[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Suzanne J. H.
Lexington Park, MD
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST
ANALYSIS, DEVELOPMENT & SUPPORT STRATEGY
Veteran in Leading & Providing Life Cycle Software Development from Inception to Goal Completion
Systems Analysis Process Improvement Requirements Development Customer Support Software Quality Assurance Project Management Performance Management Process Improvement Team Building Financial Management Accounting Training
My objective is to obtain a position where I can maximize the utilization of my systems analysis and leadership skills. I am a dedicated and organized selfstarter with a calm and deliberate demeanor that facilitates team building and productive communication flow to all levels of management. As a seasoned professional, I am seeking to utilize my expertise in management analysis, systems analysis or accounting.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration,
College of St. Rose, Albany NY, cum av. .
College of Southern Maryland, Leonardtown, MD
Currently enrolled to acquire an Advanced Accounting Certificate
COMPUTER SOFTWARE SYSTEMS
Outlook, Excel, MS Word, Access and PowerPoint
Defense Industrial Financial Management Information System
Naval Industrial Material Management System
ABOM Automated Bill of Material
PTS Air Force Problem Tracking System
Integrated Logistics Supply Management Information System
Performs and coordinates complex analysis, design, development, testing and support services for assigned application applications.
Responsible for and oversees day to day tracking and followup on issues and questions of daily operations.
Performs and coordinates application analysis and impact analysis of new or different applications, processes or changes.
Provides complex application support and guidance to end users and provides technical guidance to less experienced personnel. Serves as point of contact for resolution of complex application problems. Able to quickly assess problems and identify resolutions.
Coordinates development of application testing scripts and conversion plans. Participates in testing as assigned.
Makes recommendations and provides alternatives with regards to various development and support initiatives.
Prepares written documentation of various types; application documentation, analytical reports, functional specifications, training manuals, status reports, etc. Creates, evaluates and instructs/teaches other.
Participates and/or leads projects, estimates costs, time frames, staffing requirements and prepares cost justifications for assigned project. Uses status reports for project oversight.
Validates the designing for each application assigned, under the control of the change management application and user development requests.
Financial Systems Analyst Aug Oct
PSI Pax, Inc., California, MD
Supervisor: Agnes Miller
* Applied basic concepts of program principles, policies, procedures, concepts, standards and general knowledge of the financial management and business operation systems.
* Contributed to monitoring, cleanup and tracking of OutofBalances occurring in a government working capital fund legacy system prior to conversion from one financial system to another.
* Provided onsite EOD Tech Indian Head, MD analysis and resolution of issues with data that is unloadable into a new financial system by working with Defense Finance and Accounting System DIFMS and ILSMIS Material Ordering System.
* Support General Ledger reconciliation of both proprietary and budgetary accounts for physical yearend closing.
* Assisted in the analysis, review, and development of materials to transition from legacy processes to standard Navy ERP processes.
* Participated with the customer in status phonecons held with representatives of other site activities and the lead Director of Appropriations for NAVSEA.
Supervisory Systems Analyst GS February November
Defense Finance Accounting Services DFAS, Patuxent River, MD
Supervisor: Jane Farrell Tel:
* Provided high quality maintenance and enhancement support for two DFAS material management systems: Automated Bill of Material ABOM System and Navair Industrial Material Management System NIMMS.
* Analyzed and allocated work to the manpower of a person staff consisting of senior level IT Specialists and programmers.
* Monitored contract staff from requirements development through deployment.
* Planned and set priorities to control cost, risk, quality, communication, time, change and human resources for an average of program change requirements for biannual planned releases.
* Planned, organized and coordinated activities of functional specialists.
* Strategically planned work for the staff to consistently meet user requirements for an average of two releases per year with an approximate , hours of work per release for each of the two systems.
* Established and implemented a Project Plan of Action and Milestones for each release.
* Assessed progress in assigned projects/programs including cost, schedules and performance to support baseline requirements.
* Utilized the earned value management quantitative technique to analyze and measure project status using percentages complete for the phases of analysis, programming and testing against established estimated hours for completion.
* Continually studied, reviewed and evaluated program progress to provide functional/analytical consultative services to senior management.
* Conducted weekly group meetings to discuss schedule risks and provide a forum for discussion of progress on work assignments.
* Example: Advised and succeeded in getting senior management to realign NIMMS and ABOM programmers with the functional IT Specialists into one management group to improve organizational and programmatic efforts by facilitating more cohesiveness in the direction of development tasks.
* Results : Productivity achieved % of releases being delivered to customer acceptance without development delays with % of defects being identified before implementation.
* Frameworks Management DFAS CPE credits hrs. April
* Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management ACQ Section , Defense Acquisition University, July .
