Demonstrated outstanding leadership through establishment of company’s training center as Virginia
approved GED Training and Testing Center; accredited Craft Training and Assessment Center for National
Center for Construction Education and Research NCCER; and adjunct campus of Mountain Empire
JOSEPH E. H., SR., CHMM, CSE Page
• Registered craft apprenticeship programs with Virginia Department of Labor and Industry for $.B,
megawatt power plant project for Dominion.
• Obtained $, in grants through partnerships with several communitybased organizations
following the withdrawal of the training budget by the client, resulting in the creation of a worldclass
• Appointed by Virginia’s Governor Tim Kaine to serve on the Virginia Workforce Investment Board and
Vice Chair of the Virginia Energy Workforce Consortium.
• Received award from Regional Adult Education Director for developing a GED program at the project
COMPETITIVE INSIGHTS d.b.a. BEST Institute Inc. Garland, Texas –
Corporate Consulting and Training Organization
Provided strategic planning and other critical corporate training initiatives to Clients. Negotiated and fulfilled
year, $M contract as a thirdtier subcontractor to the $.B DallasFort Worth International Airport
expansion project. Forged and executed the Airport Safety Training Program, recognized by OSHA as
largest construction safety training program in U.S. history as of with engagement of more than
, workers. Oversaw construction of training facility, and recruited and trained administrative staff
and bilingual Instructors. Designed English and Spanish instructorled and computerbased curricula,
including materials for , nonEnglish speaking, functionally illiterate, construction workers.
• Slashed DallasFort Worth International Airport accident incident rate from . to ..