[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
, Coral Spring Blvd NE, Calgary, AB, TJR
IT professional with years of experience specializing in system administration, technical support and system implementation project management, seeking a support or administration position.
Highlights of Technical Skills
* System Administration
* System Implementation
* Technical Support
* Desktop Support
* Systems Installation
Configuration & Upgrading
* Network Design/Support
* Hardware Implementation
* Database Design &
* Patches, Backups & Updates
* Training & Mentoring
* Operating systems: Windows server R///NT, Windows XP, Vista, X.
* Database Administration with Microsoft SQL Server / data migration/replication/conversion.
* Server Administration Web, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, Active Directory Management, hyperV, VMware, SharePoint, Router Management, Firewall, backups and VPN.
* Microsoft Office Suit ///.
* Assembling and repairing equipment from Pentiumto i series.
* Training Client Staff and Office staff on IT applicationsAfW, Office Suite, Computer skills.
* Installing and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, printers, routers, switches, IP phones and drivers etc.
* Highly organized and responsive with an ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
* Strong leadership, lead the company staff as one team towards the company goals.
* Assess and answer technical questions with clarity, confidence and expertise.
* Ability to work closely with staff members, industry partners and customers to provide a bestinclass onsite experience.
* Result oriented selfmotivated and able to make decisions on time under pressure situations.
Information Technology Manager AprilJune
Mega Trend International Ltd. Colombo, Sri Lanka.
A logistics company with employees
* Developed network design and implemented with MS Server / R and MS SQL Server running under domain/ sub domain controllers.
* Directed the IT team for installing, configuring, customizing, optimizing, administrating and upgrading the entire IT Business Management System with the server functions of Active directory administration, Policy Management, IIS, DNS, File and Virtual server management With MS Server R/ domain controllers.
* Implemented and tested new application modules and network enhancements without damaging integrity of business functionalities. Worked with Logistics Business Management System running on MS Server with MS SQL Server .
* Solved application, hardware and network problems in collaboration with foreign Main Office.
* Arranged workshops and trained Office Staff on IT applications.
Major Project: Planned and implemented entire Computer Network System for the Company.
Technical Support Manager Sri Lanka Division MarchMarch
Softlink Asia Ltd. New Delhi
A software and application development company that offers installation and support services.
* Addressed functional & technical issues with regard to application software & network system and hardware as per operating maintenance agreements: Supported to ensure running the application software at the optimum level by adjusting Server authentication, Policy control, Network balance in mixed OS environment MS Server //NT.
* Proposed, planned, negotiated and executed IT implementation projects.
* Built strong relationships with the foreign branches and the foreign & local clients through providing timely communication and consistent support.
* Prepared IT business proposals by targeting the prospective customers and fulfilling their expectations.
* Analyzed business needs & new technologies and made recommendations in order to provide superior service.
* Arranged promotional workshops, seminars and training programs for customer&;s staff to train them on application software with updated technologies.
* Performed overall Computer System Administration of the Sri Lanka branch office.
Major Project: Proposed, planned and implemented the Library application software with administration servers and handled all functional and technical troubleshooting of that library network Peradeniya University Sri Lanka which consisted of five interconnected libraries with more than client computers.
Application details: five sites with separate installations and separate management but connected each other for data inquiring purpose.
* Trained staff on Application software participants on one session.
* Handled dataentry project.
Marketing and Technical Associate MarchMarch
Softlink Asia Ltd. New Delhi
* Made onsite visits and provided online support to the clients for troubleshooting.
* Worked with the technical team to promote applicationsoftware and hardware.
* Trained client&;s staff on IT applications.
Professional & Educational Qualifications
* M.Sc. in Computer Science, University of Colombo School of Computing Colombo, Sri Lanka. .
* Bachelor Degree in Science, University of Kelaniya,Colombo, Sri Lanka .
* Worked as a Visiting Lecture on Advance IT applications at University of Kelaniya Sri Lanka /.
* Trained on Business Developmentand Software Application Handling New Delhi, India.
* Studying for professional examination of Cisco Certified Network Associate.