:: Fundamentals of Earned Value Management BCF Section , Defense Acquisition University, September .
:: Managing Projects within Organizations, Growth & Learning @ DFAS, October
:: Fundamentals of Business Financial Management BCF Section , Defense Acquisition University, November .
* Maximized the productivity and commitment of a staff of senior government IT Specialists by matching the right talent with the demands of the projects.
* Encouraged workforce development by instilling commitment, accountability and the skills needed to perform at or above standard.
* Executed annual performance reviews and awards administration for position management.
* Example: Developed a detailed competency assessment sheet from the DFAS ePortal for the job classifications of employees to facilitate employee selfrating and midyear review discussions.
* Results: Given my performance improvement feedback, established performance standards, coaching and redirection, the staff performed to standard, with at least one individual deserving of exceptional rating each performance period.
* Provided high quality analysis of system program maintenance and enhancement requirements in support of the material/supply functions of requisitioning, inventory tracking, turnin, receipting, requisition status issuing, repairable tracking, local manufacturing, and awaiting parts.
* Participated in business process Integrated Product Team IPT reviews to validate and document requirements.
* Ensured that requirements had been interpreted correctly during IPT by coordinating critical design reviews with the user.
* Provided analysis evaluations, findings, recommendations and enterprise integration concerns for program modifications to the programmers.
* Avoided possible rejects by Reviewing plans for test and evaluation to ensure they supported adequate verification and validation of the program processes.
* Special Project : April July Advanced successful system implementations through expertise in defining requirements and generating design specifications to modify existing programs and processes in support of different business practices and unique data, via business process reviews and data mapping that resulted in successful system integrations of NIMMS into a suite of existing Air Force Depot processes.
* Special Project : Sept. to November Coordinated analysis and communicated with the customer to elicit the required functionality for the development of reprogramming, system validation, and acceptance testing to migrate ABOM and NIMMS into JAVA Web based programs supported by a JBoss environment. .
* Systems Analysis and Design credits, College of Southern Maryland,
* Software Testing & Quality Assurance Techniques, American Society of Professional Education,
* Advanced Data Analysis in Excel , Growth & Learning @ DFAS, September .
* Fundamentals of Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering SYS Section , Defense Acquisition University, October .
* Effectively satisfied customer program maintenance requirements and production emergencies in a timely manner and within budgeted funding by negotiating deliverables and projected schedules with Air Force Materiel Command system senior management.
* Provided skilled interpretation and assessment of new initiatives via critical design reviews with the customer to evaluate, examine and verify that requirement information provided sound change requirements for programmers.
* Provided measurement criteria such as transaction and batch processing time to determine impact of changes to the customer.
* Successfully supported customer acceptance testing through detailed analysis of discrepancies, onsite testing and creative problem resolution.
* Conducted regular users&; group meetings to promote a positive communication exchange in the prioritization of release requirements and the resolution of any production concerns.
* Prepared and orally presented PowerPoint briefings on project status statistics at annual Air Force Depots Project Reviews.
* Results: A trusting rapport was developed with customers that facilitated collaborative needs identification and problem resolution.
* Achievement: The Air Force Management Customer Satisfaction Report for DIFMS/NIMMS/ABOM, specifically, identified me as providing "excellent" communication and collaboration with the Project Management Office and the customers.
* Produced products that continuously met customer and business requirements by utilizing documented repeatable process steps for requirements development desk procedures, configuration management, defects tracking, and critical design specification reviews as qualitative management controls.
* Optimized utilization of resources through continued focus on meeting established performance objectives.
* Example : Supported the organizational assessment of the directorate via business process analysis and performance analysis to achieve CMMI Level II for the organization. This management information study identified those work areas most in need of better documentation for repeatable operating procedures. Implementing the CMMI methodologies that establish DFAS wide performance baselines resulted in internal and external performance improvements.
* Example : Recommended improvement. Assessed the work process and coordinated the creative problem resolution to replace hardcopy paper requirements folders with an electronic folder process in Word for documenting ABOM and NIMMS requirements, test plans and approvals with electronic signature approvals. Supported the demonstration of this new concept. Implementing this operational change met the objectives of removing the need to physically track or store folders and provided accessibility of requirements to all at any time on a system shared drive.
ADP Systems Analyst III August February
Planned Systems International, Lexington Park, MD;
Supervisor: Mary Kollschegg Tel:
* Performed business process analysis to assess requirements and design technical specifications to support the different business practices and new data relationships for implementation of NIMMS at Air Force Depots.
* Analyzed system program requirements of the over structured COBOL programs that support the material/supply functions of requisitioning, inventory tracking, turnin, receipting, requisition status, and issuing.
