[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
|Name: Meera R. | IBM Websphere Datastage Certified |
| |Professional |
|Email: | |
| Rollingbrook | |
|Dr,Charlotte,NC, | |
| | |
|Phone: | |
• An ETL developer with Expert experience in IT and extensive ETL tool experience using
IBM Websphere Datastage ..x/., Parallel Extender, Web technologies and databases.
• Expertise in data warehousing and data migration, data modeling, data validation,data
administration and extracting data from legacy systems, DB/SQL Server Databases.
• Expertise in Datastage Administration and Release Management. Have extensive
experience in debugging DS codes, maintaining projects through DS Administrator,
managing DS servers/environments, extensively worked on DS director and manager for
checking server logs and taking backup of projects.
• Extensive knowledge in gathering business requirements, documenting them, and
converting them into robust system designs. Experience in documenting high level design
and the detail design per the requirements.
• Experience in evolving strategies and developing architecture for building a data
warehouse and designing with implementation of Star, Snowflake schemas and multi
• Experience in DataStage Parallel Extender Formerly known as DataStage PX for
Parallel Processing to improve job performance while working with bulk data.
• Experience in development of parallel jobs on Parallel Extender framework for high
volume data processing on multiple nodes.
• Experience in tuning parallel jobs and deciding partitioning strategies etc, and
development and debugging skills.
• Tuned Jobs using various configurations by understanding its complexity during volume
testing before moving to production.
• Proficient in automating routine tasks using Unix Shell Scripts.
• Experience in integration of various data source like DB, SQL Server, and MS Access
onto staging area.
• Experience with Datastage PX/Server, Unix, SQL, shellscripting.Websphere Admin, DB
and HP Quality Center.
• Expertise in developing reusable mappings and transformations for Error logging
mechanism for Extraction, Transformation& Loading implementations ETL.
• Have good experience in Data stage development and Administration activities.
• Have working knowledge of all phases of software design lifecycle management and
implementation. Ability to develop and track a project from inception to deployment.
• Have experience working in Workflow Manager, Repository Manager, Workflow monitor
to solve server downtime issues, permission issues, user administration issues in
• In depth experience with program design, specification development, program logic, flow
charting, testing debugging and documentation Web front end development projects.
• Highly resourceful, creative problemsolver with aptitude to analyze and translate complex
customer requirements and business problems and design/implement innovative custom
• Ability to learn quickly, well coupled with a friendly and open disposition.
• Highly motivated and hard working individual with strong communication, analytical and
• Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of banking, finance, investment and healthcare domain.
Bachelor of Engineering from National Institute of Technology Calicut
Operating Systems : UNIX Sun Solaris ., AIX, Windows //XP
Languages : Basics of C, Shell Scripting, HTML, SQL
Data Warehousing Tool : IBM WebSphere .x/ DATASTAGE – Designer, Director, Manager,
Administrator, Parallel Extender, Informatica Workflow Manager, Repository Manager, and
Database Tools : SQL, WINSQL, TOAD
Database : DB, Oracle,SQL Server, MS Access
Data Modeling : Erwin, Logical and Physical Data Modeling
Testing Tools : DW TestingHP Mercury Quality Center
Client : Kaiser Permanente Charlotte, NC Oct – July
Role : Datastage Senior Developer/Analyst
NPS TechArch team is solely responsible for the maintenance of the NPS environments. The team
need to perform Build, Code Migration activities apart from the administration of Websphere,
Data stage Servers and DB database.
• Developed data integration and migration strategies, reusable design and code templates.
• Built sample deliverables in BI&DW space and Application Integration Architecture
• Developed reusable mappings and transformations for Error logging mechanism for Extraction,
Transformation& Loading implementations
• Conducted SME reviews to ensure coding standards and best practices.
• Design, package, and build new environments for DataStage v..
• Supported new projects in settingup the code templates, checklists, standards and best practices.
• Involved in datastage administration by managing DS
projects through DS Administrator ,setting up of environment and user defined
monitoring server logs and migration of codes across various environments.
• Developed scripts to manage the space in the DS servers,making use of the orchadmin
utility to manage datasets in the server to facilitate enough server space.
• Added new projects and assigned the user roles and permissions, via.
Datastage administrator as well as troubleshooting and resolving any
issues with respect to the datastage server.
• Used DataStage – Director to Run and Monitor and check for any errors in the Jobs after
• Used Datastage Manager to take datastage project backups and creating
• Create CPU graphs and resource utilization graphs to make sure that the environment
• Use Service Management Suite to create and track Operation Requests.
• Gathering the business requirements by interacting with users and the business team in identifying the
business rules and documenting them.
• Documenting the technical design highlevel and setting up a development layout plan and assigning the
task series to the developers.
• Trained the offshore team and assigned the existing development tasks and scheduled queries to include the
business changes and managed to get the status updates.
• Designed and developed the DataStage jobs and sequencers as per the mappings with best
practices, for extraction and transformation of data for the new and the existing sites on
version .. per the standards for migration.
• Coordinated with the DBA team to implement physical models and to setup development,
test, and also to fix server issues related in the production environment.
• Monitored the daily production data processing for the Orders and the Sales Data
Warehouses and then loading this data into the Star schema data mart.
• Created jobs using the stages like ChangeCapture stage in comparing the data between the two sources and
capture this onto a file for further analysis.
• Created jobs using the PX stages like Removeduplicate, Funnel, Merge, Filter stages and tested the jobs
with the Peek stage.
• Created efficient Unix Shell Scripts to run the DataStage codes required for the OnTime Delivery
• Added new projects and assigned the user roles and permissions, via. Datastage administrator as well as
troubleshooting and resolving any issues with respect to the datastage server.
• Created standards and wrote test plans, including multiple phases for all four data warehouses and
streamlined the tasks to go for each of the individual data warehouse
• Completed and documented the Unit testing and Integration testing using the test files and other interfaces,
generated to compare this data with the production para