[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Fredrick L T.
Fremont Pocatello ID., • • cell ..
I am a Certified Systen Administrator with more than twenty years of industry experience.
My most recent years of experience have been as a SUN UNIX System Administrator where I
have worked in a Solaris environment for eight years and prior to that in a SunOS environment for
two years. In my role as a System administrator some of my activities have include performance
tuning of systems, providing all necessary documentation on web servers, building Ultra systems,
teaching UNIX classes, backing up and restoring files, building GNU software and extensive
Bourne Shell programming. Before this, I worked as a helpdesk specialist/programmer –
Unix support Engineer.
• Years Sun UNIX System Administration Years Solaris Administration . – .,
Years SunOS Administration SunOs .x
• Nis/Nis+ Administrator
• Performance tuning kernel, upgraded maximum users,change maximum processes, etc
• Familiar with E
• Familiar with Veritas filesystem
HARDWARE SUN SPARC SPARC, SPARC, SPARC, ULTRA, ULTRA,
ULTRA, ULTRA, ELC, SLC, E, E, E, E, IBPPC, DEC, CRAY,
CYBER, IBM SP/, RS, HPUX, StorageTek.
SOFTWARE – SunOS . – . yrs ’, Solaris . – . yrs ’, Solstice AdminSuite,
SUNNET MANAGER, TCP/IP yrs, NFS, AUTOMOUNTER, FRAMEMAKER,
CDBX/DBX, FlexLM, AUTOPLAN, NIS, NIS+, EMACS/VI, MOTIF/X,
KERBEROS NIM, SED/AWK, MAKE, SCCS, VERITAS Netbackup, TRIPWIRE,
COPS, C, ADA, FORTRAN, PASCAL, ASSEMBLER, COBOL, HTML, SCRIPTING
ksh, tcsh, csh, sh, win/, win, Big Brother, Lotus Notes, Remedy
Directv Via Convergys. Pocatello, ID. August – November
• Customer Support.
• Duties consisted of troubleshooting all directv problems.
Sprint Inc. Via Teleperformance. Pocatello, ID. August November
• Customer support.
• Duties consisted of supporting and troubleshooting all sprint phones.
Honeywell, Inc. Via TEKsystems. Albuquerque, NM ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ January
• System administrator supporting users.
• Duties consisted of supporting and troubleshooting Two Ultra Enterprise series
• Maintained two A disk arrays each with a terabyte of data storage room.
• Used Jumpstart software package to build workstation Ultra’s.
• Performed end user support such as adding users.
• Maintained and troubleshot NFS servers.
• Wrote and modify perl script to monitor system
Environment: Ultra, E, A disk arrays, Solaris .
State of Ga. Via COMPUTER HORIZON CORP. Atlanta, GA. March Oct
• Extensive Network print administration. for over printers
• Use a Sun E as a print server servicing users.
• Wrote packages to install patch reporting on all servers E to EK.
• Setting up detail online webbased documentation.
• Evaluate printer software for Solaris . upgrade.
• Upgrade firmware on DLT.
• Created monthly statistics for capacity planning
• Wrote script to run weekly to check latest patch on all system and report in HTML.
Environment: Sun , E, E, Solaris .., Veritas Filesystem,
Lockheed via TECHNISOURCE Columbus, Indiana ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ MAY
• Unix System Administrator
• Provided system support on SUN, COMPAQ using Tru, and AIX Servers.
• Troubleshooting xterms, install network printers, and general user support.
• Wrote shell script to manage IP addresses
• Setup test servers for Oracle DBA
• Wrote script to generate html reports on all systems.
• Backup and restored files using Veritas Netbackup
Environment: Sun , DEC , , AlphaStation , SunOS, AIX,
IBM Via DCI Consultants Dallas, Texas
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ MAY MARCH
• Provided telephone technical support for IBM System administrators
• Build Sun Sparc and install IBM token ring software
• Assisted IBM systems Engineers nationwide for the IBM Scalable Parallel SP systems
• Assisted with installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of SP systems.
• Debugged networking, NIM, KERBEROUS and PSSP on RS platforms running AIX
Environment: Sun SPARC , IBM RS/, IBM SPÊ
Lockheed Martin, Idaho Falls, Idaho
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ May – May
SUN Unix System Administrator/Sr. Engineer ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ
• Worked in UNIX customer support.
• Member of the Configuration Management Ê
• Installed the latest versions of OS on all systems.
• Setup Solstice Disk Suite
• Responsibilities included system problem determination, hardware and software
• Web Server Administrator
• Installed software for customers i.e., EMACS, X.
• Performed kernel performance tuning and NIS+ administration.
• Maintenance of user account.
• System Migration system os upgrade
• Wrote Shell scripts for users report generation.
• Build/installed SUN systems.
• Experienced IP transport protocols, NFS Network File System.
• Hardware level repair and troubleshooting.
• Setup solaris systems for network/telcom group.
• Programmed in FORTRAN, C, and SHELL SCRIPT SH, CSH, KSH.
• Wrote and taught UNIX classes.
Environment: Sun SPARC , , , , Sun ULTRA , , Sun ELC and
SLC, DEC , Cray XMP,Cyber, PC, SunOS.Solaris ., HP/UX, ULTRIX, C
Help Desk Support Specialist /Engineer Jan – Dec
Worked at help desk, giving user support for Cyber and Cray mainframe UNIX OS.
• Wrote and taught UNIX classes
• Wrote user error and tracking reporting system
• Wrote terminal/database interface program in Fortran and Assembler
• Debug users program written in Assembler, Cobol. Fortran, C and/or csh, sh
• Wrote and maintain all script for Kermit
• Provide on site and telephone system support
Environment: Cray XMP, Cyber , IBM/PC, C, Fortran, Assembler
ÊÊÊ MAY DEC
Work as a computer operator on IBM , Cyber , and IBM .
Environment IBM , Cyber , and IBM
Introduction to SunOS, Advance SunOS,Ê DEC Networking,Ê Advance Cobol
Programming, Advanced Fortran Programming, C Programming, N