* Supported the regular maintenance requirements of NIMMS via integrated process team analysis to develop program change descriptions, report layouts, screen designs and detailed test plans.
* Special Project Jun Dec : Conducted business process examinations, as TDY NIMMS technical support representative on the Air Force Materiel Command material team, in order to obtain information to develop a process model and to document data sources into interface control documents for the implementation of the material management system NIMMS into the Air Force Depots.
* Special Project Jan Jun Provided team lead support for the conversion effort to implement both the Defense Industrial Financial Management System DIFMS and NIMMS at NAWCAD, Patuxent River. Coordinated with nine analysts and programmers to finalize data mapping, write edit/validation programs for site data files and test loading of the site provided data.
Quality Assurance Testing
* Acquired a working knowledge of regulations, policies, standards and procedures for material processing in order to systematically develop test specifications and execute quality assurance testing.
* Achieved a productivity rate of % customer acceptance through onsite testing of modified software to better emulate actual production environment.
* Fostered successful site implementations by testing data reformat programs to ensure logistics data mapping correctly integrated the loading of data from an existing system into the database of a replacement system.
* Supported the assessment of the new Air Force version of NIMMS with onsite testing at Air Force test sites.
ADP Systems Analyst III October August Dimensions International, Inc., Lexington Park, MD
Supervisor: Robert Davis Tel:
Weekly Hrs. Worked + Perm
* Identified data sources in existing site systems that could be used to initialize data into the NIMMS and DIFMS systems in order to develop data mapping in support of system conversions.
* Provided programmers with interpretation of site business process procedures.
* Analyzed the conversion of data required for developing, generating, reviewing and finalizing Business Process Reviews and Concepts of Operation for sites.
* Wrote high quality user&;s manuals and conversion manuals that supported system functionality and data source details, constraints and site load strategies.
* Implemented the material management system NIMMS and the financial system DIFMS into other Navy and Marine Corp installations to replace existing systerms.
Quality Assurance Testing
* Tested data reformat programs developed from the data mapping to verify the mapping and ensure that data would properly load into the database.
* Supported actual site conversions by accepting site files, processing them through edit/validation programs, and processing load programs to load the records to the database.
Senior ADP Systems Analyst August October ADP Systems Analyst April August
QSoft, Inc. Lexington Park, MD
Supervisor: Peggy Johnson Tel.: N/A
Systems Engineering Analysis
* Acquired a working knowledge of regulations, policies, standards and procedures for material processing in order to systematically develop test specifications and execute quality assurance testing of the changes and enhancements of the mainframe COBOL material management system NIMMS; as part of a contract with the Naval Aviation Depot Operations Center facilities.
* Coordinated with the programmers in the development of software test packages.
* Updated software documentation.
* Achievement: Promoted to Senior ADP Systems Analyst. Responsible for assigning and monitoring the systems analysis and testing tasks of another analyst that supported programmer coding, execution of process validation tests and delivery to the government.
* Special Project: Aug Oct Provided onsite NIMMS support for the first successful DFAS implementation of DIFMS/NIMMS outside of the Navy Depots at NAVSEA Newport, RI.
Quality Assurance Testing:
* Performed additional quality assurance tests beyond programmer testing to verify that program functions were not changed and programs still executed correctly.
Financial Systems Analyst August April
Pinkerton Computer Consultants, Lexington Park, MD
Assigned to DIFMS Quality Assurance Team
Supervisor: Robert Davis Tel.:
Quality Assurance Testing
* Supported quality assurance assessment analysis and testing for the new processing resulting from maintenance software changes of a mainframe COBOL financial system DIFMS on a contract for the Naval Aviation Depot Operations Center facilities.
* Developed test scripts and executed test procedures.
* Reviewed the required documentation updates of the user manual and computer operations manual for the software changes.
Accountant/Bookkeeper November August
Steuart Transportation Company; Piney Point, MD
Supervisor: Hebb Pembroke Tel:
* Meticulously generated accurate monthly Balance Sheet Statements and Profit and Loss Statements for seven subsidiary companies.
* Executed manual doubleentry accounting to maintain the general ledger, the accounts payable and the accounts receivable subsidiary ledgers.
* Reconciled bank statements for the seven subsidiary companies.
* Accurately maintained a range of to schedules for depreciation of assets and prepaid insurance to support general ledger balances.
* Vouchered from to invoices per month for payment of Accounts Payable and produced timely payments.
* Processed computerized payroll.
* Supported and demonstrated the new concepts for process improvement of manual processes provided by the development of PC computers.
* Replaced the repetitive process of manually adding the same amount each month on depreciation of assets and prepaid insurance schedules by using spreadsheets to automatically calculate new yeartodate totals.
* Analyzed, designed, developed, wrot