[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Andrew ÊR. C.
Network Engineer IÊIT Project ManagerÊÊI Tier III &IV Helpdesk
ÊAmbitious, Network and Information Systems professional that is experienced in working in
fastpaced environments demanding strong organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills.
Proven reputation for being trustworthy, ethical and discreet. Refined communication and
presentation skills. Committed to superior customer service and maintaining a distinguished work
ethic. Detailoriented and resourceful in the implementation and completion of team projects and
daily duties with a focus on delivering effective IT solutions.ÊÊ
• Wellrounded IT technical support background that includes provisioning, installation, and
management of network devices for large corporations
• Possess an ACTIVE DoD Secret Security Clearance and proven record of
adhering to all DoD regulations and directives with sensitive materials.
• CompTIA A+, MSCE, DCSE,
. Software: MS Office , , , XP, Exchange server, Norton
Utilities Ghost, Symantec, Firewall configurations, MS DOS, Oracle DBA
Studio,Citrix, NetMeeting, Remedy, Active Directory, Microsoft partnership
and partner licensing solutions, Symantec Endpoint, Veritas backup, Whats Up
Gold, TrackIt!, Barracuda Firewalls Software Installation. Active Directory.
Virus Prevention. System Installations and Configurations. Software
Configuration. S/F Conversion. Windows XP, Vista, and . NT/XP/Vista
Installation/Upgradation. Software Diagnostics. Statistical Reporting. System
Upgrades. FTP/HTTP. Backup and Restoring Data. Internet Explorer //.
Netscape Navigator. Outlook //XP///. Mozilla,
Thunderbird, Opera. Photoshop and CorelDraw. MS Office Suite. FOREX
• Hardware: Dell, HP, Gateway desktops and laptops application and hardware assembly,
configuration, and repair; HP, Dell, Linux, Windows servers; Cisco/Nortel IP phones, routers,
switches, access points; Frame relays, T, PRI, ATA devices, firewalls, Cat and Ê cabling and
termination, punch blocks, paging systems Valcom, Viking, Wyse terminals.Repairs, services,
and restored parts, boards, and equipment for Dell, Compaq, Hewlett Packard, Toshiba, Packard
Bell, and Xerox coms. Arranging workstations and Hubs. Constructing and Testing. Computer
Configuration, Assembly. PC H/W Designs and Arrangement. Desktop Maintenance & Repair.
H/W Installation & Configuration. Scanners, Printers, Webcams, Optical tools and Modems DSL
& Dialup configuration. DVD/CD/RW Memory Chips, SCSI/IDE/EIDE Hard Drives, SCSI
Manager Cards, Tape Backups Drives softwarehardware configuration. PDA, Bluetooth,
Touchpad, Infrared configuration. WiFi, Wireless Routers, and Accesspoint setup, configuration
• Networking & CISCO: OSPF. PPP. EIGRP/ IGRP. Cisco Firewalls PIX. CHAP. Multilevel
Security Sys. PAP. IPSEC. RIP. CSU/DSU. ISO/OSI Levels. Precautionary Maintenance. Cisco
, , Routers. System upgrading. Cisco , , Switches. LAN. Wireless.
Networking Technologies. Network Security. WAN &LAN. VPN. N/W + TCP/IP. Firewalls.
Ethernet. Peer to Peer N/Ws. Router Configuration. ADS/ISDN. ClientServer Technology.
Installation, configuration, & troubleshooting of Cisco/Nortel hardware. Cisco/Nortel routers,
switches, access points; Multisite WAN experience, IP networks, TCP/IP, Êprotocols DNS,
SMTP and server technologies, WAN protocols , Frame Relay, T, DSL,VLANs, Network
diagnostic tools,Ê, VOIP, ATA, Telephony technologies IPSEC, VPN, PP, SNMP,
• Client Service:Proficientat. Troubleshooting. Desktop & User Support. Able to transmit technical
info to the users of all abilities. Selfprovoked to preserve understanding of existing technology.
Done full practical and over the telephone troubleshooting on several different systems, platforms,
and h/w configurations. High direction towards the customer service.
Koch Foods, Inc
Senior Network AdministratorÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ
• Ê Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation,
planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
• ÊÊ Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support
of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems,
hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
• ÊÊÊ Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and
• ÊÊÊÊ Practiced asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment. Manage IT
staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and
• ÊÊÊ Establish and maintain regular written and inperson communications with the
organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT
• ÊÊÊÊ Oversee provision of enduser services, including help desk and technical support
services. Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new
• Installed and maintained all Cisco devices including the provisioning, installation and
management of all network equipment.
• Maintain a current working knowledge of advanced LAN/WAN/WLAN technologies;
protocols; topologies; diagnostic management tools; routers; operating systems and
• Provide regular status reports to management of project progress and issues.
Act in a consultant capacity with departments assessing technology needs.
• Identifiy recommend and implement automation technologies within departments.
• Assist CFO in development and monitoring of information technology budgeting process.
Provides tracking of actual purchases to approved budget.
• Provide and leads with support of other members of the team disaster recovery and
continuity of operations plans for the Company’s network environment.
IT Companies SmartSource, TekSystems, Apex Systems, Endeavor Telecom
Contract Field Technician MultiFaceted
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ April Present
**Notable Companies contracted for: McDonald’s Corporation, Lowe’s WalMart, Kohl’s, Home
DepotÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê
Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê
• Lead IT technician for the McDonald’s POS Project. Traveled % to various citities in US
and lead project teams from various locations on installing new hardware and software at
• Onsite warranty repairs and troubleshooting desktop, work station, thin client, and laptop
computers as well as laser printers for Dell, Lexmark, HP, Êand Unisys
• ÊTroubleshoot, repair and deployment of desktops and laptops supporting multisite corporate
• ÊNew network design and setup for home and small business networks
• ÊÊNegotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements
• ÊÊÊM anage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and
support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems,
hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
United States Marine Corps/Department of Defense Active Duty
Tactical Data Network Specialist MOS ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ
• Served as Assistant Information Systems Coordinator. Oversee network security and all system
issues daily and train users in all aspects of applications and processes.
• Installed, configured, and maintained servers, client PCs, operating systems,software
applications, printers and other Êperipherals within DoD standards. Monitor system
• Responsible for diagnosing and solving technical issues, setting up Outlook accounts,
publishing DoD certificates, updating applications, and delivering reports to supervisors
budget time and resources for optimum results
• Implement and oversee processes of Oracle, analyze data, and deliver reports on high
volume transaction entries. Provide user training and support for Oracle.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and work efficiently in a demanding
environment while preserving strict confidentiality with sensitive material. Took initiative
to learn company internal organizational structure to maximize problemresolution
• Handled the receiving and processing of classified materials through SIPRNET
• Provide personnel support and serve as direct contact for DoD finance offices toÊÊ
investigate and resolve finance issues for entire company. Responsible for providing
support of pay auditing.