Resume for Hatem M. for Quality Assurance / Control / Chemicals & Petro-Chemicals in Cairo, Egypt
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Hatem Said M.
Mohamed Youssef Selim, El Hegaz Square
Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt
A challenging career in the field of quality control, quality systems and manufacturing, whereby
my technical and interpersonal skills can be applied and further developed.
Bachelors of Science, the American university in Cairo AUC, Egypt, February
> Major: Chemistry
> Minor: Clinical Analysis
> Course work: Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical and Analytical
> Thanaweya Amma Certificate of Secondary Education, St George College,
Career Related Experience
o Quality Manager, Dow Chemicals, June present
• Develop plans to implement business supported quality systems
• Provides expertise & support on Manage Product Quality Work process
• Implement and follow up on ISO/ quality systems
• Develop and maintain specifications for raw materials, production, contract manufacturing and packaging
• Manages the quality assurance product and raw materials responsibility
• Help solve customers quality problems
• Responsible for performing an annual internal audit on behalf of Dow global to assure conformance to the
procedures and policies necessary to ensure customer needs are met
• Participates in audits of other businesses to share knowledge and experiences across business
• IRCA registered lead/ internal auditor May .
o Senior Chemist, Quality Assurance, Egyptian Cement Company, Jan May
• Algeria from Sept. till Nov
o Traveled to The Algerian Cement Company to help in the lab commissioning of
the M’esila cement site
o Training the Algerian Chemists team on our quality system.
o Solving all problems concerning the quality of the raw materials.
o Responsible for receiving new lab instruments and holding training sessions for
chemists and technicians on how to use such instruments.
• Responsible for inspecting and performing several tests and experiments on all raw materials
received by the factory.
• Responsible for assuring the quality of the finished products of cement
• Responsible for the analysis of all the raw material samples received from our new projects
outside Egypt Iraq, Pakistan, Algeria, UAE…etc
• Inspecting new clay sample and other raw materials for opening new clay and raw materials
• Searching for new suppliers for raw materials sand, iron, gypsum…etc and test for the
• Assisted in designing the factory internal audit process plan.
• As a lead auditor I am responsible for implementing, monitoring and improving the quality
• Training in Switzerland for one week on the cement process manufacturing and the new ways
that are introduced to increase cement productivity, quality and profitability.
• Training in Switzerland for one week on a software QSO software May that enables
me to acquire the ability to evaluate potentials for cost savings, quality improvements and
utilization of raw material resources by optimized long,
medium and shortterm planning
• A three days workshop on Internal QMS auditor training course and ISO : series foundation training
course th – th May .
• Workshop for one month on Portland cement concrete at The American University In Cairo May th June
Shift Chemist, Quality Control, Egyptian Cement Company, Nov Jan
Acquired the knowledge of different quality control operations.
Responsible for performing tests and experiments over cement and giving decision concerning their qualities.
• Test for the percentage of chloride in cement.
• Test for the percentage of sulfate using the Leco instrument.
• Operate over Xray instruments and responsible for calibrating them.
• Responsible for calibrating all laboratory equipments
Quality Control Chemist, Al Ahram Beverages, May Nov
Acquired the knowledge of different quality control operations in factory department.
Responsible for performing tests and experiments on the beer and giving decisions concerning the beer
Responsible for tasting different kinds of beer and deciding whether they meet our standards or not.
• Responsible for calibrating all the laboratory equipment.
• Tested and analyzed for the ideal standards of water.
• Assisted in evaluating the efficiency of labs in all Al Ahram Beverages
• Acquired the knowledge of installing lab equipment and tools.
Extra Curricular Activities
President, Chemistry Society, AUC, Egypt, September June
. Assisted in constructing a computer lab for chemistry students
. Assisted in recruiting new members for the chemistry society
. Organized several club events such as Clubs day on campus
. Awarded the certificate of merit for my activities.
Assistant, AUC library, Current Periodicals section, Egypt, Sept. June
Assisted students in finding the reading sources and guided them
Participated in library work photocopying, shelving…etc
. Excellent knowledge of IBM operations: MS office, Windows.
. Good Knowledge of Macintosh.
. Internet applications: MS explorer and E mail.
Fluent in Spoken and written English and Arabic
Date of Birth: June ,
Place of Birth: Egypt
Marital Status: Married and have two children
Military Service: Exempted
References Furnished Upon Request.
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!