[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Craig A. B.
Hague Avenue, St Paul, MN
Chief Information Officer and Technology Executive
Chief Information Officer that excels in companies engaged in global transformation, IS turnarounds, and merger integration. Operating committee member and trusted partner of line business executives, who possesses deep experience in multinational chemical, automotive, and Consumer Product Goods CPG companies. Most recently led business transformation project which drives $ million to the bottom line. A strong team and organizational leader with proven ability to develop and manage high performing worldclass organizations.
Lawson Software Inc. Present
Lawson Software is the third highest revenue ERP vendor in the world. With over customers in markets ranging from health care to heavy manufacuring and food with over products and people world wide, it is a diversified software firm with businesses on all continents in software and consulting services.
Senior Vice President and CIO
Responsible for all corporate information technology including support for product development, global product support and all finance and back office systems of the global enterprise. The company has over core applications and runs data centers in the Philipeans, EMEA and the United States. In all there are over servers and approximately hosts in the production enviornment.
* Rescued failing ERP implementation and drove single system supporting all lines of business in all geographies in first months.
* Developed and implemented profit management systems supporting vertical business units. Moved from Geographical / product line reporting and management structure to vertical market orientation in months.
* Reduced overall costs by % during the same period.
* Reorganized ITS to customer centered organzation and upgraded staff to meet business needs for all customers.
* Built out and integrated off shoring development and support organization in Manila including / support for customer support.
* Improved data center availability from % to % in one year by selective upgrade of key envionmental facilities.
* In process of moving production and / systems facilities to high availability Co location facility and building out disaster recovery capability.
Alix Partners is a + person, $M consulting and venture capital firm focusing in corporate turnaround and transitions. Alix Partners is the leading bankruptcy reorganization firm recognized globally for its turnaround of major manufacturing, retailing, energy, financial services and distribution.
Responsible for business development, practice development and delivery of consulting services to major turnaround clients.
Assignments included the transformation and re engineering of key financial processes for a major oil exploration, refining and marketing company. Results include % reduction in variance between forecast and actual financial results for this global integrated energy company.
Managed the merger and integration of three `hot shot trucking companies&; for venture firm. Improved cash flow during IT merger by re engineering the billing process to take day float from delivery to invoice period.
Drove % IT cost reduction in Electronic Game distributor as part of a pre filing engagement.
Craig A. B., Page
Cabot Corporation, Boston MA
Cabot Corporation is a $ billion global specialty chemicals and materials company with manufacturing facilities and locations in countries worldwide, headquartered in Boston, MA. Cabot&;s major products include: carbon black, fumed silica, inkjet colorants, capacitor materials, and cesium formate drilling fluids.
Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Responsible for all aspects of Information Technology worldwide, with a budget of $ million and staff of in all locations worldwide. Directly responsible for business and technology strategy and direction, support of all business functions worldwide with global applications ERP, CRM, SCP, MES, Quality, Business Intelligence, and eBusiness, operation and management of global data centers in North America and Europe, global networking and support for , servers and , distributed users.
* Led the transformation of Global Systems and Business Processes. Led $ million, person project to globally reengineer core processes, build regional shared services centers, and establish globally standard management information. Implemented and integrated suites of software supporting all of the core business functions of the company. This effort drives the company&;s `Excellence Initiative&; targeted with contributing $ million annually to the bottom line. Recognition included: awards for innovation and enterprise value from CIO Magazine CIO and InformationWeek Information Week .
* Transformed the organization structure, IS leadership and management systems from dispersed, autonomous groups of IS personnel into an effective, leading edge organization, working in partnership with business management. This organization has been rated among ComputerWorld&;s `Best Places to Work&; for five consecutive years, twice being rated in the United States and once rated globally.
* Led the eBusiness strategy and direction to develop and launch multiple generations of the company&;s website, last year winning award for being in the best websites in US business by eBusiness Magazine.
* Rationalized global infrastructure and reduced costs. Established global data centers in North America and Europe, consolidating regional networks and plantbased operations into focused operations centers and a global network supporting all locations and businesses worldwide while increasing capacity four times and reducing infrastructure cost by %.
Director, Information Systems Planning
Recruited by the President and CIO of Cabot to develop strategic plans, work with the business and regional IS organization, setting direction, exploiting opportunities for synergy and establishing plans and budgets to support business operations.
* Established global `IS council&; for governance of global organization. Drove decisions on standards for infrastructure, desktop software, telecommunications and networking.
* Transformed the architecture from islands of custom developed legacy applications to standardized packaged software resulting in reduced costs and better management information across the business.
