS IRCA Certified Course on //.
Work Responsibilities for HSEQ Manager with MIDOM
Administer the Refinery Health, Safety and Quality HSEQ Management System
* Control the updating and issue of the refinery HSEQ manuals
* Maintain master copies of refinery HSEQ manuals
* Notify amendments to departments and key focal points and retain amendments on file for not less than one year
* Administer and control the distribution of HSEQ management system documents
* Through the relevant departmental managers, ensure that HSEQ management system records are properly maintained
* Organize and Participate in HSEQ Management System Reviews
* Agree and publish the dates of meetings at the beginning of each year
* Prepare a review of the previous meeting&;s minutes and of outstanding actions
* Report on the status of current quality initiatives
* Report on the results of internal and external audits
* Report on the status of HSEQ incidents Site Incident Reports SIR:
Sets the requirements for the reporting, logging, investigation, followup & close out of all HSEQ incidents and establishes the criteria for identification and reporting of types and categories of incidents.
It is applicable to all departments and sections within the refinery organization
To facilitate the process of continual improvement all incidents reported shall be assigned a level of investigation, which is commensurate with the risk presented by the incident to personnel, the environment, or the business. The results of the investigation together with any actions or preventive measures proposed will be recorded. When agreed actions have been completed and are confirmed as effective, the incident will be closed.
Organize Internal Audits
* Prepare and publish the schedule of internal HSEQ audits
* Identify the elements of the system to be included in the scope of each audit
* Ensure that all departments are audited at least every six months
* Organize unscheduled audits as required by the Refinery Manager
* Follow up audits to ensure corrective and preventative actions have been implemented
Coordinate Quality initiatives
* Together with the relevant departmental managers, plan the implementation of initiatives which have been identified and approved by the Management System Review Committee
* Monitor the progress of these initiatives and report progress at the Management System Review
* Follow up initiatives to ensure closeout has been completed satisfactorily
Motivate and Train Refinery Personnel
* Participate in the development of HSEQ Management System training packages
* Prepare and deliver training modules as appropriate
* Provide training for Refinery personnel as internal auditors
* Conduct SIR "Site Incident Reporting" Training on weekly basis for all Refinery employees once per year.
* Covering all Shift Operation Employees Twice/ year Training in the following Topics:
* HESQ Management System "Procedure, Manuals& Work Instruction implementations.
* SIR "Site Incident Reporting" Reporting, Follow up and Close out.
* Self Internal Auditing Teams.
Support Refinery HSEQ Systems
* Promote the refinery HSEQ system by ensuring an open and positive approach when conducting audits and reviews
* Encourage management support for HSEQ initiatives
* Promote HSEQ awareness
* Ensure any visitors are properly supervised and follow safety procedures while on company property
* Lead by example when conducting audits or site visits, and ensure all members of audit teams set high standards of safe working
As MIDOM&;s Management Representative the company has achieved the accreditation of ISO : and OHSAS on // by SGS Société Générale de Surveillance SA SGS SA.and ISO : on// by SGS Société Générale de Surveillance SA SGS SA.
Key Responsibilities for Training& Safety Manager "Alexandria
Carbon Black CO"
* Coordinate with HOD&;s for identifying training needs for their subordinates.
* Arrange & provide training as required per ISO , QS & TPM Total Productive Maintenance procedure.
* Performs hazards evaluation work related to process units as well as process plant modifications using HAZOP study.
* Coordinates all Plant HAZOP Committee meetings and communicates/ Coordinates formation of HAZOP study subcommittees
* Full responsibility for the role as envisaged by Safety, Health and Environment Management System SHEMS
* Plan for training calendar, by st December of each year.
* Prepare & update statistics & provide a feedback on training effectiveness.
* Evaluate the training provided towards achievements of organization goals, & the future development plans.
* Chair Group Risk Assessment Meeting
* Review the work of staff and ensure that it complies with Company policies and procedures.
* Ensure the availability of required resources to carry out all the tasks related to safety & environment
* To provide practical advice on all aspects related to career development of all newly recruited Engineers/Technicians.
* Plan develop Task Orientation program for each individual discipline.
* Keep in touch with the latest visual / audio aids available for improvement teaching techniques & liaise with local/external training organizations to select the most effective training programs for employee&;s development.
* Ensure effective implementation of career development plans& provide a regular feed back to management.
* Participate in implementation competency based program for all company staff to evaluate their present task performance competency against standard bench marking, develop a polar diagram for each individual.
