[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
To obtain a challenging position in information Technology/Systems discipline, utilizing my managerial skills, planning, organizing and deploying policies in a professional environment. An opportunity to utilize my experience as Senior Systems Engineer offering challenge, growth and opportunity for corporate and personal success to transom the technology department into strategize assets of the organization that provide a competitive edge in the industry.
years of hands on experience in Information Technology primarily as IT Lead/SR. Systems Engineer in Storage Area Network SAN, UNIX / Windows Administration within a mission critical x operational environment. Comprehensive experience in strategic project plans, architecting, configuring, administering and maintaining enterprise needs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
:: IT Strategic planning :: Product Strategy/Roadmap/Segmentation
:: IT Security :: Crisis Management
:: Consolidation & Virtualization ESX . :: Archival & Industry Compliance
:: Vendor Management Hardware/Software :: Data Encryption
:: Storage Management :: Data Integrity
:: Disaster Recovery :: Emergency Response /
:: UNIX Administration :: Windows Administration
CERTIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
* NetApp NACA Network Appliance Certified Storage Associate
* Symantec VERITAS Netbackup .x, .x, .x, .x, .x, .x
* CommandCentral Storage ., . Unix and Windows
* Symantec Storage Foundation .x, .x For UNIX/Windows and Oracle g RAC
* EMC Legato Networker .x Administration for UNIX
* Symantec OpsCenter .x, .x
The Mentor Network, Minnesota, USA Jan Current
Title: Senior Systems Engineer Level III
* building a comprehensive enterprisewide integration infrastructure
* Working closely with multiple partners to support product integration
* Assist in the integration, installation and evaluation process of products and systems, handling IT systems integration efforts resulting to budget cuts and emerging technologies.
* ITIL Key Process Relationships
* Transformed the Backup Enterprise solution to DeDuplication Solution.
* Developed and handled a project to upgrade our existing Tape unit to allocate more data capacity.
* Created a project plan to upgrade our SUN Disk Array to Netapp Disk Unit to allocate more disk.
* Supervised an Uplift of Consolidation & Virtualization VMWware environment.
* Managed VMware ESX hosts and created more Virtual Machines that led to over , Dollars in saving on Hardware for the year
* Worked closely with upper management to replace and decommission our existing Disk array technology Netapp storage system attached to Windows Servers and UNIX Solaris Servers.
* Established guidelines and policies for disaster recovery critical situation.
* Created an internal PHP database system to centralize company&;s Manuals, Flow charts and policy statements to save time, increase productivity and reduce labor time.
* Received Bonus for S.M.A.R.T goals achieved in
* Led corporate team in driving costreduction initiatives that resulted in , monthly by minimizing the services at the datacenter.
* Developed scripts in UNIX to minimize the time and labor spent on running UNIX commands against several of applications we use on daily bases.
* Manage and insure data integrity for our daily backups using Symantec enterprise application.
* Monitor Systems daily by utilizing Performance stats available using various tools.
* Insure all level one engineers are following policies accordingly and assist when needed.
* Insure all necessary ports open for new systems and lock down ports that are not needed.
* Insure Systems are protected with latest AntiVirus application.
* Create new Virtual machine as new servers.
* Provide Unix Software and Hardware maintenance to maintain our Servers in the Datacenter.
* Monitor SAN devices such as Netapp, SUN and Local Attached Disk arrays In Windows and UNIX Environment.
* Perform maintenance to Windows/Unix Servers on monthly bases for patches and upgrades.
* Manage and maintain VMware ESX Host Servers for Two physical locations and Create Templates as needed to build Virtual Machines.
* lead disaster recovery projects and assist in recovering Servers in any disaster recovery situation.
* Insure internal database for guidelines and policies are up to date with most current environment
* Manage WSUS Server and keep all Windows Servers are up to date with the Latest and greatest OS patches. Also, keep a close eye on new Bug fixes and release notes for critical updates.
* Research new technology and write project plan and submit for approval by upper management.
* Submit new requests for new Systems such as an ESX Vmware host
* Test new versions or upgrades of an existing application on test server to minimize the risk of losing data or crashing the server.
* Insure all engineers receive all training necessary to perform their tasks according to company&;s guidelines.
DATALINK CORPORATION, Minnesota, USA Sept Jan
Title: Client Support Engineer Level II
* Transformed the support team environment into a dynamic and fastpaced clientoriented
Atmosphere to support the company wide growth from a support team of with increased
Revenue to a team of .
* Integrated new elements to existing architecture designs like HW and SW integration for better work output and increased efficacy
* Align IT resources with enterprise objectives on a global level and work with vendors to ensure best quality service being deliverd.
* Implemented Metricsdriven Performance Benchmark which outperformed the industry benchmark
For Client Satisfaction.
* Designed and implemented our proprietary online `Case Management Tool WebCS Tracker &;
which allowed clients in case/issue submissions and providing realtime updates which saved
Engineers valuable time to focus on case resolution.
