[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Senior Information Technology Manager
Senior engineering technology manager offering over ten years of demonstrated success developing and executing operational strategies using emerging technologies. Resultoriented, customerdriven selfstarter with excellent communication skills and technical vision. Armed with exceptional analytical, crisis, and project management skills, comfortable working in fastpaced and dynamic environment. Adept at budgeting and negotiating corporate technology costs. Recognized for taking on major initiatives, adapting to rapidly changing environments, and resolving mission critical issues. Fluent in English, French and conversational Japanese.
* IT Strategy & Execution
* Project Management
* Time & Resource Optimization
* IT & IS Architecture Development
* Vendor & Contract Negotiation
* Emerging Technology & Market Assessments
* Process Improvement
* Enterprise Systems Planning & Integration
* Team Building & Management
* Business Reengineering
Transnuclear, Inc. AREVA Group
Transnuclear is part of a multibillion international group that provides services for the nuclear fuel cycle including transportation, storage and handling of spent nuclear fuel, radioactive waste, and other radioactive materials.
IT Manager Direct Report to CEO
September to Present
Senior management role, tasked with providing direction and strategic leadership managing the company&;s IT and IS departments. Deliver short and long term solutions planning, designed to: improve client service levels, reach maximum IT ROI, and control costs. Direct infrastructure, network and telecom, help desk, access control, training, and document processing for users. Manager of direct and indirect reports. Working with department heads to optimize IT and/or IS processes. Promote and sell department projects to company management. Manage over $M annual budget consistently delivering within % under target budget through assessments of market trends and renegotiating contracts.
Selected management achievements
* Strategized with department head to implement solutions to streamline processes.
* Developed tools to simplify the management of the ERP, resulting in considerable user time savings.
+ Designed a high performance computing cluster alleviating load and optimizing computing power. Investment was paid off in less than months. Furthermore, $K calculations were completed and delivered to customers within days, as opposed to weeks.
+ Provided tools and thirdparty resourcing to Document Control which ensured not only proper standardized practices, but the ability for all QA and engineering personnel to find relevant data. Restructuring databases resulted in an average of minutes time savings per day per person, resulting in over a $M labor savings annually.
+ Provided SharePoint services, providing document versioning and centralized and ease of access, giving users more efficient methods to collaborate.
* Collaborated with crossfunctional teams worldwide to ensure that the systems provide the most effective and comprehensive services possible to users while complying with worldwide corporate IT/IS governance.
* Acted as liaison between multiple business units to plan, schedule, coordinate, and oversee corporate software upgrades, installations, and monitoring applications for optimum user performance.
* Reduced the number of helpdesk calls by % through trainings and knowledge base/FAQ implementation.
* Data Center creation and relocation
* Developed layout and prepared comprehensive cost estimates for multiple office relocations.
* Managed the completion of multiple server room relocations and expansions, including the complete design of data centers, action plans, scheduling, and cost analysis, while also ensuring virtually no downtime.
Selected technical accomplishments
* Designed and implemented:
* HP PolyServe CIFS and NFS Cluster suites on GBps backbone using domain DFS.
* High speed backup systems using LTO technology and deduplication systems.
* HP SAN&;s with redundant pathing.
* Consolidated and stabilized servers, dramatically improving uptime and increasing ROI, using virtualization and blade technology.
* Setup automated remote deployment services for multiple sites allowing users to reimage machines without the need for onsite IT support.
* Designed and managed companywide computer access and physical smartcard control security systems.
* Lead the design and development of entirely dynamic Intranet and Extranet based on Perl and MySQL technologies.
* Generated written procedures for: network installation and configuration; redundant emergency and disaster data recovery plans, all IT policies, and SLA.
* Reduced manual processes by %, resulting in lowered overhead costs, through numerous scripting, network, and datacenter monitoring.
EPITA School of Computer Science and Advanced Technologies
EPITA is one of the leading computer engineering schools of France and offers advanced degrees in multiple fields of IT/IS covering every spectrum of computing. Its state of the art systems provide students and staff with the leading edge in technology.
Senior System Administrator Direct Report to IT Director
Paris, France, May June
Lead a team of junior administrators and trainees to run the EPITA University IT systems, spanning numerous sites and campuses. As deputy to the IT director, responsibilities included managing over active users on a single site, requiring massive networking skills to allow high throughput bandwidth and reliability to hundreds of servers.
* Designed and maintained all Cisco network infrastructures and managed the servers; primarily NetBSD and Solaris.
* Secured campus networks by maintaining and monitoring dozens of gateways to protect from student threats and outside networks.
* Created and performed mass network installation of UNIX clients including deployment and selfconfiguration of NT workstations.
* Worked closely with school faculty on budgets and reducing operating costs.
System Administrator Direct Report to CFO
Summer and Winter Intern Hawthorne, NY
Created the IT department and built it from the ground up. At the time, users operated stand alone computers with Windows and no network over three sites New York, San Francisco, and Seattle. Developed, designed, & prepared cost estimates for multiple site migrations and installation. The entire process was completed over multiple months internships with minimal budgets. To provide cost savings, all user computers were purchased barebones at local dealers and assembled on site.
* Provided interoffice VPN connectivity.
* Implemented email system using Exchange ..
* Developed redundant backup and power systems to meet quality assurance legal requirements.
* Performed daily maintenance and responded to x oncall support and also outside the internships to local contractors.
* Provided training for users to using Windows NT and new Microsoft Office suite systems.
OS: Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris
Financial: Deltek, Cognos, Axium
Databases: MS SQL, MySql, Oracle
Hardware: HP SAN, NAS, Proliant Servers & Blades, APC
Win Servers: PolyServe, Exchange, IIS, TS, SMS/SCCM, WSUS, WDS
Networking: HP Procurve, Cisco Wired & Wifi, SonicWall
Unix Servers: NFS, Samba, Sendmail, Squid, Bind, Apache, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS, ServiceGuard
Tools: ARCserve, FlexLM, Eminentware, VMware, TrackIt!, Retrospect, LaserFiche, HEAT, SIM
HPC: Moab Cluster Suite, Torque, PBS
EPITA Ecole Pour l&;Informatique et les Techniques Avancées Paris, France
School of Computer Science and Advanced Technologies
Master&;s Degree in Computer Science
Major: Systems, Network & Security
GPA: . Magna Cum Laude