applications using Microsoft.NET to maintain the data mart. He also implemented Microsoft VBA Excel
functions for pulling data from Allstate’s Data Mart.
• Implemented the regional office’s first Intranetbased web portal, for employees to easily access
company information and sales reports.
• Managed the regional office’s SharePoint portal, where employee information, document
repository and systems information data was housed; adding enhancements to the SharePoint forms
IHS, Inc., Englewood, Colorado to
eBusiness Marketing Web Administrator
Amar played a key role in the redesign of the company’s web site . Designed the
template structure, menu navigation and functionality, as well as assisted the eBusiness team in deploying
updated content to the new site via a Javabased content management system. Amar succeeded in
meeting the deadline for posting the new publicfacing web site before the company went public
• Installed and managed gathering web statistics using WebSideStory’s HitBox webbased user
analysis tool on IHS Inc. web sites , and
• Amar used, DHTML, HTML, CSS, PHP and Visual Basic as part of the web site redesign and
dynamic content publishing.
IHS, Inc,, Englewood, Colorado to
Amar was responsible for the design of an intranet based selling tool to increase company revenue, to
track revenue and provide a valuable, onestop information source for the sales force. This includes
working with the Information Technology group to utilize the latest technology and security in accordance
with company policy. He was responsible for the development, maintenance and the publishing of content
to the company’s Intranetbased web site called WEBPort.
• Amar was one of the original role players in the design, development and creation of the
company’s first intranet portal WEBPort, this tool provided a valuable information resource for all
employees worldwide who in turn help them better their job performance. Due to budget constraints,
WEBPort was written entirely using Open Source software, such as PHP, and house on a Linux
• Implemented and managed the Crystal Enterprise/Reports system, a key tool used by company
executives for measuring company performance as well as part of the webbased sales infrastructure,
where revenue leads are reported.
IMS Medacom Colorado, Golden, Colorado to
Windows NT Network Administrator
Amar’s role was to maintain the medical database server, which stored patient records and billing
information. Was the key point of contact when deploying the Medacom software to local doctor’s offices
and clinics throughout the Denver metropolitan area. He scheduled weekly "pushes" of software updates
from the primary server to the client offices. Required regular table updates which were in SQL format to
add new client offices.
• Amar was tasked to test the Medacom software under a variety of platforms, including SCO Linux,
Solaris, UNIX and Windows ..
• He used his knowledge of telephony and networking to ensure modem bank stability and the data
was being successfully sent to doctor’s offices and hospitals.
Standard & Poor’s Compustat, Englewood, Colorado to
nd Shift Systems Operator
Amar was responsible for the procedural documentation of the PC PLUS production system. This
production system provided Fortune clients with the latest stock quotes and market trends from the
past week’s activity and is bundled with the PC PLUS software for clients to make market predictions.