* Developed IS planning and budgeting methodology which led to alignment of initiatives with business goals and better management of cost structure. Negotiated global software contracts which reduced acquisition costs over % as compared to locally negotiated contracts.
CSC Index, Boston, MA
CSC is a $ billion global services company, with practice areas in consulting, outsourcing and systems integration with over K employees and offices in countries. Recruited to be a Senior Consultant in the firm&;s IT Strategy and Architecture practice.
One of the company&;s senior consulting staff in the areas of business reengineering, IT Strategy, business alignment, management assessment, and utilizing information technology for competitive advantage. Performed dozens of engagements with leading edge companies including HoechstCelanese, Burlington Industries, Unum Insurance, Sara Lee, RJ Reynolds, Hallmark and PepsiCo.
Craig A. B., Page
CSC Index, Boston, MA
ReEngineering and Business Process Management
Consulted with leading companies in the area of business process reengineering and breakthrough performance improvement. Engagements included:
* Overhead and back office reengineering for a `top &; soft drink manufacturer and distributor, reducing overhead costs by more than $ million per year.
* Product development and `timetomarket&; compression for a specialty greeting card manufacturer reducing the time to `turn over&; , sku&;s from months to months.
IS Strategic Planning, Business Alignment and Portfolio Management
Sold and delivered many engagements in manufacturing and financial services industries. Typical engagements resulted in improved business performance and management&;s ability to understand the value of investment in IT. Engagements included:
* For multiple automotive suppliers, developed IS plans that linked these Tier suppliers to their OEM&;s. Results included improved systems direction aligned with OEM needs which led to improved operations and management, and improved customer relationships and `Job &; supplier quality ratings.
* For multiple pharmaceutical companies, identified systems opportunities impacting `timetomarket&; reduction in NDA New Drug Application cycle time, enabling companies to increase revenues because they can keep drugs on the market longer and maintain patent protection.
* Developed IS direction for global agricultural chemical company, to better manage field inventory, reducing out of stock conditions and customer returns for unsold inventory, resulting in $ million improvement in business results.
Merger Integration and IS cost reduction
* Developed postmerger integration strategies for global pharmaceuticals and chemicals firm. Effort reduced IS costs for the merged company by % through consolidation, best practice and application integration.
* Sold and performed many engagements in textile, consumer packaged goods, automotive and financial services industries typically reducing costs by %.
* Delivered outsourcing project for large fashion retailer reducing costs and improving service levels.
IS Effectiveness Review and Assessment
* Developed evaluations of IS effectiveness and efficiency for clients in many industries. Developed `turnaround&; strategies and served as interim IS executive in firms while transitions were in progress.
Technology and Systems Architecture
* Refined the company&;s technology architecture practice area for the firm and consulted with Fortune companies in automotive, textile, chemicals, banking, and insurance industries.
Touche Ross and Co. now Deloitte, Minneapolis, MN
A global services firm of , people with operations in countries with practice areas in audit, management consulting, systems integration, financial advisory and tax.
Responsible for management restructuring of a global moving and storage company. Areas of work included evaluation and rationalization of the MIS, financial and other general and administrative functions. Work resulted in the streamlining of operations, reducing costs and packaging of divisions for sale or divestiture.
Craig A. B., Page
Economics Laboratory Ecolab, St Paul, MN
Ecolab is a Fortune specialty chemicals manufacturer and is the world leader in premium commercial cleaning and sanitizing, with $. billion in global sales with sales in countries and , associates.
Manager, System Services
Maintained planning, data management and decision support systems responsibilities and added responsibility for technical support, network management and capacity planning.
* Managed the turnaround in the technical support function of during a period of intense application implementation avoiding problems which would have resulted in serious business disruption.
Manager, Information Technology Planning and Support
Responsible for the Information Center business intelligence, rapid applications development, decision support systems, database administration and applications planning.
General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, MN
A diversified, $ billion consumer packaged goods company with operations throughout the United States.
Responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of business applications for the Consumer Foods division.
Rockwell International, Space Division, Seal Beach, CA
Aerospace and defense company.
* Developed online applications for production management, logistics, procurement and contract administration for the Space Shuttle program.
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
MBA Specialty in MIS
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
BS Business Operations Research and Marketing
Conference Board Portfolio management and Value of investments in IT
Chemical Week National Conference Implementation Success and Benefits Realization in Global ERP implementation
JDE Users Group ERP and EAI impact in running a `real time&; business
Recognition and Awards
CIO Magazine CIO Enterprise Value award winner
Computer World Best place to work in IT
Ranked nd twice and Globally in