Cell C DBA Services A TCS project.
Cell C – Leading telecommunication company in South Africa.
Oct till date.
Description: Cell C is one of the three major mobile network operators in South
Africa, offering products and services to more than million
customers. With a network capable of providing voice, data and
multimedia communications, the company is committed to
delivering to subscribers a full range of GSM services, based on the
key principles of affordability, accessibility and value for money.Ê
In Cell C started rolling out South Africa’s most advanced
network and launched its HSPA+ / in thirteen cities across
the country. The company aims to expand its coverage to % of
South Africa’s population by the end of .
Role: Oracle DB Consultant
Oracle i, i, g, g, HPUX, Linux, Sun Solaris, AIX and HP
Highlights / Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Managing and supporting all Production and non production database.
• Monitor and troubleshot various database remotely for database located in the different
sites in SA.
• Successful definition and design of Databases, to ensure secure and reliable transport of
configuration and data between various sites.
• Maintaining data integrity and tune database for optimum performance and availability.
• Database refresh as per the requirements of the clients Cloning with RMAN and export
• Ensuring successful & periodical database and archive log Backups, Restoration &
• Develop, Implement and administer database policies and procedures security and
• Backup and recovery using RMAN, change management, Data Modeling, scripts for
various database activities, troubleshooting etc.
• Write scripts to automate database functions.
• Providing technical support and assistance to all database endusers.
• Install new versions of database software and perform maintenance functions of the
• Upgrading of Database from lower version to higher version with minimum downtime.
• Installation of Patch and fixing bugs.
• Plan for system growth and monitor capacity usage for new hardware or software
requirements and communicate these capacity requirements to management.
• Work with software developers to develop and enhance applications.
• Worked on Database High Availability Packages such RAC for both i and g and
• databases in + servers windows, Linux & UNIX of more than TB of DB size.