• Correlate areas of focus, and prioritize testing methodologies based on prior areas of concern,
and areas of current/future development focus.
• Author, with collaborative buyin from all parties, a practical methodology for testing.
• Publish, champion, and revise plans in partnership with all stakeholders.
• Write, delegate, and utilize testing into a consolidated suite of documented tests.
• Put together a plan for future testing, including areas for development, hardware/lab
requirements, and staffing requirements, to obtain specific results.
• Manage a perrelease QA plan, using existing engineering and hardware
• Ensure release alpha and beta test programs, developed with product manager, have clearly
define deliverables and timelines, and that these are met.
• Develop response strategies and processes for highcriticality and security vulnerability
related bug notifications. Proactively investigate and find potential security holes and
attack vectors within both the existing and newlydeveloped code base.
• Review historical, existing and ongoing bug reports to identify areas needing specific
• Liaison with Product Manager and individual software development Managers to ensure
delivery of a highquality product is compatible with release timeline targets.
• Test conformance of products to unit, regression, protocol/interoperability and user
• Coordinates all activities and all testers during each testing phase of a project or program
• Cooperates with clients/users and senior staff as required to agree the testing strategy to
be employed for development projects.
• Maintains awareness of testing alternatives at a level where they can be analyzed and the
most effective testing strategy selected and agreed
• Utilizes testing knowledge and experience to assess and advise on the practicality of
testing process alternatives.
• Identifies improvements to the process and assists in their implementation.
• Ensures that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are
clearly documented and described to the clients/users and colleagues.
• Manages all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks
• Provides authoritative advice and guidance to colleagues on any aspect of testing,
including training for testers and other developers where appropriate.
• Plans, arranges and controls meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff
during test planning and throughout subsequent development and testing activities.