[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
JUAN CARLOS G.
Calle No. Medellín Colombia
Home Telephone +
Mobile Telephone +
Extensive Senior Management experience in Multinational Corporations in Information and Communication Technologies, ranging from the implementation of new services like data centers to multifunctional shared offshore services and business partnerships. Broad knowhow and expertise in strategic planning and business analysis to develop shared services to enhance and create business opportunities to develop sustainable competitive advantages. Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, focused on achieving high motivation and performance from multicultural teams.
CENTRO DE SERVICIOS MUNDIAL Colombia
General Manager & CIO
Responsible for two critical areas, the first is as Chief Information Officer CIO responsible for defining the strategy of Information and Communication Technologies ICTs for Grupo Mundial a USD . Bn Holding Corporation of business divisions in Latin America, and the second as General Manager of an IT company which provides its services to companies of the group in countries.
* Develop the investment strategy for the standardization of different processes and IT tools for the group.
* Create an IT service portfolio and Service Level Agreements to measure service delivery and optimization of customer needs.
* Lead the implementation strategy for mission critical projects such as the ERP Oracle EBusiness Suite, call centres, support services, IT shared services and improving IT investments and returns.
* Consolidate agreements with suppliers on Development, Security, Hardware and Communications resulting in reducing IT costs by %.
* Implementation of performance management tools to measure key role performances and develop resources compromise.
* % Increase in customer satisfaction in IT services valued by customers.
* % Improvement in organizational climate.
* Development of a participative and unified vision as measured by a % increase in the organizational clarity variable
Information Technology Director
Responsible for the establishment of the Department of Information Technology infrastructure to deliver and execute all projects required for the modernization of this organization.
* Develop a strategy to modernize the infrastructure and improve the standardization of all processes in the company.
* Consolidation of an agreement for communications on a single supplier reducing costs by %.
* Renewal of missioncritical systems that reduce in % the time for the key processes of collection and provision of technical services.
Responsible for developing strategic plans to update the Information Technology departments, aimed at developing management skills, organizational processes and infrastructure improvements.
Gerson Lehrman Group New York
ADOC Industries San Salvador
COLOMBIA TELECOMMUNICATIONS Colombia
Responsible for planning the strategy and future projects required in Information Technologies that support the telecommunications infrastructure of one of Colombia&;s most important telecommunications companies.
* Lead with the consulting company McKinsey the definition of the road map required for the Information Technology department projects.
BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO United Kingdom
Global Marketing IT Manager
Responsible for defining the strategy for Information Technology in Marketing. Accountable for setting up shared services in low costs countries to manage support and development. Manage business strategic deals with CRM solution providers Siebel to provide a global framework at an affordable price.
* Managed and reduced by % the costs of development and support services using offshore services India and Malaysia
* Reduced by % the IT infrastructure costs by using shared services where different countries could merge their requirements
* Lead the implementation of call centers and support centers in Germany, Malaysia and India
* Managing the definition of the architecture required hardware, software and communications for the implementation of the CRM solution in, Japan, Russia, Rumania, UK, Australia, Hungary, Ireland, Mexico and Chile.
BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO Cyprus
Head of Information Technology
Responsible for the setting up of the IT Department that delivers the technological infrastructure and projects needed after the merger of Rothmans and British American Tobacco for the new organization in Cyprus.
* Reduced by % the company&;s manual process costs and increased .% annual sales through the implementation of the invoicing system and the communications infrastructure.
* Managed the implementation of data warehousing to consolidate the records for , outlets in Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Malta and Cyprus.
* Developed the IT team to work together more efficiently and effectively towards the company´s goals, achieving % of the company&;s IT needs and becoming an example and best practice of team work.
* Created a do culture that thrives on performance, and developed proactive initiatives like project management methodologies in other areas of the business
* Designed and guided the new LAN and WAN infrastructure.
BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO Caribbean Area
Information Technology Manager
Responsible for the identification, direction and management of the Marketing IT technologies for the Caribbean market all islands, except Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. Implementation of the project management methodology to all areas of the business. Creation of the ebusiness awareness and its advantages for the business.
* Increased customer visits by % and decrease credit collection time by %, thus contributing in Trade Marketing and Distribution route planning and invoicing control management.
* Consolidation of the IT infrastructure for the Caribbean Islands in one country that represented a reduction in operating costs of %.
* Centralized the communications WAN network reducing costs by %.
* Implemented and enforced a project management methodology to ensure project implementation success.
BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO Colombia
Information Technology Manager
Responsible for the administration, direction and management of the IT Department. Managed the development and implementation of all supporting services required to operate the company.
* Developed a business strategy using technology which made the Company % more efficient in new business processes.
* Participated in the definition of a global IT platform improving the accounting processes by %.
* Participated in the definition of the new distribution invoicing processes changing from % third party distribution to a % internal distribution.
* Implemented modern LAN and WAN infrastructures
* Managed the improvements of a sales system using hand held devices in Colombia, Chile, Peru, and Paraguay.
BANCO CAJA SOCIAL Colombia
Communications Support Engineer
Responsible for installing and maintaining the Bank&;s national voice, data and image communications network, including the design and installation of structuring cabling for branches and regional offices. Support the Cisco machines for X. connections used for financial reconciliation, and Motorola radio links for ATM machines located in cities.
* Designed and guided the LAN and WAN infrastructure implementation for bank branches.
* Implemented the backup communication system for bank branches.
* Negotiated all structured cabling installations for the bank branches and headquarter office.
Ferris State University, Michigan, USA,
IT & Project Management Excellence
University of Indiana, Indiana, USA .
* Coaching T&P Medellin
* Leadership UK Management Excellence London, UK .
* Siebel UK, Siebel Consultancy London, UK .
* SAP Cyprus, SAP y SAP Nicosia, Cyprus .
* IBM, Introduction to Oracle Trinidad & Tobago
* IBM, ECommerce Designer Trinidad y Tobago .
* BAT: Effective leadership London, UK
Strategies of Negotiation Bogotá .
Coaching, Bogotá .
Project Management Rio de Janeiro .
Finance for Non Finance Bogotá .
Effective Management Bogotá .
* Additional Information: Willing to relocate and travel as part of the position.
* Other Interests: Golf and Squash.