* Participate in recruitment committee for selection interview.
* Participate in HR tasks force for identification of KPI&;s key performance Indicators of all company roles to implement performance management system.
* Implement induction training program & mentor selection.
* Coordinate all work for suggestion scheme to ensure effective implementation.
* Participate in monthly auditing & evaluation of Incentive scheme department&;s criteria.
* Participate in all other activities, presentations, etc as management representatives.
. Work Responsibilities: For Storage& Export Engineer with "ADMAOPCO
Supervise efficient operations in Storage and Export Section for storage and efficient export of crude oil from Das. Supervises comprehensive agency activities and ensures proper maintenance of facilities.
There are tanks with total capacity of /= M. barrels, plus bunker fuel tanks and one condensate. The loading pumps are computer controlled driven by gas turbines. There are control rooms and separators. Crude oil lines are and up to shore value controlled by meter skid. Tankers are visiting Das minimum of per month.
. Work Performed:
* Plans, and supervises the activities of assigned personnel in Storage & Export Section.
* Performs supervisory functions and exercises responsibility at the Unit Head level as established by Management.
II Planning Activities:
* Receives expected dates of tankers arrival from Senior Operations Programmer SOP.
* Receives daily production rates from Process Section.
Iii Synchronizes targeted, levels of export with those of production, highlighting any deficiencies / excessive levels to Supervisors
III. Control of Work:
a Tours the tank farm, control rooms, loading pumps daily to ensure compliance with set programs and orderly and safe operations,
b Ensures and participates in production of timely/orderly of daily reports such as capacity, crude oil levels, weather, etc.
c Checks personally a certain computer readings for loading crude oil tankers.
d Attends with representatives of the Supreme Petroleum Council SPC analytical tests of crude oil conducted in Oil Laboratory. Authorizes certificate of quality and resolves any operational problems in the laboratory.
e Communicationcoordinates with Marine Section on Das various tankers/ships movement in Das Port ensuring availability of berths for due tankers.
f Initials hot, cold, entry and excavation work permits for Supervisor&;s signature.
g Participates in regular safety meetings and tours the tank farm to ensure compliance with safety rules and regulations and promote awareness of subordinates on it.
IV. Maintenance Role
* Supervises implementation of planned maintenance schedule ensuring safe, economic and that Production Operations are not interrupted,
* Authorizes all work/service requests by subordinates for repairs.
* Tests and accepts completed work.
* Participates in scheduling major shutdown maintenance
* Studies and initiates modifications to facilities.
* Writes scope of work supplying sketches.
* Agrees such modifications with discipline engineers on Das and justifies major modifications to Engineering Division.
* Comments on engineering package ensuring operational requirements are included.
* Monitors implementation and accepts completed work.
VI. Shipping Agency Activities:
* Supervises and controls the activities of shipping agency to all tankers/ships in Das port.
* Checks for accuracy and signs all disbursement accounts, oil loading, shipping documents, port dues prior and after Master&;s signature.
* Authorities all accounts to Finance Division / Agents.
* Ensures timely production of Berth Occupancy Report
VII. Coordination Function:
* Liaises with Operations Programmer / Oil Movement Controller on crude level, export program, arrival / departure of tankers and queries from shareholders.
* Liaises with Government oil Inspector and Petroleum Authority personnel on quality of oil, quantities exported, documentation of tankers, port dues and movement of ships.
* Attends Department Morning Coordination meetings to coordinates
* Operational activities within Department.
III. Safety Role:
* Followsup the implementation of the Division&;s Annual Safety Program.
* Supervises and ensures compliance with allocated tasks required by the audit team of the International Safety Rating Systems ISRS.
iii. Updates the safety procedures within the Storex Area.
iv. Ensures that appropriate and safe house keeping is always maintained and issues instructions / work orders to repair / service safety and near miss items.
* Other related work:
Performs other related duties such as: participating in preparing the Department&;s capital and operating budgets, studying , analyzing and commenting on modes of operations , procedures , code of practices recommending enhancement , Telexing daily status of operation in the Section to SOP ...etc .
. Work Relations:
Daily contacts with Senior Operations programmer to coordinate crude export ships movement and queries from shareholders
* Daily contacts with SPC representatives / Abu Dhabi Port authorities on Das on quality / quantity of oil movement of ships and port dues.
* Frequent contacts with Marine / Process Section&;s personnel at own level to coordinate activities.
* Frequent contacts with discipline, engineers / Engineering Division on maintenance, specification and standards.