* Increased support/license sales within existing clients as well as new clients.
* Coordinated the storage management and operation of Datalink customer support group.
* Provided AIX software maintenance support to Extended Software Support clients, as well as Performance Measurements, Performance recommendations, troubleshooting, and general recommendations on AIX HOWTO problems.
* Managed Storage for making remote copies of EMC Symmetrix DMX and CLARiiON SAN storage.
* Implemented AIX and UNIX on several environments such as: NetApp environments, Web Servers, Application Servers, Cisco SAN, Oracle Parallel Server, IBM Firewall for AIX, Informix, SNA Communications, etc.
* Installed & configured Sun storage devices configuration of Veritas Netbackup .x configuration and administration of Sunfire based machines IBM pSeries servers and HP iTanium HP/UX servers.
* Test & analyze the ESS for Open Systems performance and reporting on the effects of striping data at both the Operating System level and across disk components internal to the ESS.
* Implemented SAN boot for over AIX servers with FAILOVER and loadbalancing for the operating system.
* Implemented a node SVC cluster to virtualize storage for AIX hosts. Tested TPC to monitor SAN performance.
* Configured HBAs for McData Brocade fiber switches.
* Created policies for Disaster recovery that included client scheduling backup policy sets data retention periods tape rotations and Service Level Agreements.
* Designed & implemented Enterprise class storage subsystems which include Hitachi series EMC Clariion and Symmetrix storage systems all within heterogeneous environments.
* Perform Systems configuration, sizing, and present IBM open systems solutions to clients.
* Work with DBAs to create clones of production UDB databases. The cloned copies are then backed up to tape and used for testing.
* Manage all aspects of programs, from presales and initial scheduling and planning of delivery, through facilitation of client meetings, creation of presentations and reports and design, development, testing, documentation, and delivery of custom and packaged software.
* Direct continuing review of current systems and procedures and formulation of new and revised systems, examining techniques in use and determining appropriate changes to effect improvements, reduce costs and enhance efficiency and productivity.
* Manage the development and implementation of security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of information security.
* Serve as primary client contact and manage overall company client interface relationships for defined scopes of work to assure responsiveness to client needs and effective professional management.
RURAL CELLULAR COPORATION, Minnesota, USA September May
Title: Sr. Support Engineer Tech Lead
* Established standards, tools and procedures for use on the project, including Issue, Risk, Change
and Information Management.
* Managed the support team&;s functions covering planning, tracking, reporting, quality management
and internal communication.
* Produced consolidated reporting to the Project Steering Board, including milestone summary,
key issues, risks, benefits, summary of costs incurred.
* Reviewed project activities for compliance with procedures and standards.
* Managed the support and provision of project tools and equipment
* Managed data security, software and license control.
* Developed and implemented appropriate backup and recovery procedures to ensure database
HK TAX SERVICES, Minnesota, USA February May
Title: IT Specialist
* Implemented new applications, maintained them and trained all users in their utilization
in a classroom setting.
* Performed configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting for different software and
* Established, scheduled and performed routine update of all applications and/or
programs used in the organization.
* Planned and deployed new systems and also customized existing systems according
to the business needs.
* Designed and created specialized reports using a custom database via SQL server.
* Maintained databases both custom & standard. Performed research, analysis and
creative support to provide information in industry standard report format for client reviews.
Veritas NetBackup, EMC Networker, Tivoli Storage Manager, TotalStorage Productivity Center for Fabric, EMC Retrospect, TotalStorage SAN Volume Controller, Cisco MDS SANOS, Brocade, Navisphere Management Suite, Celerra Manager, EMC.
NETWORK MONITORING AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS:
HPOpenview, VMware, Netcool Omnibus, IBM Tivoli Netview, IBM Tivoli Argus, IBM Tivoli NMC, Cisco NAM, Cisco Works Suite, Cisco SDM, Network Health, Concorde eHealth, MRTG, Cricket, Naigos
IBM AIX, UNIX, AS/, OS/, Solaris, Novell NetWare, Windows NT/XP/VISTA//, Windows Terminal Server.
SharePoint , SQL Server /, WebSphere, Sybase, Informix IDS .x, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Oracle i, Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise, SAP Business One, Tivoli Express, Citrix GoToAssist, CRM Solutions, Exchange /, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft .NET, IIS Server Seagate Crystal Reports, Veritas BackUp Exec .x/.x, Microsoft Office , FrontPage , Project /, Lotus Notes, Adobe CS, Lucent Merlin Legend, Avaya Message Manager Suite.
EDUCATION & REFERENCES:
* Bachelor of Science, Information Technology BSIT . GPA
University of Phoenix, ARIZONA, USA
* Associate&;s Degree, Data and Networking Communications . GPA
Dakota County Technical College, MINNESOTA, USA
Available upon request.