[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
david m. W.
South West Roy, UT
H: .. C: ..
Dependable, trustworthy professional with a strong background in management and customer
support. Well developed organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Adept at
balancing priorities in a fastpaced environment. Skilled in building motivated, cohesive teams that
are driven to achieve goals and deliver the highest level of customer service excellence.
Areas of Expertise:
• Business Plans
• Financial Projections
• Interdepartmental Liaising
• Strategic Planning
• Staffing and Training
• Interpersonal Relationships
• Computer Literate
• Team Management
“David is a remarkable asset to our company. We can count on him to get the job done well, every time.
He is the one you go to for true leadership his employees are fiercely loyal to him.”
Terence “Mac” McCullough, Regional Director, Boys and Girls Clubs
Increased the quality and efficiency of Medicity’s customer support, increasing first call resolution
from % to % through improved policy, process and/or tools.
Received numerous awards at AOL, including Team Excellence award, Member Services Team
Excellence Award and Does Whatever It Takes Award.
Designed a new process for Beta testing software updates to ensure timely product release, which
was adopted by the international teams who were struggling with meeting delivery times.
Eliminated expenditures for centrallocation training and prevented downtime for current projects,
by training international teams on software updates process via email, phone and teleconference calls.
Served on Board of Advisors for two educational institutions, StevensHenager College in Ogden, UT
and Certified Careers Institute in Layton, UT.
Customer Support Manager, MEDICITY, INC., Salt Lake City, UT –
Connecting Health Information Exchange communities with adaptable, scalable and secure software.
Managed customer support engineers and technical account managers.
• Hired, scheduled, provided formal training and informal coaching, handled performance management,
and resolved escalations via email and phone.
• Increased number of policy and procedure documents from to and improved engineer tools.
• Assisted in preparation of proposals in response to customer requests for proposals RFPs by
identifying RFP requirements and assigning support staff to each proposal element.
• Clarified customers’ information needs, communicated these information requests to other
departments and ensured responses to customers were clear and understandable.
• Coordinated technical responses to current / prospective customers to match their information needs.
• Increased incident response time of closing all cases within the first hours, from % to %, while
still providing high quality customer support.
• Completed special projects to support the Sales and Commercial Operations organizations.
• Managed CSR’s effort to refine / improved feedback process to product development teams.
• Developed close working relationships with key team members across departments.
• Managed and coordinated information requests from customers and stakeholders.
• Supported and maintained high morale and low turnover among team members.
• Monitored internal and external servers in NOC to insure compliance with SLA attainment of
DAVID M. W. – PAGE TWO
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Continued
Juniper Networks Operations Manager, CONVERGYS INC., Ogden, UT –
An IT and computer networking company with routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and
VPN hardware. Managed the largest technical assistance center world wide with team leads and
certified network engineers and customer support agents. Increased team by managers and
engineers, reduced attrition by %, increased revenue from $M to $M and increased P&L by %.
• Developed, maintained and tested project’s business continuity plan.
• Planned for upcoming organizational needs, implemented strategies in a proactive manner, analyzed
performance results and implemented department improvements.
• Improved client interfacing of all forms of communication and reporting through biweekly, monthly
reporting and daily communications, maintaining understanding of clientspecific training, and resolving
escalated customer complaints.
• Analyzed and maintained all Client Service Level Agreements attained contracted service level
agreement standards and quarterly bonuses for consecutive quarters.
• Responsible for expense management, achieving of budgetary measurements, maximizing revenue
generated efficiency, and supporting long and short term financial projections.
• Supported the data collection for billing process, including ISRS, billable / nonbillable hours.
• Determined appropriate staffing levels, implemented strategies to ensure the efficient operation,
and worked with support departments to ensure staffing strategies were effectively executed.
• Selected, trained, developed and managed performance of professional and nonexempt reports.
• Provided prompt and objective coaching and counseling; and coordinated, planned, and assigned work
for staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable legal requirements.
Technical Manager, AMERICA ONLINE, INC., Tucson, AZ –
Internet services and media company. Managed employees and senior level QA Engineers.
• Completed beta tests p/y with registered tester populations totaling from , to ,.
• Improved the AOL software development cycle by ensuring beta sign off during requirement definition
stages of the Software Development Life Cycle versus the final testing stages.
• Conceived sweepstakes and promotions with awards for participating testers, which involved
liaising with multiple departments to secure contest approval in hour turnaround time.
• Created online areas for other departments within company, networking information between teams.
• Recruited, hired, mentored, and retained outstanding talent for the Beta / QA department; which out of
employees in the department were in the top % of performers for consecutive years.
• Prevented , technical support calls per month by delivering a new beta tester population of
, testers in weeks time allowing the company to deliver a connectivity update.
• Increased tester sessions and decreased reliance on popup promotional inventory by million
impressions per month by creating a new testing area and concept.
• Realized for the company $ million in freed promotional inventory per month by increasing take rate
of promotions from % to %.
• Saved the company $ million per quarter and reduced call volume to the call centers by % by
gathering information for Development to identify main.idx corruption in AOL . software.
• Eliminated million calls to the call center and saved approximately $ million dollars by designing a
popup that prompted either an upgrade to software or a CD delivery to update software.
• Reduced multiple departments turn around time and project deadlines by developing software revision
FDO code which delivered content to members based on revision.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
Computer Science Certification, Ogden / Weber Area Technology Center, Ogden, UT
Emergency Medical Technician Certification, Weber State University, Ogden, UT
Earning BS, Information Technology, University of Phoenix, Tucson, AZ
Microsoft Certified Training / Windows NT/
Managing within the LawÊ/ Essentials of Management / Managing Conflict / Standards of Business
Conduct / Sexual Harassment Prevention / The Art of SellingÊ/ Selling Benefits and Features /
Sales Training Classes through Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company